Slimmer Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BF% and when to bulk

I have been cutting for a while an am now 153lbs at 19% bf. I look much better than when I started at 215lbs and my bf was probally double. I was wondering how far down do I have to go before bulking. I know bulking can add a bit of bf, so I wanna an opinion as to a bf% when to start. Also, how can you guys eat so much. I am eating like 5-6 times a day just cutting and am really full. For bulking I can't imagine eating 1.5 grams of protein for every lb. Would whey be ok for bulking if I can't eat more. Some of the articles I have read have like 7 things to eat for a single meal. I don't think I could eat like that.

F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pics would be helpful... but if you are 153 with that much bf, it is best just to go on a clean bulk

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile It's ur choice . . .

What BF% 2 start bulking is an individual choice. Most guys pick a level somewhat lower than where u r now, typically somewhere in the 10-14% range.

As far as getting in more calories when u feel full all the time now in the cutting phase, I'd recommend eating more nutrient-dense foods. Things like whole eggs, red meat, nuts, avocados, fatty fish, cheese, peanut butter.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

yeah, I am planning to get down further, I just was hoping to see some natural muscle when I was done cutting, but now I see that I will have to bulk to get to look like I want. No short cuts I guess.

Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Slimmer Jim View Post
    I have been cutting for a while an am now 153lbs at 19% bf. I look much better than when I started at 215lbs and my bf was probally double. I was wondering how far down do I have to go before bulking. I know bulking can add a bit of bf, so I wanna an opinion as to a bf% when to start. Also, how can you guys eat so much. I am eating like 5-6 times a day just cutting and am really full. For bulking I can't imagine eating 1.5 grams of protein for every lb. Would whey be ok for bulking if I can't eat more. Some of the articles I have read have like 7 things to eat for a single meal. I don't think I could eat like that.
    You can start bulking whenever you want. If you want to see your abs then you would probably be best going down to around 8% then start bulking. IMO anywhere between 8-10% is the best time to start bulking. Whey is fine for bulking and cutting. Most of my meals consist of 1 source of protein, carbs, and fat.
    Magicmatt: "Robert Horry's on court performance is better than Lebron James."

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just eat clean and have a good combo of lifting and cardio.

you will continue to burn fat while putting on quality muscle at the same time.

Originally Posted by athenafootball View Post
    just eat clean and have a good combo of lifting and cardio.

you will continue to burn fat while putting on quality muscle at the same time.

I didn't think fat burning and muscle gains were possible at the same time? How is that possible? Don't you have to be in a caloric defecit to burn fat and surplus for muscle?

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    with the stage that you are at.

a healthy diet and lifting schedule will allow both to occur. trust me