redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

last squat critique plz

i know the quality sucks, but tell me plz from what u can see, how is my squat????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWzcqd2Yu-I
    tnx

Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think that it looked too bad though it seems like you're pushing off with more of the balls of your feet as opposed to the heels. But I understand how hard it is to maintain balanced when you're going that low.
    ...to die is simply to end the cycle of pain

vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The reason you're pushing off your toes is, you're not sitting back when you start. The hips need to move back as the knees move forward. Your first movement should be hips back & down, not just straight down.

Try it, you should feel more balanced.
    The guys who claim "I did GOMAD and got fat" are just stupid. - Dave76

redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redivote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Traug View Post
    I don't think that it looked too bad though it seems like you're pushing off with more of the balls of your feet as opposed to the heels. But I understand how hard it is to maintain balanced when you're going that low.
    was that sarcasm???
    ahh i dont know what u guys mean by pushing from the hills, wtf? wont it make my toes up?!?

Registered User GEORGIACHAMPION's Avatar
    GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    already said........ you need to sit back as you squat, your knees should never hang out further than your feet. keep your feet pointed straight forward when you squat or your going to develope all kinds of problems if you use alot of heavy weights. its happened to me and im only 20. stay on your heels.

Originally Posted by GEORGIACHAMPION View Post
    already said........ you need to sit back as you squat, your knees should never hang out further than your feet. keep your feet pointed straight forward when you squat or your going to develope all kinds of problems if you use alot of heavy weights. its happened to me and im only 20. stay on your heels.
    i am steady on my hils
    and about the knees coming a bit forward the toes-i understood thats its ok and even unavoidable when going down low

lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redivote View Post
    i am steady on my hils
    and about the knees coming a bit forward the toes-i understood thats its ok and even unavoidable when going down low
    This is correct. I have never seen anyone do ATG and not have their knees go over their toes. It's just unavoidable.

How wide is your stance? For ATG squats, your feet should be roughly shoulder width or a little closer.

XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by redivote View Post
    i am steady on my hils
    when you're lifting the weight back up (i.e. pressing your feet into the ground), where do you feel the most pressure on your feet? there's no way it's your heels when you have so much of your knees in front of your toes... if you did push off your heels in that stance you'd fall on your ass. its not impossible to do an ATG squat without your knees getting ahead of you it just takes practice... start with parallel and continue downward once you get the hang of it. anyway to help you lower your hips and not your knees just picture sitting back into a chair sorta... i mean you ass is obviously close to the floor but your knees don't go forward do they? similar mechanics with squat
    awww yeaaa 9 month knee injuries are fun as hell!

Originally Posted by lanks View Post
    This is correct. I have never seen anyone do ATG and not have their knees go over their toes. It's just unavoidable.

How wide is your stance? For ATG squats, your feet should be roughly shoulder width or a little closer.
    my stand is about shoulder width, maybe a bit shorter,
    well im not doing really atg squat, im going deep but its not atg..or it is??

crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That's not true. Having your feet slightly angled relieves a lot of the pressure from the knees, helping to protect them.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your locking your knees at the top, this well take stress off the muscle.

dude, in the book starting strength by M.R it was well written that the feets should point out in 30 degress....

Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The proper form of the squat, whether you're parallel, ATG, or inbetween, is to keep the weight in a center line from the top of your shoulders straight down to your heels. With the ATG squat, it is natural to go forward a bit. But you have to make sure that you don't because, again, you're pushing force should be focused on your heels. The more you allow the weight to swing forward or backward, the more likely you are to hurt yourself and/or to lose control of what you're lifting.

While you're not lifting a ton of weight, you might be better off working on your form more so than the weight. You could drop a little bit or just work the bar itself. There isn't anything wrong with that, especially if it helps in the long run.

MontanaPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it could be alot worse. Point your feet a little straighter and stay on your heels more. I also noticed your almost going too deep. A little past parallel is all you need to go, otherwise you could be putting excess stress on your knees. altogether decent squat keep up the good work

Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000) Gorilla34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crawford62 View Post
    That's not true. Having your feet slightly angled relieves a lot of the pressure from the knees, helping to protect them.
    slightly is the key word...he kinda looks like he is at a 45 to me... could be the angle though...
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Follow my log at: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110092871

phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by crawford62 View Post
    I thought the angled feet was neccesary for a wide stance, but for a narrow stance not needed.

XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by phat_endo View Post
    I thought the angled feet was neccesary for a wide stance, but for a narrow stance not needed.
    truth... the stance used by a powerlifter i knew was wider than shoulder width by a bit and as a result he slanted his feet outward more... it hits your legs in a different way than closer does tho.
    awww yeaaa 9 month knee injuries are fun as hell!

well i dont think thats the problem: i am standing on shoulder width and my feets are 30 degress out...
    i just dont understand what u guys mean by pushing from the hils and how to not going to forward with my knees

Gonna explain this really slow.

When you squat, you initially de-rack all of the weight so that it is on the middle of your traps. As you go through the movement, the weight should move perpendicular to the ground. That means, it should go straight up and down. Not forward, not backward, straight up and down.

If you are NOT pushing up and down on your HEELS (not hils), that means that the weight is too far forward. If your knees are pushing out over your toes, the weight is too far forward. Having the weight hang too far forward puts too much stress on your lower back and the arches of the feet. This can cause serious injury.

The biggest problem that I see when people squat, along with some other exercises, is that they can't control the weight. This affects their form which can lead to serious injury. Drop some of your weight and get your form down before you hurt yourself.