marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is it possible to train deadlift and squat in the same routine?

Well, after a muscle strain in my back I finally got back to back squatting on monday and was happy since my squat went up a good 30 pounds after all the leg work I had been doing aside from back squatting (deadlifts, GHR, front squat blah blah). (who knows why a erector spinae strain causes me pain back squatting but not front squatting/deadlifting lol)

I had changed my routine around alot and could handle the volume well assuming I got adequete sleep and stuffed my face enough by doing something like this: Monday/Tuesday: Front squat/power clean/Romanian DL, Wednesday/Thursday: Bench/Lat pulldown/pull-ups/Incline bench/Dips Saturday: Deadlift, Bent over row (wider grip to hit trap3/4/rhomboids as opposed to lats), and GHR.

Unfortunatley, doing back squats again my hamstrings and almost my entire body is getting hit bad on both Monday and Saturday and I don't think I'm going to have time to recover anymore using this routine. It crossed my mind but I never thought much of it till today when I deadlifted, felt extremely tired/weak, I added 5 lbs to my deadlift but I really don't think my body can handle the volume/intensity anymore (today was the first time I ever yawned during a workout after getting 9 hours straight of undisturbed sleep)

My routine is already going to be completely changed in 2 weeks since football practice/season ends and I may be able to handle the volume without all the conditioning etc, but I'm really not sure what kind of routine I will be on after that since we have to use our coaches routines (thankfully my coach is semi compitent and what he doesn't put in I do on my own)

What I'm curious about here is: Is it possible in anyway with any routine for a person to train both deadlift and squat in the same routine? I love deadlifting and love squatting but right now it just seems like I'm not going to be able to fit them both into my routine without completely overtraining myself and having everything go to hell :P

(I keep the volume as low as I can on all exercises training with 3 sets of 3-5 and never go to failure on deadlift or squat only bench occasionally)

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    most people do....

if they bother you that much altnerate weeks, eg: heavy squat one week, with a light dead or rack pull, then alternate

2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know of Powerlifters who Squat and Dead on the same day. Just cut down on some of the assistance afterwards. I would also hit two weeks heavy and one light, to let the back fully recover and keep progressing.

Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pridg01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2THICK
    I know of Powerlifters who Squat and Dead on the same day. Just cut down on some of the assistance afterwards. I would also hit two weeks heavy and one light, to let the back fully recover and keep progressing.
    good post.
    [url]www.bodybuilding-fitness.de[/url]

Bavarian Iron

It does not amaze me that I won. It amazes me that I won effortlessly.

DONT PM ME. ASK IN THREAD(UNLESS IMPORTANT)

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks guys, this is my last week of football practice and I'm susposed to squat tommorow, I will since deads didnt really hit my quads to me and I'm front squatting but gonna hold back some since I'm feeling rather sore today