Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

how the hell do you get the dumbbells in position for db decline bench?

my gym has little stands for dumbbells that are set up by the decline bench. they are adjustable and you can move them around but they are angled and awkward. ive had to have somebody help me get each one off the rack one at a time and wait with one on my chest while the other is pulled off beforfe i start. theres gotta be a better way
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

www.525.com - rock radio trevman's Avatar
    trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trevman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    pick em up, and lie backwards with them, works for me
    "Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become."

harder stronger faster losercore's Avatar
    losercore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    set them on your thighs as your sitting up, then lay down, and let them fall into place
    "No not at all, so that was what 250-260 grams protein, if you weigh 125 lbs its perfect, you want to move up in muscle mass, you need to increase it big time."
    - in-human

view my journal here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321498

Height : 5'10 1/2"

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    On thighs, and when you're ready, "kick" your legs up to give some momentum to em.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hmm, i'll try it, still seems pretty cumbersome though

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have my workout partner hand them up to me after I get into position. It would be a huge pain in the butt if I had to do the 125s by myself. I have a feeling I would hurt myself.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ditto
    My photos:

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=108182[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=108190[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148065[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=193536[/url]

PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I haven't done DB declines myself, but on the fairly infrequent occasions I've seen people at the gm doing them, they get assistance from another person in getting the DB's positioned.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    buy some powerhooks

Originally Posted by Melkor
    I have my workout partner hand them up to me after I get into position. It would be a huge pain in the butt if I had to do the 125s by myself. I have a feeling I would hurt myself.
    weenie, i've done 140s w/o any help
    <->

FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    buy some powerhooks

weenie, i've done 140s w/o any help
    140 without any help????

It's very hard for a natural bodybuilder to do that...
    I mean, some pro's aren't able to do that by themselves
    My photos:

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FranzLiszt
    140 without any help????

It's very hard for a natural bodybuilder to do that...
    I mean, some pro's aren't able to do that by themselves
    i didn't say how many reps though

it's not very hard to 'deadlift' the dbs into position and flip them up.
    <->

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i prefer getting db's into position on my own. whether it be incline,flat,decline, shoulder press.

i like progressing at it i guess specially on shoulder press.

Originally Posted by $AJ
    i didn't say how many reps though

it's not very hard to 'deadlift' the dbs into position and flip them up.
    Either way, the first rep without help would be very very very hard...
    140pds it's 64kgs...
    How many reps do you do?
    Last edited by FranzLiszt; 10-24-2004 at 07:46 PM.
    My photos:

Originally Posted by FranzLiszt
    Either way, the first rep without help would be very very very hard...
    140pds it's 64kgs...
    How many reps do you do?
    not really, i find i have a lot of explosive strength out-of-the hole when benching; i have a bitch of a time w/ barbell because it's always the unracking and initial stabiliziation that wastes too much of my strength. starting out of the hole i'm a lot stronger.
    <->

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If my stupid Gold's would ever get the weights they ordered out on the floor for me I would be pressing the 140s. I do four sets with the 125s, ending with 11 reps last time. They ordered the 130s, 135s, and 140s, but when they got here they transferred them to another gym in the area and reordered the ones for my gym. I was so pissed.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by trevman
    pick em up, and lie backwards with them, works for me
    exactly what I do...

ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If my stupid Gold's would ever get the weights they ordered out on the floor for me I would be pressing the 140s. I do four sets with the 125s, ending with 11 reps last time. They ordered the 130s, 135s, and 140s, but when they got here they transferred them to another gym in the area and reordered the ones for my gym. I was so pissed.
    That sucks out loud....my stoopid gym stops at 100lbs.

Apparently they are having a renovation and expansion in the near future....perhaps your DBs might turn up here?? Lol....

They keep promising they're going to have them up to 150s soon, but then they go and do something stupid like that.

-Nietzsche

They keep promising they're going to have them up to 150s soon, but then they go and do something stupid like that.
    train at home!
    <->

I'm not rich yet and don't have a huge home gym. When I finish my accounting degree and get a good job making tons of money you can bet your ass I will have a huge gym complete with dumbells up to 400 pounds...

-Nietzsche

I'm not rich yet and don't have a huge home gym. When I finish my accounting degree and get a good job making tons of money you can bet your ass I will have a huge gym complete with dumbells up to 400 pounds...
    that makes me feel so weak....mine only go up to 240
    <->

arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arokysone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im sure some nice guy would hand them to you if you asked...

london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i personally need help, but my partner put them where your legs hook.
    Then he lies back with them and let them fall into position, then realigns his legs just a bit, minor adjustment.

I still cant do it, my biceps/shoulders arent strong enough.
    Gets really hard when ur doing 4-6 reps and your using heavy weights.

chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have this problem with incline dumbbell press. It is kind of tricky, I have to sit down and set the dumbbells on my knees then in one swift motion lean back and use momentum to push em up.

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Steveo31
    On thighs, and when you're ready, "kick" your legs up to give some momentum to em.
    Doh... I thought this thread was on incline.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

btw, if u guys think benching is hard, try doing floor db pressing.....without powerhooks or a spotter, it's near impossible to get 100+s into posiiton.
    <->

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Do what I do. Grab a loaded barbell in each hand. Make sure to use collars.

Originally Posted by $AJ
    btw, if u guys think benching is hard, try doing floor db pressing.....without powerhooks or a spotter, it's near impossible to get 100+s into posiiton.
    Why would you do it on the floor?
    My photos:

to work on the latter part of your movement. Like a floor press or a board press, but with dumbbells i'd imagine

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is exactly the reason I dont do decline DB anymore, Id have to use too heavy dumbells, and it would be a pain in the ass to get them set, and avoid ripping my shoulder out of joint when Im done....the reward isnt worth the stress in my opinion, stick to flat, incline and dips...bitches....
    "Man up"