Thread: Newbie HELP!!!

ASH1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie HELP!!!

Im totally lost with all the suppliments out there and need sum real advice please
    I am 21 years old, just under 6 foot and I have never got much over 10stone in weight.....
    Im strong but I dnt have the classic muscle look and I would like to change that.
    I spoke to a dietitian friend of mine and all she would say was avoid suppliments full stop and that I would just have to live with being lean for the rest of my life..... I dnt think thats right do you?
    What I would like to know is what should I be using along with my free weights workouts and also any other advice you can give me please
    I dont know were else or what else to try....

Thanks

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ASH1982
    Im totally lost with all the suppliments out there and need sum real advice please
    I am 21 years old, just under 6 foot and I have never got much over 10stone in weight.....
    Im strong but I dnt have the classic muscle look and I would like to change that.
    I spoke to a dietitian friend of mine and all she would say was avoid suppliments full stop and that I would just have to live with being lean for the rest of my life..... I dnt think thats right do you?
    What I would like to know is what should I be using along with my free weights workouts and also any other advice you can give me please
    I dont know were else or what else to try....

Thanks
    I don't know if you've done it yet, but the BEST thing you can do is get the best diet and workout regimine possible. Supplements should pretty much come in last. However, I will say that the best supplements to look would, in my opinion, be whey protein for post-workout, creatine (obviously), and a multivitamin. You really don't NEED supplements but they can help. However, what supplements will not do is compensate for a ****ty diet or bad workout habits.
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

I dnt think there is anything wrong with my diet.... it seems well rounded and balanced....
    As for working out its about an hour everyday with free weights

PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ASH1982
    I dnt think there is anything wrong with my diet.... it seems well rounded and balanced....
    As for working out its about an hour everyday with free weights
    If you're not getting bigger, your diet is probably lacking. To get bigger, it's simple...you eat more calories than you expend in a day. If you eat clean calories, most of this weight gain will be muscle.

To be all so cliché...u gotta eat big & lift big to get big.

Supps are the last thing to round out your plan. First, attitude. Second, diet. Third, routine. Fourth, supps.

An hour everyday on your weight training is most likely overtraining. Your routine prolly isn't any better than your diet.

Read the stickies here, ask around...you'll get something going and you'll be growing into superman in no time. Welcome abord, bro.
    ============================
    ----I wanna be SUPER HERO BIG!----
    ============================

BODYBUILDING'S TOP FIVE FACTORS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE

1) Attitude - Think big to become big.
    2) Nutrition - You can't build anything without raw materials.
    3) Routine - Work hard, but smart.
    4) Recovery - Muscles grow in bed, not in the gym.
    5) Supplementation - Icing on the cake.

thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PsYoP78
    If you're not getting bigger, your diet is probably lacking. To get bigger, it's simple...you eat more calories than you expend in a day. If you eat clean calories, most of this weight gain will be muscle.

To be all so cliché...u gotta eat big & lift big to get big.

Supps are the last thing to round out your plan. First, attitude. Second, diet. Third, routine. Fourth, supps.

An hour everyday on your weight training is most likely overtraining. Your routine prolly isn't any better than your diet.

Read the stickies here, ask around...you'll get something going and you'll be growing into superman in no time. Welcome abord, bro.
    agreed....and for anyone on my side of the pond, 10 stone = ~140lbs

stay out of the supplement forum (no offense) and get over to the nutrition forum and do some homework. gotta get the basics down before you decide to go pharmaceutical.

Ok thanks peeps will try that