Power Factor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Bench shirt too tight?

I just recieved my first bench shirt this morning and headed back to the gym to try it out. I didn't push it or anything I just wanted to see if it fit and try it a few times. I warmed up and then just did a couple singles at my Raw max. One of the guys who helped me said he thought the shirt was to tight for me, he's not an expert but knows more about powerlifting than me. The pain was bearable and I knew it would leave cuts and bruises, but I have about 4-5, 3 inch lines of broken blood vessels under each arm. I was wondering if that is to much bruising for a first use? And if that keeps happening after every use could there be any serious damage caused? Thanks.

odin999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds about right from what I have seen. How hard was it to get on?
    Equipment: www.strongmanequipment.com
    Strongman Forum: www.strongmanequipment.com/forum

Don't accuse nature, she fulfilled her task; you must fulfill yours.

Hackenschmidt

Only took about 5 min. or so. I had two friends help me.

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    What the hell is a bench shirt ?!

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dude, you're in the powerlifting section...

a bench shirt is a shirt for benching

you could look at it as kneewraps

it also adds some pounds to you lift

Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    5 minutes with two people helping you...sounds about right.

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ook ,,,
    thank you spike.

Registered User Teen powerliftr's Avatar
    Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bench shirt helps you come out of the botom of the lift

yes it is like knee wraps or elbow wraps just much larger :P

JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JONES has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    THE TIGHTER THE BETTER I HAVE TO PULL 315 TO MY CHEST WHEN I WEAR MY SHIRT

BigBuddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That isn't uncommon to have bad bruising the first time. You won't know if its to small till you have worn it a few times. If you continue to bruise real bad everytime then yes it may be a bit small.
    Don't CHEAT the weight, and CHEAT Yourself!!

Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by JONES
    THE TIGHTER THE BETTER I HAVE TO PULL 315 TO MY CHEST WHEN I WEAR MY SHIRT

Don't agree....
    if you have to pull your regular weight down... bench suit is there to help you... not to be so thight you don't have to do squat (heh, ...).

Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everytime i do a new 1rm on my squat i get bad bruises on my traps

my first lift sqaut: 185 a month later 225 both months my 1rm bruised my trapz bad next lift i get bruises is at 315 then at 385 i get bruises finally my last lift i get bruises at 430

it only happens the first time and never happens agian i guess the human body can adapt to such things rather quickly

I've used the shirt 3 times. Bruised real bad all 3 times. Also it actually tore skin off the back of my triceps the last 2 times. Its real painful to get the bar to my chest no matter how much is on the bar.

Jesus man that don't sound to damn good i would get that resized, its definantly to damn small

Send it back. You got one to small.

come to think of it, what size should you buy a bench shirt and how should it feel?

i heard many buy the shirt 1 or even 2 sizes too small...

Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Dave is a name known to all. (+5000)
    www.americanpowerlifting.com
    it sounds about right for size.. youre concentrating on the cuts, etc because its your first shirt...

2 tests we use here to determine "tightness"

1. hold your arms out and let them drop. if they drop lower than straight out, its loose...

2. that bar just about shouldnt be able to touch your chest until you are close to your contest "opener"...

good luck!

Dave Follansbee
    7-time USPF National Powerlifting Champion
    USA Bodybuilding.com

I agree with what Dave is saying.

But I don't remember Ripping skin or Bruising real bad everytime I wore my firt shirt. I remember it being a pain to get on. After the first few times( and to this day) when I wear one I get rings around the tops of my arms that last for days, and I do get some small bruises under my arms and around my traps.

Dave is right, arms shouldn't be able to fall to your sides or it isn't tight enough.