fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not In Keto After 3 Days

OK, so I've been taking in <25g carbs (other than carbs from dietary fiber) per day.

I bought some KetoStix today, and I really thought I would be there. I do show a very mild result, although.. I was hoping for more. I might be doing something wrong. Hell, perhaps I'm just being too impatient (which I'm known to do).

I suppose my question would be this:

How long does it take you to reach ketosis?

Thanks!
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:
    (bodyfat & LBM estimate from self-caliper)
    06-12: 220lbs.
    07-16: 213lbs.
    08-05: 209lbs.
    08-20: 206lbs.
    09-10: 202lbs.
    09-19: 200lbs.

heavy lifting hiatus:
    inguinal hernia: repaired!!!
    ***fcuk this hurts tho! In recovery for about a month**
    (curling 15 in bed on vicodin lol)

jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are showing 'mild' result as you put it, then you should be in Keto. Try taking the measurement, first thing in the morning.

Sticks are (I have been told) not very reliable and as it is they measure the excess Ketones in your body, factor in good hydration and you get a 'mild' result. Thats why you should try measuring in the morning.

fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jhj View Post
    If you are showing 'mild' result as you put it, then you should be in Keto. Try taking the measurement, first thing in the morning.

Sticks are (I have been told) not very reliable and as it is they measure the excess Ketones in your body, factor in good hydration and you get a 'mild' result. Thats why you should try measuring in the morning.
    Ah - I thought timing could be a factor but couldn't find anything about it in the instructions. Thanks!
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:

heavy lifting hiatus:

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fleshmachine View Post
    I suppose my question would be this:

How long does it take you to reach ketosis?

Thanks!
    I dunno...I'll let you know when I get there. I am only 2 days into my keto diet.

I have read on here that your first time getting to ketosis is usually longer than subsequent attempts. I am not sure why...other than your body learning a new trick...and once learned...it becomes easier in the future.

EDIT:

OK, I am in ketosis. I pissed on the stick and got the second stage of purple...15mg/dL. So it took me two days to get into ketosis. This is encouraging. I think tonight's workout is what put me into ketosis. I started to feel weaker and weaker as the night progressed. After lifting, I did about 7 minutes on the Precor, and jogged for about 10 minutes...I had to stop jogging because I just did not feel like it anymore. I probably burned off my last bit of glycogen during my workout tonight.
    Last edited by pickitup; 07-02-2007 at 09:33 PM.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If it shows mild, you are in. You do not want it to show deep purple. That indicates you are dehydrated or are consuming too many calories and can't utilize all the energy that's being converted into ketones.

drivefast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never use the sticks I just look for results in the mirror and the scale as well. As long as your diet is in check don't get so caught up with the sticks. Your carbs seem low enough how much fat and protein are you eating?

By the way your back piece is SICK !!!!!
    Last edited by drivefast; 07-03-2007 at 06:16 AM.

Originally Posted by drivefast View Post
    I never use the sticks I just look for results in the mirror and the scale as well. As long as your diet is in check don't get so caught up with the sticks. Your carbs seem low enough how much fat and protein are you eating?

By the way your back piece is SICK !!!!!

Thanks!

I'm gettin' >100g of fats (about 40% saturated, the rest are EFAs from avocadoes, olive oil, flax) and I take in about 170g of protein (1g/lb of LBM) mostly from tuna, chicken breast. I do have a post-workout shake made of 1/2 milk, 1/2 water, 1tbsp flax + raw egg. It seems to be working so far, I definitely feel different!
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:

heavy lifting hiatus:

jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fleshmachine View Post
    Thanks!

I do have a post-workout shake made of 1/2 milk, 1/2 water, 1tbsp flax + raw egg.
    I thought that there should be no fat in the PWO shake, only protein and carbs....someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    FYI: I am still a newb

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're right, no fat.

And ditch the milk, eat a couple gummy worms if you need sugar (because they are dextrose).
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Hey thanks guys for catchin' my goof, so NO fat in the PWO shake - check!
    Damnit... I already had some cheese tonight PWO... Well now I know better for tomorrow.

How many carbs should I be taking in after a workout? I'm still gettin' the hang of Keto here, I appreciate your advice.
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:

heavy lifting hiatus:

I was told to start off with 15g of Dextrose
    FYI: I am still a newb

Oh HELL yeah

15mg/dL!

small victories, small victories...
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:

heavy lifting hiatus:

skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    If it shows mild, you are in. You do not want it to show deep purple. That indicates you are dehydrated or are consuming too many calories and can't utilize all the energy that's being converted into ketones.
    This theory cannot be correct, as I am drinking 2.5 gallons of water a day, crystal clear urine, and only consuming 2200 calories and my sticks show dark purple. Granted, the majority of the time it's due to dehydrattion, but not always

Yeah man i donno what's up with me, I seem to have had a tough time getting into ketosis. Seriously, not eating carbs AT ALL! Perhaps it's due to starting after a bulk (60/20/20 carbs/protein/fat) but not sure.

I'm just happy that the damn stick turned pink
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:

heavy lifting hiatus:

roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i took a break from keto for 2 weeks, im on my 3 day of my diet and i can tell i am into keto because im foggy in the brain and im wicked tired. also my urine i noticed is kind of bubbly (sorry) and when im not in keto, its not bubbly?any one else notice that?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=125867701&posted=1#post125867701

Tight Curves product review

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=127158341#post127158341
    work out journal

Originally Posted by roxy42277 View Post
    i took a break from keto for 2 weeks, im on my 3 day of my diet and i can tell i am into keto because im foggy in the brain and im wicked tired. also my urine i noticed is kind of bubbly (sorry) and when im not in keto, its not bubbly?any one else notice that?
    I notice mine get's darker than usual despite being hydrated.

No doubt I got real foggy too - which makes me think that, like someone previously said, that just because you aren't measuring purple on a keto stick doesn't mean you aren't in ketosis.
    Bulked to 220 / 21.3% BF

Cutting:

heavy lifting hiatus: