Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000)

Glutamine AND empty-stomach?

Why is it recommended on most glutamine supplement bottles to take on an empty-stomach? What is the logic to taking glutamine on an empty-stomach? I assume quicker absorption, but wouldn't taking it with a high-GI/protein post workout shake still allow for optimal absorption? I think I am being rhetorical, but I'd just like some sort of assurance from others..
    Ivan
    "Let the past go, so you can grow"

"To be so prepared and conditioned that even on my worst day, I'm still going to win"

"Muscle quality looks more impressive than muscle quantity"

tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ivan25 View Post
    Why is it recommended on most glutamine supplement bottles to take on an empty-stomach? What is the logic to taking glutamine on an empty-stomach? I assume quicker absorption, but wouldn't taking it with a high-GI/protein post workout shake still allow for optimal absorption? I think I am being rhetorical, but I'd just like some sort of assurance from others..
    Ivan

Its to be taken on empty stomach because you are taking that specific amino acid for a specific reason and any other amino with it will fight for the same receptor site. All aminos should be taken on empty stomach EXCEPT BCAAS because they are the ONLY aminos that need insulin to enter the cell. Its to be taken 1/2 prior to your pre workout meal with nothing but water obviously, and at bed.

Why would you take it After you train? Wheres the benefit?

The reason you take glutamine is to prevent muscle breakdown. When glycogen is depleted the body begins to metabolize muscle. Since glutamine is the most abundant amino in the human muscle that is the amino that is attacked first. The THEORY is if you have circulating glutamine at that time the body will use that instead of breaking down muscle to attain it.
    Last edited by tipsta; 07-03-2007 at 05:51 AM.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!

"THE NEXT NATURAL WONDER"

ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashley2212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tipsta - that makes a lot of sense, thank you for that

tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tipsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ashley2212 View Post
    tipsta - that makes a lot of sense, thank you for that
    You are so very welcome PRETTY LADY! : )
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!

"THE NEXT NATURAL WONDER"

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    glutamine only competes for intestinal cell uptake with a few other amino acids... they are transported via system N, unfortunately I forget which other amino acids also use that transporter, most likely ones that have similar charge/mass.

most supplements say to take them on an empty stomach... it's just the default thing to say. I laugh when I see NO supps recommended on an empty stomach, NO is more effective in the presence of insulin.

additionally, when one eats a typical bodybuilding diet... they would never have an empty stomach

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Layne by the way,awesome progress,how many pounds did u put in while staying 10%BF?Dude,amazing,i will definetly use your methods on my new bulk...

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    went from 210 at about 8-9% to 229 at 10-11% on calipers so obviously there is some room for error. But I think the progress is pretty clear. Let's not hijack this thread however; if need be you can always post in my journel.

thanks

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    quick question on this topic...

bcaa requires insulin to enter the cell....

bcaa in itself promotes insulin release... enough to acheive bcaa uptake by the cells? also scivation xtend has glutamine in it. would the bcaa's and glutamine cancel each other out?

creatine... is that ok to take with a meal? or AROUND the same time as workout nutrition (which contains glutamine)

all this debate and all this reading 50% says no 50% says yes..

what to do what to do...
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    quick question on this topic...

bcaa requires insulin to enter the cell....

bcaa in itself promotes insulin release... enough to acheive bcaa uptake by the cells? also scivation xtend has glutamine in it. would the bcaa's and glutamine cancel each other out?

creatine... is that ok to take with a meal? or AROUND the same time as workout nutrition (which contains glutamine)

all this debate and all this reading 50% says no 50% says yes..

what to do what to do...
    BCAA does not require insulin to enter the cell. If you need any proof then you can just look at studies in which leucine was administered along with ****tostatin (abolishes insulin response) and you find that leucine gets in just fine

and creatine in no way shape or form competes with glutamine on any receptor on any cell type. This is nonsense spouted by would be 'trainers & gurus'

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    strong advise quick and to the point... I appreciate it buddy...
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    layne,
    i've been lurking here for a while and watching your episodes over on the main site and i just wanna say you're a beast keep up the good work and intensity.

question: creatine and caffeine? i've read conflicting things about the two. what's your take on it? i don't drink soda ever but i do drink green tea a lot (the caffeinated kind).

there was some evidence that caffiene counter acted creatine's effects but I believe that has been largely debunked

thanks for watching the show

fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks bro ill keep on sippin that green tea then