Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dex during a work out?

How do you guys feel about taking dextrose during your workout? Before my shoulder surger I was using Ultra Fuel during my workouts and then slam a protein shake when I got home. It seems to keep my energy up during the workout and I'm not as tired at the end. So now that my shoulder is getting better and I'm going to try and get back in the gym, whats your take on this. Any negatives anyone can bring to light?

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    unless your workout is over 2hours long, its generally useless

get a good pre-workout meal and that should last you

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by taffer
    unless your workout is over 2hours long, its generally useless

get a good pre-workout meal and that should last you
    I agree with taffer here, if you are taking in an adequate amount of preworkout calories that are complex carbohydrates, your energy levels shouldn't dip to far down. You should keep your dextrose for utilization at the end of the workout.
    Unaffiliated.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No need to take in anything during your workout go with water, inless u are running a marathon, and if u lift for 2 hours its prob doing u more harm then good
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Makavelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dextrose During Workout

Save it for after, along with an ample dose of whey.

Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ron_Jeremy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to have to disagree with you guy on this. I have gone back to just drinking water during workouts since this thread was started and I have noticed the same effect of being a little fatigued towards the end of the workout. Last night I put two scoops of ultra fuel in my water and bam, energy to spare at the end of the workout. I don't use the typical dosage taken post workout, just about half. I'm not trying to say any research in this area is wrong or that everyone should do this, but it works for me, so I'm just suggesting you all try it.

massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how long are you workouts and what/when are you eating before them? IMO, if you're running out of fuel during your workouts, something is afoot.
    "Pavel calls the idea of training yourself in isolated pieces "Frankenstein training" and I don't think I can come up with a better term. The body is one piece." Dan John

Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speed Demon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ron_Jeremy
    I'm going to have to disagree with you guy on this. I have gone back to just drinking water during workouts since this thread was started and I have noticed the same effect of being a little fatigued towards the end of the workout. Last night I put two scoops of ultra fuel in my water and bam, energy to spare at the end of the workout. I don't use the typical dosage taken post workout, just about half. I'm not trying to say any research in this area is wrong or that everyone should do this, but it works for me, so I'm just suggesting you all try it.
    Sounds like the placebo effect to me. I really can't say as I dont supplement with dextrose at all and never have, but would it be absorbed/the energy utilized that quickly? I mean you feel tired during the workout, drink a little dex and BAM! you're good to go some more? Doesn't sound right to me. like some others have said, I'd look into your pre workout nutrition a little. Just my thoughts.
    "Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life"
    -Timothy A. Breen

"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because deep down, she knows she's dating a pussy."
    -General Tommy Franks

The harder you work the harder it is to surrender.
    -Vince Lombardi

My work outs are always under 1 hour. I'm not saying that I get instant engery once I gulp it. I start sipping it at the beggining of the workout and keep drinking throughout. It is possible for it to kick in after about 30-40 min. It's a simple sugar and in liquid form the uptake is even faster. Correct me if I'm wrong here. My pre workout nutrition may require some looking into. I'm will experiment with that. At present I try to take in some complex carb sources about 1.5 - 1 hour before I lift, with a small amount of protien. Any comments on the nutrition?
    Last edited by Ron_Jeremy; 10-22-2004 at 09:53 AM.