urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

soccer diet???? please help

i play soccer, and needless to say, lotta running involved. I am also going to be dieting for about the first 3-4 weeks of training, which is two times a week, and I will have as myh cardio. so anyway, would it work if I diet all the other days, but pig out a lil more to help with the long pratices? any advice would be appreciated!!!!

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're trying to bulk, playing soccer is gonna kick your ass. Two times a week isnt too bad, but will take its toll. If you're trying to cut up, then you have it made. Ive personally never seen a fat soccer player. The 5 days your off are important though. I can help more once you explain what it is you're wanting to do, cut or bulk up...aight man

urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by YellowJacket
    If you're trying to bulk, playing soccer is gonna kick your ass. Two times a week isnt too bad, but will take its toll. If you're trying to cut up, then you have it made. Ive personally never seen a fat soccer player. The 5 days your off are important though. I can help more once you explain what it is you're wanting to do, cut or bulk up...aight man
    not trying to sound rude, but I am asking for whether or noe I should pig out on the days that I do soccer, if that will hurt my diet, this doenst really help much.....

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well soccer games are relatively long so it's gonna be hard to truly pig out, Id take a healthy, high calorie snack to eat when you get a break, and not to sound rude but if you "pig out" on days you play soccer, are you gonna be kind of lathargic and not perform real well??

2fingeredjack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by urbanlegend

not trying to sound rude, but I am asking for whether or noe I should pig out on the days that I do soccer, if that will hurt my diet, this doenst really help much.....
    Shut the **** up. You're the one who asked for a diet you ****in' feild fairy. Not to be offensive or anything, but you shouldn't act like an ass to the guys who are trying to help you out.
    "Scratch my ears, and I'll chase down your balls" - verse taken from 'Dog's Life' by Pulley

Originally posted by 2fingeredjack

Shut the **** up. You're the one who asked for a diet you ****in' feild fairy. Not to be offensive or anything, but you shouldn't act like an ass to the guys who are trying to help you out.
    Thats y i said not trying to be rude, and so far no one has helped with the diet as it is so.........

I know it may sound like im being a jerk (i dont see how though), but seriously, dont post just to flame, or go on and on and on about stuff that doesnt relate to the question, i mean, wouldnt u want the same thing if u posted something? I post cause I just want a lil help.......sorry if I offended anyone

bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you got long practices with a lotta running, you can eat pretty much anything you want, within reason. Don't eat **** food or anything (candy, pop, etc), but you can have tons of carbs because they are gunna be burnt by the end of the game/practice.

But the main thing is: you play a sport to perform well. You eat what needs to be eaten to perform at that level. Don't try to cut during a sports season. It will either happen on its own, or no change will occur. That's the way it works.

If you don't eat your carbs before the game, though, this'll happen because the other team is pissed at your mood swings from low blood sugar:
    Attached Images

thanks dude, nice pic

RAZO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alright urban, ive been playen soccer for 14 years now and been bodybuilding for 2. WE do a ****en **** load of running and cardio so go ahead and eat as much as you want. If you want to cut still dont worry about it. we run enough to burn the stuff off. if you want to eat a crap load on soccer days i guess thats okay. i think you might feel kinda sluggish but i dont think it will hurt you at all. It will make bulking damn diffiuclt though. I know from experience.

sprinter100107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have played for 12 yrs, my dad played pro. so i might know what i am talkin about. the diet that our team nutrition has got me on is simple. eat a lot of carbs, grains, and after you eat that eat some more of it and don't forget to drink a lot of fluids and for god's sake don't drink soda. where do you play that training has just started? i play project-40 (the feeder program for MLS) and we just ended organized workouts.

rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Yeah...

Soccer should get you ripped, I use to play it for many good years, but now I play football. Our coaches murder us with cardio. I expect to have a sixpack this fall lol with their evilness.
    My steroid cycles? Deadlift and Squat once a week, every week.

[]

RAZO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you dad played pro, who is he and for what team?

sprinter100107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i ain't givin any names out over the internet. but he played in greece for 6 yrs, the chicago sting, semi-pro indoor for new york/new jersey. (before MLS was around) he played keeper, and beleive me he ain't small. if there are any doubters look up p231 in the 1976 edition of The Complete Handbook to Soccer. that is him.

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow! what happened to that guy in he pic????? did he have to go hospital?
    Kill me. You must. For I will not stop.

Originally posted by sprinter100107
    i have played for 12 yrs, my dad played pro. so i might know what i am talkin about. the diet that our team nutrition has got me on is simple. eat a lot of carbs, grains, and after you eat that eat some more of it and don't forget to drink a lot of fluids and for god's sake don't drink soda. where do you play that training has just started? i play project-40 (the feeder program for MLS) and we just ended organized workouts.
    i have heard of that, but I also heard not many guys make it up to the MLS.......best of luck to ya, im glad soccer is doing ok here