Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you think I'm eating too much protein?

OK usually on the average day, I take in about 2-2 1/2 pounds of chicken (uncooked weight) daily. I cook it by stir frying for about 10 mins and make my own home made General Tso's chicken or something along those lines.

On top of that I also take in about 100-180 grams of whey.

I'm not the best at math, but beings there's 28 grams in an ounce, and 16 ounces in a pound, and say on average eating 2 pounds of chicken, 28x32= 896 grams of protein?

Even if that number is cut in half, if I'm wrong, that's around 450 grams not including the whey.

Unless I'm all wrong on the calculations, does anyone feel thats "too much" protein?

indentured servant velikimajmun's Avatar
    velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Vel
    OK usually on the average day, I take in about 2-2 1/2 pounds of chicken (uncooked weight) daily. I cook it by stir frying for about 10 mins and make my own home made General Tso's chicken or something along those lines.

On top of that I also take in about 100-180 grams of whey.

I'm not the best at math, but beings there's 28 grams in an ounce, and 16 ounces in a pound, and say on average eating 2 pounds of chicken, 28x32= 896 grams of protein?

Even if that number is cut in half, if I'm wrong, that's around 450 grams not including the whey.

Unless I'm all wrong on the calculations, does anyone feel thats "too much" protein?
    You forgot that chicken is actually mostly water...the 198g breasts I buy have 41 grams of protein and 1g of fat

by my estimate you are getting somewhere in the ball park of 400g per day including the whey
    Avant Labs Rep

Sesalean the fat burning oil is now available

Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by velikimajmun
    You forgot that chicken is actually mostly water...the 198g breasts I buy have 41 grams of protein and 1g of fat

by my estimate you are getting somewhere in the ball park of 400g per day including the whey
    ya i know muscle tissue is mostly water but didn't know exactly how much.