Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Z-Money has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Side effects of ZMA...

... and any other information would be appreciated. I'm thinking of starting this in my first bulking cycle this summer. What are some side effects or where could I find some?

Z-Money has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ... side effects that is. thanks in advance.

TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

hey man

hey bro
    jus' search in it in google.com
    Type Zinc - Nutrition

and you'll get tons
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does ZMA actually work? im thinking about getting some...i dont see how a simple mineral is supposed to give you great results

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    acne, drowsiness.

Bodzilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No Side Effects.

I don't think the minerals give you a boost. Its more that its replenishing Zinc and Magnesium (which bodybuilders deplete easily through lifting). Therefore it puts you back to a normal (Read: Recovered) body state. I also believe that these minerals have soem play in Testosterone production. I grow much more facial hair while sleeping with ZMA then when I'm off it.
    You can only build a strong brick house one brick at a time.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ZMA contains very high levls of vitamin B6, Zinc and Magnesium.

Possible side-effects of Zinc

Rare--With large doses
    Chills; continuing ulcers or sores in mouth or throat ; fever; heartburn; indigestion; nausea; sore throat; unusual tiredness or weakness

Symptoms of overdose
    Chest pain; dizziness; fainting; shortness of breath; vomiting; yellow eyes or skin

POssible side-effects of Vitamin B6

With large doses

Clumsiness; numbness of hands or feet

POssible side-effects of magnesium

Check with your health care professional immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

Rare (with injectable magnesium only)
    Dizziness or fainting; flushing; irritation and pain at injection site—for intramuscular administration only; muscle paralysis; troubled breathing

Symptoms of overdose (rare in individuals with normal kidney function)
    Blurred or double vision; coma; dizziness or fainting; drowsiness (severe) ; increased or decreased urination; slow heartbeat; troubled breathing
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me, the side effects of taking ZMA is breakouts. Eventhough I am only 15, I never had pimples until I started taking ZMa so I stopped it and now my face is complletely clear. It all depends on which is more important to you, a pimply face with extra tostesterone, or a clear face.

ChiseledLaxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started taking ZMA and I've got a fever of 101.2. Earlier in the thread it says this could happen in large doses, but I took one pill last night and didn't start feeling bad until about 2 this afternoon. Think it's a coincidence?

klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000) klax410 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been on ZMA for a week now, and I feel great! I take 3 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach, and i wake up feeling like I could run a marathon. I wake up with my eyes wide open and feeling refreshed.

Morning wood gets old though... this thing makes ur morning boners last for like 30 minutes lol. But i also I noticed (not to be crass) but your testosterone goes up (harrier legs and increased semen production for me) I like it and it's great. Im about to order another bottle soon.

h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    zinc gave you acne? really?

idk about magnesium but when i took zinc pills it helped get rid of my acne

ChiseledLaxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by benner410
    I've been on ZMA for a week now, and I feel great! I take 3 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach, and i wake up feeling like I could run a marathon. I wake up with my eyes wide open and feeling refreshed.
    I noticed that I was more refreshed in the morning (but that could be placebo) and I felt great until about 2 as I said. I dont think i should take 3 until I make sure this is just a coincidence.

I also have aches and chills. It feels like the first signs of the flu.

eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 pill isn't going to cause an overdose, you most likely have a virus.

Ninja Life Extensionist Herbgarden's Avatar
    Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Z-Money
    ... side effects that is. thanks in advance.
    Common SIDE EFFECTS:

B6 Overdose : Muscle Spasms and alike, sleeplessness, agitation.

Zinc: Destruction of cells/cell structure.

Magnesium: Diarrhea/ gastrointestinal distress. (but its hard to overdose it from ZMA)

For Other info, google it .

