jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Working Biceps and triceps together.

Now i know there are a few people out there who dont feel as though arms need their own day so please dont make that comment.

For those who do your biceps and triceps on the same session, how do you do it? Do you have a small break in between both?

I've tried various things and even supersetted with a bi/tri combination. Would maybe even having a small protein shake in between be a good idea?

mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mstenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    apparently training the opposing muscle can be a good thing in terms of recovery. When using your bicep for a heavy curl for argument sake your tricep is only then full relaxed. allowing for maximum recovery in that short period of time. (i have no link to article, but have read it before somewhere.)
    it sounds as if it makes sense. a gym buddy does dips and pullups alternating. hes just pumps out 4 sets of ten on each basically one after the other. without a break.
    "Peach...I could eat a peach for hours."

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I train all biceps first, then all triceps on the same day.

In the past I've supersetted, as well as one bicep exercise followed by one tricep exercise. Feel that the current way has been most beneficial for me. Check my journal to see what I'm talking about.

I wouldn't worry about the shake inbetween. You shouldn't be that taxed, but if you are then sip a BCAA drink during your workout, like Xtend or something.
    Return of the Mack?

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I alternate tri/bi and finish with a superset.

Ex:
    CG Bench press
    E-Z curls
    Skulls
    DB curls
    Rope pressdown/preacher curl superset

I would actualy finish this with a final set of as many pressdowns possible (drop set), rest, and then as many preacher curls possible (drop set).

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I always write my workout down ahead of time...based on what I did last week...trying to get another rep or go up in weight etc.

I havent really done an "arm day" for the last few years until maybe 3 months ago. Now Saturday is my "arm day". Im always running late on Sat and the gym closes at 1pm, lol.

Ive pretty much ALWAYS done each muscle group by itself, finished it, then went on to the other one. but last week i was so late I HAD to alternate between tri/bi tri/bi etc. It was a disaster...it just doesnt work for me, lol.

I have to FOCUS on that one muscle and really work it. If I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off I cant really focus that well.

but, for "high energy" type guys who like a fast pace it would be ideal. There is a cop in my gym who does circuit type stuff...high speed fashion. Works for him but its not for me.
    "Humility comes before honor"