Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You cant spot reduce so unless you cut more the chest will remain the same. If you buold muscle there it will make your chest bigger but the fat wont go.
    You dont have gyno. People throw that word around like its out of fashion.

smn1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if u can't spot reduce.. what the hell does yohimburn do then

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Macro and Ulter say Ronnie Coleman order lots of Yohimburn.
    My bodyfat may actually be low enough now for that to be effective

Originally Posted by smn1234 View Post

smn1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't want to look like Ronnie Coleman. I'm posting in the losing fat board to lose fat.. not be muscle man like this guy..

tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ManOnAMission View Post
    You do not have gyno.. Beleive me.
    how do you know he doesnt have gyno? did you feel his nipples?

seriously though yes, he has gyno. gyno is having larger than normal nipples or fatty tissue that sticks out in a feminine way. this is clearly the case from his picture. hard tissue is just one form of gyno.

EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by smn1234 View Post
    Havnt read about it but it doesnt spot reduce. Nothing can spot reduce. Get that into your head.

Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EazyE15 View Post
    Havnt read about it but it doesnt spot reduce. Nothing can spot reduce. Get that into your head.
    you can repeat that just like all the others that repeat it. But that does not make it true.

other examples
    deoxycholate
    pgf2a
    HGH
    Insulin, can cause both local fat gain and loss- wierd huh?
    IGF

recent studies also show that minimal but clinically significant fat loss can be acheived through local muscle activation.

fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HENRYtheKING View Post
    I need to lose the fat off my chest ASAP. I know I can do pushups but my friend told me I can't expect to see results unless I switch it up with different excersizes.

Also, before I was @ 170 and now i'm down to 160. I don't really see a difference except the fact that I can fit into my pants and they'd seem a bit looser like i dropped a size or two. My diet was two meals a day, before when I had school, lets just say my first meal wasn't as healthy as my second meal.

Now that it's summer, my first meal is as healthy as my second meal. My meals consist of rice+meat and vermicelli typed meals.

I also want to know if say I eat my first meal and I get hungry say 4pm, is it okay for me to eat something like cerial? (i prefer honey nut cherio's)

Also, my friend has a saying, "It doesn't matter how much you eat if it's healthy" Is that true?

Concentrate more on bodyfat% than your weight.

Your friend is full of it. You can get fat by eating 200 oranges per day.

2 meals a day will never help you lose weight, you need to graze with 4-6 well-portioned meals per day like superboy said.

Do cardio as well. Burning calories with cardio in addition to a moderate calorie deficit will produce results if you stick to it.
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:
    (bodyfat & LBM estimate from self-caliper)
    06-12: 220lbs.
    07-16: 213lbs.
    08-05: 209lbs.
    08-20: 206lbs.
    09-10: 202lbs.
    09-19: 200lbs.

heavy lifting hiatus:
    inguinal hernia: repaired!!!
    ***fcuk this hurts tho! In recovery for about a month**
    (curling 15 in bed on vicodin lol)

Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kraftydog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EazyE15 View Post

maybe you need to get something into your head, like considering that at 16 years old you dont know everything. Questioning spot fat reduction is fine, making declarative statements of fact is not. Especially when the evidence is against your position.

1: J Physiol. 2007 Jun 15;581(Pt 3):1247-58. Epub 2007 Mar 22. Links
    Muscle metabolism during graded quadriceps exercise in man.Helge JW, Stallknecht B, Richter EA, Galbo H, Kiens B.
    Section of Systems Biology, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences, Panum Institute, Blegdamsvej 3, Dk 2200 n, Copenhagen, Denmark. jhelge@mfi.ku.dk.