And I pity the dumbass who said you can't overdose on ZMA.
    Last edited by Herbgarden; 03-09-2006 at 07:16 PM.
    Chest - 58"
    Arms - 22"
    Calves - 19"
    while cold

HeaVeN knows about other stats:p

Ninja Life Extensionist Herbgarden's Avatar
    Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herbgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High levels / Overdose / Toxicity / Negative Side Effects - Symptoms and/or Risk Factors:

Zinc:
    DRI (RDA): 18 years+ => 15mg

Nausea, vomiting, dehydration, gastrointestinal
    problems, stomach ulcers, prostatitis, higher risk
    of several types of cancer, loss of libido, anemia,
    impotence, hair loss, joint / back pains, muscle
    spasms / cramps, dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain),
    ovarian cysts (left), weakened immune system,
    irritability.

Magnesium:
    DRI (RDA): 18 years+ => 300-400mg

Cardiovascular disease, muscle / joint pains,
    dry skin, low stomach acid, low blood pressure,
    depression, fatigue, higher risk for several
    cancers, diarrhea, osteoporosis, joint / spinal
    degeneration, dehydration, muscle spasms /
    cramps.

Vitamin B6 - Pyridoxine / P5P:
    DRI (RDA): 18 years+ => 300mcg

Numbness in hands and/or feet (from high intake of
    pyridoxine, not pyridoxal-5-phosphate), depression,
    suicidal tendencies, severe fatigue, low blood sugar,
    mood swings, migraine-headaches, heart palpitations,
    hyperthyroid, hypothyroid (long-term supplementation),
    spinal / nerve degeneration (all forms of Vitamin B6),
    muscle spasms / cramps, osteoporosis, arthritis,
    higher blood pressure (short-term supplementation),
    lower blood pressure (long-term supplementation),
    abnormally high phosphorus-sodium ratio (low pH),
    abnormally high magnesium-calcium ratio, severe
    calcium deficiency, severe manganese deficiency,
    PMS, decreased estrogen, decreased prolactin,
    restlessness, increased dream activity, insomnia.

EnjoyZ!
    Chest - 58"
    Arms - 22"
    Calves - 19"
    while cold

HeaVeN knows about other stats:p

Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jesus, some of you are only 14-15 taking ZMA. WTF. You guys do realize that you dont need a test booster at that age right?
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Get out of my face! equilibrium's Avatar
    equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250) equilibrium has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Errorist
    Jesus, some of you are only 14-15 taking ZMA. WTF. You guys do realize that you dont need a test booster at that age right?
    Thank you!

kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100)
    twinlab's zma fuel gave me the worst acne ever

kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Errorist
    zma is more like a "testosteron-drop-caused-by-mineral-deficiency-preventor", not a "test booster"

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dnt use zinc as a test. booster, i use it as a basic mineral, just as i would iron, calcium etc, i use magnesium to settle me down at night.

zinc is suposidally good for acne, but not really at high doses,

not really recomended for under 16yrs
    RIP Steve Irwin :(

tapoutj4423 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Herbgarden View Post
    High levels / Overdose / Toxicity / Negative Side Effects - Symptoms and/or Risk Factors:

Zinc:
    DRI (RDA): 18 years+ => 15mg

Nausea, vomiting, dehydration, gastrointestinal
    problems, stomach ulcers, prostatitis, higher risk
    of several types of cancer, loss of libido, anemia,
    impotence, hair loss, joint / back pains, muscle
    spasms / cramps, dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain),
    ovarian cysts (left), weakened immune system,
    irritability.

Magnesium:
    DRI (RDA): 18 years+ => 300-400mg

Cardiovascular disease, muscle / joint pains,
    dry skin, low stomach acid, low blood pressure,
    depression, fatigue, higher risk for several
    cancers, diarrhea, osteoporosis, joint / spinal
    degeneration, dehydration, muscle spasms /
    cramps.

