Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Replacing bread with oats...

I usually have a PB sandwich once a day, the bread is actually pretty good, 2 slices is 240cals, 11g protein, and 41 carbs. But its bread and I would like to get off it. How much rolled oats would you guys suggest I should have with 1 tbsp of natty pb. I already eat 1 cup with my whey, and how could I mix it with the oats easily, melt it more in the microwave and pour it over the oats?

Just curious really, thanks in advance.
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120830451

April 2004 - 270lbs 40% bodyfat
    Now - 207lbs 12% bodyfat
    Goal - 205lbs <10%

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know one cup dry is like ~290 kcal. Usually in the morning I just eat the pb off the spoon instead of adding it to the oats lol, but if I was gonna add it I stir it in after the oats is cooked then microwave it for a few seconds just to make it melt a little more.
    Last edited by Steve_W; 10-18-2004 at 02:01 AM.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When i was adding pb to my oats everyday, I would take the oats out of the microwave about 45 seconds before finishing, and drop the tablespoon of pb in there, i'd then put the oats back in the microwave and let it finish, stirring it all together after the cooking was done.
    Unaffiliated.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you kidding, bread is bad?

What kinda bread are you eating?

bigamit007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigamit007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigamit007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigamit007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bread is very very bad, unless you body is not affect by it since every body typs is different.. but generally oats are way better than bread
    float like a butterfly
    sting like a bee

Upstart insurgent Nonstopdrivel's Avatar
    Nonstopdrivel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigamit007
    bread is very very bad, unless you body is not affect by it since every body typs is different.. but generally oats are way better than bread
    White bread is definitely bad for you -- empty calories -- but wholegrain breads are not bad for you. You have to make the distinction. Wholegrain breads have most of the nutrients naturally present in the grain; white breads are devitalized, devoid of nutrition.

Realistically, quick oats, which have had the crap steamed out of them, are not much healthier than white bread. Whole-oat products are a much better alternative.

It's like the difference between a real girl and a blowup doll.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- Albert Einstein

Anticatabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good choice to replace the bread, Clipse.

3/4 cup of rolled oats would be about 40.5 G carbs and 7.5 G protein, so that comes pretty close to your numbers for your bread.

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you still want bread try Natural Ovens Origonal Carb Conscious Bread.

60 Calories
    7 Grams of protein
    7 Grams of carbs
    4 Grams of fiber
    3 Grams of fat (they throw in some flax seed)

Its really good. The only problems that i have w\it is:
    1. Cost $5 per loaf=17 slices
    2. Must be frozen other wise you get mold in like 3 days

I like to dip the bread in egg whites and have french toast.

ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To make a blanket statement as in "bread is bad" is very narrow minded. Not all bread is bad. Go for a "living" bread as in Eziekal or a good whole wheat that hasn't been overly processed or had a lot of preservatives added. And even if you are eating a so called "bad bread", one or two slices a day will not kill you or your fat loss goals IMO.
    Aug 1 - Nov 1 Comp:
    8-1: xxx.x | 8-8: xxx.x | 8-15: xxx.x | 8-22: xxx.x | 8-29: xxx.x | Month Total:
    9-5: xxx.x | 9-12: xxx.x | 9-19: xxx.x | 9-26: xxx.x | Month Total:
    10-3: xxx.x | 10-10: xxx.x | 10-17: xxx.x | 10-24: xxx.x | 10-31 xxx.x | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 11-1: (Goal: 210 lbs)

Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clipse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just want to get off it completely, I think the results may be better by getting off.

Now - 207lbs 12% bodyfat
    Goal - 205lbs <10%

Talking

Originally Posted by Coulaid
    If you still want bread try Natural Ovens Origonal Carb Conscious Bread.

60 Calories
    7 Grams of protein
    7 Grams of carbs
    4 Grams of fiber
    3 Grams of fat (they throw in some flax seed)

Its really good. The only problems that i have w\it is:
    1. Cost $5 per loaf=17 slices
    2. Must be frozen other wise you get mold in like 3 days

I like to dip the bread in egg whites and have french toast.
    All Natural Ovens breads are awesome. So nutritious and flavorful at the same time. The only problem with them is they're overpriced, though not all of their flavors are $5.00/loaf; some run as low as $2.50/loaf.

Whole-grain breads are high in fiber; thus your actual absorption of simple ("fattening") carbohydrate is reduced. By contrast, there is little complex carbohydrate in white bread, so from your body's standpoint, a slice of white bread is about the same as a lump of white sugar. White flour has a very high glycemic index.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- Albert Einstein

hey guys, what do you think of this...I'll just have 2 of the same meals, this is what I eat now
    3/4c fiber one+milk+apple
    1c. oats+whey+apple
    2pieces bread+PB+carrots - replace with 3/4c. oats+whey+1tbsp. PB
    dinner
    cc at night.

So basically I get rid of the bread, keep the PB and add in oats and whey?

Now - 207lbs 12% bodyfat
    Goal - 205lbs <10%

bump anyone?

Now - 207lbs 12% bodyfat
    Goal - 205lbs <10%

Originally Posted by Clipse
    bump anyone?
    What is a bump anyhow? A way to get your thread to the top of the forums list? I see it in all the bodybuilding forums online.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Clipse, I wouldn't really worry about replacing the bread but if you really want to then have the oats instead. If I'm at home I'll always have oats but when I'm on the go you can't exactly take a bowl of oats with you lol, so I just use bread.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey clipse, sorry not a response to your oat question, but unless you are taking in some good cold water fish every night for dinner or throwing down some flax/fish oil caps at dinner, your EFA content is way to low...might want to look into adding some healthy fats in there somewhere.
    Unaffiliated.