The aim of the study was to examine local muscle metabolism in response to graded exercise when the involved muscle mass is too small to elicit marked hormonal changes and local blood flow restriction. Nine healthy overnight fasted male subjects performed knee extension exercise with both thighs kicking at 25% of maximal power (W(max)) for 45 min (23 +/- 1% of pulmonary ) followed by 35 min of kicking with one thigh at 65% and the other at 85% W(max) (40 +/- 1% ). Primed constant infusion of [U-(13)C] palmitate and [(2)H(5)]glycerol was carried out. Blood was sampled from a femoral artery and both femoral veins, and thigh blood flow was determined by thermodilution. Muscle biopsies were obtained from m. vastus lateralis of both thighs. From rest through exercise at 25, 65 and 85% W(max) the thigh blood flow (0.3 +/- 0.1, 2.5 +/- 0.2, 3.5 +/- 0.2, 4.1 +/- 0.3 l min(-1)) and oxygen uptake (0.02 +/- 0.01, 0.27 +/- 0.03, 0.48 +/- 0.04, 0.55 +/- 0.05 l min(-1)) increased (P < 0.05). The plasma fatty acids oxidized in the thigh (5 +/- 1, 114 +/- 15, 162 +/- 30, 180 +/- 31 mumol min(-1)) increased (P < 0.05) with exercise intensity, whereas the total thigh fat oxidation (19 +/- 6, 312 +/- 64, 356 +/- 93, 323 +/- 120 mumol min(-1)) increased (P < 0.05) from rest, but remained unchanged through exercise. The thigh glycerol uptake (1 +/- 1, 16 +/- 4, 24 +/- 10, 39 +/- 8 mumol min(-1)) increased significantly from rest through exercise at 25-65 and 85% W(max), respectively. Glucose uptake and glycogen breakdown always increased with exercise intensity. In conclusion, in the presence of a high blood flow and oxygen supply and only small hormonal changes, total fat oxidation in muscle increases from rest to light exercise, but then remains constant with exercise intensity up to heavy exercise. However, with increasing exercise intensity, oxidation of plasma free fatty acids increases and accordingly oxidation of other fat sources decreases. These findings are in contrast to whole body measurements performed during graded exercise involving a large muscle mass during which fat oxidation peaks at around 60%

1: Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Feb;292(2):E394-9. Epub 2006 Sep 19. Links
    Are blood flow and lipolysis in subcutaneous adipose tissue influenced by contractions in adjacent muscles in humans?Stallknecht B, Dela F, Helge JW.
    Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, Blegdamsvej 3, DK-2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark. B.Stallknecht@mfi.ku.dk

Aerobic exercise increases whole body adipose tissue lipolysis, but is lipolysis higher in subcutaneous adipose tissue (SCAT) adjacent to contracting muscles than in SCAT adjacent to resting muscles? Ten healthy, overnight-fasted males performed one-legged knee extension exercise at 25% of maximal workload (W(max)) for 30 min followed by exercise at 55% W(max) for 120 min with the other leg and finally exercised at 85% W(max) for 30 min with the first leg. Subjects rested for 30 min between exercise periods. Femoral SCAT blood flow was estimated from washout of (133)Xe, and lipolysis was calculated from femoral SCAT interstitial and arterial glycerol concentrations and blood flow. In general, blood flow and lipolysis were higher in femoral SCAT adjacent to contracting than adjacent to resting muscle (time 15-30 min; blood flow: 25% W(max) 6.6 +/- 1.0 vs. 3.9 +/- 0.8 ml x 100 g(-1) x min(-1), P < 0.05; 55% W(max) 7.3 +/- 0.6 vs. 5.0 +/- 0.6 ml x 100 g(-1) x min(-1), P < 0.05; 85% W(max) 6.6 +/- 1.3 vs. 5.9 +/- 0.7 ml x 100 g(-1) x min(-1), P > 0.05; lipolysis: 25% W(max) 102 +/- 19 vs. 55 +/- 14 nmol x 100 g(-1) x min(-1), P = 0.06; 55% W(max) 86 +/- 11 vs. 50 +/- 20 nmol x 100 g(-1) x min(-1), P > 0.05; 85% W(max) 88 +/- 31 vs. -9 +/- 25 nmol x 100 g(-1) x min(-1), P < 0.05). In conclusion, blood flow and lipolysis are generally higher in SCAT adjacent to contracting than adjacent to resting muscle irrespective of exercise intensity. Thus specific exercises can induce "spot lipolysis" in adipose tissue.

1: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1982 Nov;55(5):1003-6.Links
    A comparison of subcutaneous and intramuscular administration of human growth hormone in the therapy of growth hormone deficiency.Russo L, Moore WV.
    The sc and im administration of human GH (hGH) was compared in the therapy of GH deficiency. The peak and integrated concentrations of hGH in the plasma of the patients were similar after sc and im injection of an initial dose (0.1 U/kg) of hGH. The peak hGH concentration occurred at 2 h in both groups. The posttreatment height velocity and the change in height velocity at 3-month intervals were also similar in the im and sc groups. The ****tomedin generation test resulted in a higher mean peak of ****tomedin C after sc injection; however, if the individual peaks of ****tomedin C were averaged, there was no difference between sc and im injection. A cross-over at 9 months of therapy to determine patient acceptance of im vs. sc injections indicated overwhelming acceptance of the sc route. The antibody responses to hGH were similar in both groups. We conclude that sc injection of hGH is an effective and safe mode of therapy for GH deficiency. The lipoatrophy that occurred infrequently at the injection site can be eliminated by rotation of sites. Subcutaneous administration of hGH will be more acceptable by the patients with less pain and less noncompliance.

J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005 Dec;53(6):973-8. Epub 2005 Oct 19. Links
    Comment in:
    Dermatol Surg. 2006 Sep;32(9):1217.
    Lipomas treated with subcutaneous deoxycholate injections.Rotunda AM, Ablon G, Kolodney MS.
    Division of Dermatology, University of California Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA. arotunda@hotmail.com

BACKGROUND: Lipomas are benign neoplasms of mature fat cells. Current treatments are invasive and carry the risk of scarring. Injections of phosphatidylcholine solubilized with deoxycholate, a bile salt, have been used to reduce unwanted accumulations of fat. Recent in vitro and ex vivo investigations indicate that deoxycholate alone causes adipocyte lysis. OBJECTIVE: We sought to report our experience treating lipomas using subcutaneous deoxycholate injections. METHODS: A total of 6 patients presenting with 12 lipomas were treated with intralesional injections of sodium deoxycholate (1.0%, 2.5%, and 5.0%) at intervals of 2 to 20 weeks. Tumor size, cutaneous reactions, and patients' subjective responses were recorded before and after treatment. RESULTS: All lipomas decreased in size (mean area reduction, 75%; range, 37%-100%) as determined by clinical measurement (with ultrasound confirmation in one lipoma) after an average of 2.2 treatments. Several lipomas fragmented or became softer in addition to decreasing in volume. Adverse effects, including transient burning, erythema, and local swelling, were associated with higher deoxycholate concentrations but resolved without intervention. There was no clear association between deoxycholate concentration and efficacy. CONCLUSIONS: Our clinical experience supports our laboratory investigations demonstrating that deoxycholate, rather than phosphatidylcholine, is the active ingredient in subcutaneously injected formulas used to treat adipose tissue. This small series suggests that low concentration deoxycholate may be a relatively safe and effective treatment for small collections of fat. However, controlled clinical trials will be necessary to substantiate these observations.

1: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Apr;89(4):1869-78. Links
    Estrogen controls lipolysis by up-regulating alpha2A-adrenergic receptors directly in human adipose tissue through the estrogen receptor alpha. Implications for the female fat distribution.Pedersen SB, Kristensen K, Hermann PA, Katzenellenbogen JA, Richelsen B.
    Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark. sbp@dadlnet.dk