Vitamin B6 - Pyridoxine / P5P:
    DRI (RDA): 18 years+ => 300mcg

Numbness in hands and/or feet (from high intake of
    pyridoxine, not pyridoxal-5-phosphate), depression,
    suicidal tendencies, severe fatigue, low blood sugar,
    mood swings, migraine-headaches, heart palpitations,
    hyperthyroid, hypothyroid (long-term supplementation),
    spinal / nerve degeneration (all forms of Vitamin B6),
    muscle spasms / cramps, osteoporosis, arthritis,
    higher blood pressure (short-term supplementation),
    lower blood pressure (long-term supplementation),
    abnormally high phosphorus-sodium ratio (low pH),
    abnormally high magnesium-calcium ratio, severe
    calcium deficiency, severe manganese deficiency,
    PMS, decreased estrogen, decreased prolactin,
    restlessness, increased dream activity, insomnia.

EnjoyZ!

HOW THE **** CAN YOU HAVE A LOSS OF LIBIDO IF ITS A ****IN TEST BOOSTER BY 30%???

Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Strong Bump

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fail. negged the bumper.
    Pennsylvania State University Alumni: Nutritional Sciences

adamfeldman84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question ZMA with Animal Pak

i take 1 animal pak in the morning at 8:00 with my 1st meal of the day after my workout and late at night (around 11:00) im going to bed and taking a 2 ZMA and if i dont fall right to sleep i get numbness in hands and feet and chills. i have not checked for fever do you think that i need to take just 1?

P.S. my gf LOVES me when im on the stuff expect to bone more. lol,

∆ Th∑ Gr∑∑k GΩd ∆ AlphaTauMuscle's Avatar
    AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by adamfeldman84 View Post
    i take 1 animal pak in the morning at 8:00 with my 1st meal of the day after my workout and late at night (around 11:00) im going to bed and taking a 2 ZMA and if i dont fall right to sleep i get numbness in hands and feet and chills. i have not checked for fever do you think that i need to take just 1?

P.S. my gf LOVES me when im on the stuff expect to bone more. lol,
    wow way to bump a 6year old post

jesterbones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesterbones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesterbones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FYI: Zinc 'upper limits' are actually established at rather low levels (may be as low as 40-50 mg). We all may need to be cautious is taking ZMA regularly:

http://ods.od.nih.gov/FactSheets/Zinc.asp#h2

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40025340/#ref1
    Stay on the grind, day in and day out.

Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    emms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its only a dietry supplement if u only take one a day ur not going to get side Effects except the fact u get damn good hardons , oh yes and the fact that the vitamin b6 helps to retain the testosterone that is normally produced in ur body , for a bit longer than usual, may just help with that and the 2 metals will help with blood circulation and the oxygen flow to the muscles hence the extra stamina, though not necessary any extra growth......ENJOY!!!! by the way i know they help with the better...er sex life as my bf was a bit crap for yrs hehe but 3 days after taking them he was ......god wat can i say mm..mm

jb4502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Zma side effects.

I took recommended dose for two nights exactly as directed and woke up feeling flushed, weak and with terrible diarrhea. I'm not sore though... So I guess it worked on that end but not worth the sickness.

xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJesusFreaKx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jb4502 View Post
    I took recommended dose for two nights exactly as directed and woke up feeling flushed, weak and with terrible diarrhea. I'm not sore though... So I guess it worked on that end but not worth the sickness.
    Strong bumps ITT

Corpsman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well first thing i want to say is that the people saying that 'some reactions are not true cuz i dont have them' are just plain ignorant, some people might have an allergy or sensitivity where as other people dont, many people have allergies to high levels of zinc. Just like some people are allergic to latex and others arnt... DOESNT MEAN THE ALLERGY OR SENSITIVITY DOESNT EXIST freakin numbnuts, but anyways.

I noticed that i had developed hives but thought nothing of it, but a few days later it got bad and the areas where it started had increased, especially the arms, knees, and ears, i had dropped back on taking it had started to clear but still had minor areas for several days, next day i had dropped it completely and guess what, absolutely nothing on me.

if testosterone boost is what you are looking for ive had the some if not better results with tribulus and pink magic together (in the right doses for stacking, dont be dumb)
    Jonesy

"The more you sweat in training, The less you bleed in battle"