MoneyShot1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why can't I bench more??

I just turned 19 3 weeks ago and i am 5-9 3/4 and 168lbs and I can only do 3 sets of 145 (the bar is 45, right?). the first set i can do 10, the second only 8, then the third only 7. I see people my size who are benching way more and i have no idea how they can do it. the bar will fall on me if i did any more. Maybe i am holding it wrong or something?

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MoneyShot1
    I just turned 19 3 weeks ago and i am 5-9 3/4 and 168lbs and I can only do 3 sets of 145 (the bar is 45, right?). the first set i can do 10, the second only 8, then the third only 7. I see people my size who are benching way more and i have no idea how they can do it. the bar will fall on me if i did any more. Maybe i am holding it wrong or something?
    Dont worry bro, they've probably just been training longer and have more experience under their belt. Either way make sure your diet is in check (find out exactly how many calories, proteins, carbs, and fats you have to eat every day and write down the count for each of your six meals) and do this for a while to get on the right track. After that, just give it time and you'll be reppin 225 in no time buddy!
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBlowin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea for the longest time i would not go up at all in my bench too. Make sure your taking in alot of protein and a lot of good food. In my workout I do all three bench presses.(Decline, Incline, and Flat) Then I do something like cable crossovers or flies after those. Different things work for different people, sometimes you just have to find out on your own as i did.

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MindBlowin
    Yea for the longest time i would not go up at all in my bench too. Make sure your taking in alot of protein and a lot of good food. In my workout I do all three bench presses.(Decline, Incline, and Flat) Then I do something like cable crossovers or flies after those. Different things work for different people, sometimes you just have to find out on your own as i did.
    Yeah, changing exercises most likely wont' help much though.. I find that most people plateau because they're not eating enough.... but anyway to get a bigger bench just do more barbell bench, and every other chest exercise is basically supplementary.
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) surfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you are probably lagging in one of the other muscle groups used when benching, such as triceps and shoulders.
    george bush dont surf

krzys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krzys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My bench is low too but it was way lower a few months ago. I upped my protein and cals and switched my workouts every few weeks. Try doing incline, flat, dips, and maybe flys. Change them up with barbell and dumbell every few weeks too. Good luck.

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    surfer, i think you hit it right on the money. i think i might be lagging in my shoulders, which is probably preventing it

wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10) wavflow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Kinda a bump to his question, is a bench bar/deadlift bar 45lbs or 40lbs?

45lbs, you n00b!

jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by violinlifter
    45lbs, you n00b!
    olympic bar is 45. ezcurl bar or some other bar is less
    *** BMB Founder and President ***

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    are you cutting or bulking?

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't believe no one has said this...

Do squats and deadlifts. I found my bench improved dramatically when I started squatting and deadlifting, since both exercises put your body through some of the most strenuous work it will ever have to go through, especially squats. This forces your body to secrete an obscene amount of testosterone that will boost overall muscle and strength growth, and yes, this very much includes your bench.

Basically, keep training, eat right, squat and deadlift.

Originally Posted by Shion

Do squats and deadlifts. I found my bench improved dramatically when I started squatting and deadlifting, since both exercises put your body through some of the most strenuous work it will ever have to go through, especially squats. This forces your body to secrete an obscene amount of testosterone that will boost overall muscle and strength growth, and yes, this very much includes your bench.

yeah, why dont we all jump on the "JUST DO SQUATS MAN THEY'RE AWESOME" bandwagon.

milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MoneyShot1
    Do you have the following?
    A) A good diet?
    B) A good workout routine?
    C) Enough sleep?

If so, then the only thing left is time, be patient, you will slowly but surely move up in weight.

One option you could try is to do lower reps, such as 8/6/4 and add more weight, instead of keeping the same wieght and doing 10/8/7
    I hate stupid.

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jehst
    yeah, why dont we all jump on the "JUST DO SQUATS MAN THEY'RE AWESOME" bandwagon.
    It's not like we'd be wrong... :P

juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The hormone release is not obscene, but it does exist.....In a teenager the effect makes no difference because your test levels are already sky high

fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The test release is nothing significant. Makes no noticeable difference.

I did feel an overall improvement of my benching after I started squatting, though...

Maybe I'm just imagining things.

juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) juiceisub3r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your not imagining anything

My bench jumped 25lbs in 2 months, happened after I started squatting for a few months....not saying thats what did it but it was probably a factor

I started training max-ot also, I found that to help alot with strength

I've been meaning to ask but I'm kind of ashamed of ending up looking like a noob...

What exactly is Max-OT training?