Estrogen seems to promote and maintain the typical female type of fat distribution that is characterized by accumulation of adipose tissue, especially in the sc fat depot, with only modest accumulation of adipose tissue intraabdominally. However, it is completely unknown how estrogen controls the fat accumulation. We studied the effects of estradiol in vivo and in vitro on human adipose tissue metabolism and found that estradiol directly increases the number of antilipolytic alpha2A-adrenergic receptors in sc adipocytes. The increased number of alpha2A-adrenergic receptors caused an attenuated lipolytic response of epinephrine in sc adipocytes; in contrast, no effect of estrogen on alpha2A-adrenergic receptor mRNA expression was observed in adipocytes from the intraabdominal fat depot. These findings show that estrogen lowers the lipolytic response in sc fat depot by increasing the number of antilipolytic alpha2A-adrenergic receptors, whereas estrogen seems not to affect lipolysis in adipocytes from the intraabdominal fat depot. Using estrogen receptor subtype-specific ligands, we found that this effect of estrogen was caused through the estrogen receptor subtype alpha. These findings demonstrate that estrogen attenuates the lipolytic response through up-regulation of the number of antilipolytic alpha2A-adrenergic receptors only in sc and not in visceral fat depots. Thus, our findings offer an explanation how estrogen maintains the typical female sc fat distribution because estrogen seems to inhibit lipolysis only in sc depots and thereby shifts the assimilation of fat from intraabdominal depots to sc depots.

Originally Posted by fleshmachine View Post
    Concentrate more on bodyfat% than your weight.

Your friend is full of it. You can get fat by eating 200 oranges per day.

2 meals a day will never help you lose weight, you need to graze with 4-6 well-portioned meals per day like superboy said.

Do cardio as well. Burning calories with cardio in addition to a moderate calorie deficit will produce results if you stick to it.

all very good points

majin_00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Im new here,

Im a personal trainer by proffesion and a competing powerlifter.

I would reccomend the following

for a 16 year old:

Fix up your diet. For a youngster its not hard...reduce carbs increase fruit and veg. keep it that simple for now. At 16 you havnt stopped growing. So u can burn fat a lot easier.

At 16 I would reccomend staying away from the gym and concentrating on body weight excersises like pushups,dips, chin ups biscep curls.
    Then maybe doing some dumbellls at home for 1 year when your 17 or 18 then hitting the gym at 18...

Try to take up a sport where u have to do a lot of short sprints like tennis or basketball.

Im 24. My chest looked like yours when I was 16. I took up weights at 18..It took me 4-5 years to fix the problem...trust me loose fat first. Taking up weights will naturally increase ur appetite and make u eat more fatty foods at your young age.

Also you should go to the doctor...make sure the problem isnt something to do with a gland problem.

teenage gyno often resolves, though nipple puffyness resulting from it often does not. Also pectoral feminization, disproportionate fatty storage, can remain.

I totally agree that weight training and dieting to build muscle and lose fat are steps in the right direction. However when it comes to puffy nipples, glandular expansion and pectoral feminization most people will require more.

american fatness, actually first world fatness, prior to and during puberty has made this a more prevalent and lasting issue.

fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kraftydog View Post
    teenage gyno often resolves, though nipple puffyness resulting from it often does not. Also pectoral feminization, disproportionate fatty storage, can remain.

I totally agree that weight training and dieting to build muscle and lose fat are steps in the right direction. However when it comes to puffy nipples, glandular expansion and pectoral feminization most people will require more.

american fatness, actually first world fatness, prior to and during puberty has made this a more prevalent and lasting issue.
    ...and more prevalent and lasting tissue.

[/pun]
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:
    (bodyfat & LBM estimate from self-caliper)
    06-12: 220lbs.
    07-16: 213lbs.
    08-05: 209lbs.
    08-20: 206lbs.
    09-10: 202lbs.
    09-19: 200lbs.

heavy lifting hiatus:
    inguinal hernia: repaired!!!
    ***fcuk this hurts tho! In recovery for about a month**
    (curling 15 in bed on vicodin lol)

fresh_game has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fresh_game has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fresh_game has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

you might...

Well since spot training won't do it for you... you will have to transform your entire body, or live with it. And since you're in here. I doubt you want to live with it lol. So reduced calorie diet, and a good lifting program should send you in the right direction. And as far as the six pack.... you'll have to get your body fat % down below 10% (most people anyways, guess it depends on your body type) you can do situps all day long your abs will never get defined enough to peak through 2 inches of blubber
    "PERSONALITY IS BORN OUT OF PAIN"

Originally Posted by fleshmachine View Post
    ...and more prevalent and lasting tissue.

[/pun]

lol