Hafter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tendonitis won't go away....surgery????

Ok so its been over 5 months now and the tendonitis in my wrist and forearm has not left. I have tried ibuprofen, sodium naproxen, glucosamine/chondrotin/msm, ice, heat, stretching, physical therapy, ultrasound, lightweight lifting, rest rest and more rest!!!

It's still there, and im starting to get annoyed...

Is surgery my only option? Do you guys know anything about the surgical procedures involved with tendonitis? How successful are they? After surgery would one be able to go back to lifting normally (heavy, good form of course) ?

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hafter
    Ok so its been over 5 months now and the tendonitis in my wrist and forearm has not left. I have tried ibuprofen, sodium naproxen, glucosamine/chondrotin/msm, ice, heat, stretching, physical therapy, ultrasound, lightweight lifting, rest rest and more rest!!!

It's still there, and im starting to get annoyed...

Is surgery my only option? Do you guys know anything about the surgical procedures involved with tendonitis? How successful are they? After surgery would one be able to go back to lifting normally (heavy, good form of course) ?
    http://www.ruggedmag.com/forums/inde...showtopic=6344
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    have you tried wrapping the affected areas?
    <->

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ice it and heat it. Wrap it when you're using your wrists and if all that doesn't help docter. And watch out for carpal tunnel syndrome, i was diagnosed with tendonitis but it turned out to be carpal tunnel.

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here is an idea....check with a doctor.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

I have checked with a doctor and the only thing he can do is refer me to a therapist, and like I said ive done thearpy, a months worth. Since its been 5 months Im just thinking of other options.

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT SURGERY FOR TENDONITIS? (see original post)

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not an expert but I wouldn't think that surgery is the answer especially if no one has found the cause of your tendonitis yet.

I've been dealing with tendonitis in my shoulder since April and I've been doing physio since August. I'm making progress but it's slow going. Connective tissue is notorious for how long it takes to heal.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have checked with a doctor and the only thing he can do is refer me to a therapist, and like I said ive done thearpy, a months worth. Since its been 5 months Im just thinking of other options.

Originally Posted by $AJ
    have you tried wrapping the affected areas?
    <->

miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miltoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    ahh, "^^^" was getting to be too much, huh?

Originally Posted by miltoney
    ahh, "^^^" was getting to be too much, huh?

^^^

<->

yes i have, sry for not responding to ur post earlier, like today i wrapped with tape, and I have gloves with wrist wraps. Did bis tris today, it hurts randomly, it just feels unstable cause of the nagging slight pain...
    As far as surgery, I just always hear about ball players getting surgery to fix their tendonitis in the off season so I thought there were procedures....anyone?

yes i have, sry for not responding to ur post earlier, like today i wrapped with tape, and I have gloves with wrist wraps. Did bis tris today, it hurts randomly, it just feels unstable cause of the nagging slight pain...
    As far as surgery, I just always hear about ball players getting surgery to fix their tendonitis in the off season so I thought there were procedures....anyone? (im just getting a feel of what my options are)

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i had some tendonitis but i found out reducing the reps for a month helped (from 10 to 7).

surgery can work, but can also bring up a lot of problems later on. myself, if it were bad and wasn't getting better, i'd seriously consider stopping lifting.

health > *
    <->

It's not "bad" its just nagging.
    When I lift, if I tape and uses wrist wraps, I can do light to medium weight. I can't bench at all due to pressure on my wrists. I have put off lifting for 4 months I'd say.

So again, its a slight pain the hinders me, but doesn't completly prevent me from being able to lift.

Doesn't working out, as long as it doesnt cause pain, help tendonitis?

What is the usual heal time for nagging tendonitis?

no definite answer - weeks, months, others may never go away. really depend on your body and luck.
    <->

gdbear65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    accupuncture is effective for treating tendonitis

Originally Posted by gdbear65
    accupuncture is effective for treating tendonitis
    i have no idea how people can do accupuncture. i had it done when i tore my forearm because it supposedly helped it heal better, but man, I was just shaking as the needles went into me :/
    <->

_BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) _BigJoe_ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    i have no idea how people can do accupuncture. i had it done when i tore my forearm because it supposedly helped it heal better, but man, I was just shaking as the needles went into me :/

Gee my six year old has the same problem when he gets a shot.

Originally Posted by _BigJoe_
    Gee my six year old has the same problem when he gets a shot.
    <->