bradhat21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Type 1 diabetes and supplements

Im 21 and just have be diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, i work out regularly and most of the supplements that i wish to take have warnings for people with diabetes and whatnot. Is there any supplements out there that are safe for people who have diabetes?

Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bradhat21
    Im 21 and just have be diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, i work out regularly and most of the supplements that i wish to take have warnings for people with diabetes and whatnot. Is there any supplements out there that are safe for people who have diabetes?
    I'm not sure if there are any supplements out there that are specifically formulated with people with diabetes, but I do know that one of the biggest dudes I know who used/uses supplements and probably even juice was a diabetic. Now, I'm not saying this is smart. I'm not sure what risks were involved, I just know he had diabetes and was able to supplement at the same time. I'll ask him about it and get back to you on it though. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude tester w/White Blood -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=827721

My Megadosed Cissus Rx + Symmetry X Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=795553

I am NOT a cop.

Dr Leucine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, my advise would be to talk to to your doctor about tis topic. I believe that diet is far more important than supplement, especially in diabetes. Just eat regularly, supplements for Type I diabetes can be more dangerous than for type II diabetes, but supplements like protein powder etc are no problem at all. However, since you are probably injecting insulin , it could be dangerous to use supplements that enhances your insulin sensitivity, and thereby destorying the balance determined by your doctor..

AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

What supplements are you looking into?

What kind of insulin/medication regimen are you on?

Shoot me back a message....

VitaminBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face The Greatest Vitamins In The World

Not to Spam or anything But The Greatest Vitamins In The World contains Gymnema sylvestre which is an amazing herb that is included in our vitamins. Gymnema sylvestre studies show an amazing effect on human blood sugar levels with adult onset diabetics.
    for more information check out this site http://www.dontforgettotakeyourvitam...m/francis47465
    http://pages.ivillage.com/scadesigns/

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A lot of supplements affect the cells sensitivity to insulin or contain foodstuff that could upset your blood sugar level. It is therefor wise to discuss the use of every supplement, prior to using it, with your doctor, or if you have one, dietician. Most supplements can be used safely when they are used in the context of your specific diet. This is however not something you want to leave up to people who don't know your diet and situation. Many doctors will radically oppose supplementation, simply because they have some ubermensch complex after 7 or more years of college, so it is always wisest to get a referral to a dietician, and once you are settled into a good diet that works for you, discuss it with him or her.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in the case of type I diabetics, it is not so much a problem with insulin insensitivity, rather it is your body just doesn't produce insulin. In most cases the physiological amount of insulin needed for type I diabetics to dispose blood glucose is the same as a regular person, in your case you just have to use a needle instead of a pancreas. Perhaps something like Lipoic acid would reduce the amount of you need to inject by increasing the effectiveness of insulin mediated glucose transport, but like CAT said, you'll want to talk to your doc first and have a good few months to years of understanding your blood glucose and how to regulate it, as you no longer have your pancreas to set on autodrive.. you essentially have to take over the role of your own pancreas. The biggest short term danger of Type I, is that you overinject insulin or undereat on sugar as this can cause hypoglycemic shock, so for now, at least until you talk to your doctor I wouldn't take any supplements that affect blood sugar.

-Layne

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Added loss of insulin sensitivity can compound the problem ... so it is a concern nonetheless

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big Cat
    Added loss of insulin sensitivity can compound the problem ... so it is a concern nonetheless
    i agree but this usually happens over a period of time, but it is not the cause of type I, I was merely try to better help him understand the mechanisms. I think we agree on this

It would be a tough case to argue otherwise now wouldn't it ?

just making sure we were both on the same page

VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Talk with your doctor, bring in all your supplements and go over them. Seems like most of the diabetic warnings are CYA to prevent people from thinking that some things are miracle cures.

I *was* a Type 2 diabetic and thanks some hard work and time spent with my doctor I am now off my meds and showing no symptoms.

Proper diet, exercise and supplements all played a role, but I have to say that the large large majority were diet and exercise.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been a type-1 diabetic since I was 2 years old. I started getting into fitness about 2 yeras ago(I'm 18) and my control has never been better. I've been using supplements(whey and creatine) for about 6 months and like I said before, my control and blood suagrs are great. I think the issue could be that some supplements could possibily increase inslulin sensitivity. Good luck and if you have any questions about diabetes just let me know...I'm happy to talk about it.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

balbinitoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic

Last 12/10/2016, I went to my doctor for my follow-up check-up.. quarterly (If everything is okay well maintained). Good for me my average sugar level is from 80-95 only. I'm writing my comment on this of 12/12/2016. I also consulted my doctor about taking supplement for my work-out it's because due to my condition as type 1 diabetic I need to consult my physician, because I'm planning to purchased another product online the Scivation Xtend BCAA Drink - 30 Servings 7g of BCAAs, Supports Muscle Growth, Strength, and Faster Recovery and take note it's "SUGAR FREE and CARBOHYDRATE FREE, Just ZERO Calorie Goodness!, Hydration Inducing Electrolytes. Presently I'm using the Promatrix Mass Advanced Muscle Mass Gainer ( I didn't consult my physician about this) it has 2.5 grams of sugar, Hi-Protein 56 grams, 1,344 calories etc. if you take 370 grams of Mass gainer. Unfortunately the answered of my doctor it's a "BIG NO,NOooo...!" according to her if a lift heavy gym equipment's exerting more strength to lift those stuff's I will compromised my health and my life will be shorten because anytime my heart will trigger heart attack, if I collapsed during my work out either comatose or I'll be buried 6th feet below under the ground and those are the few consequences if I continued my work-out. What do i do now guys?. You know every time I work I felt healthy and most of all I felt normal person like those gym mate of mine.. I forgot I'm not the same like them as normal they are. I LOVE TO GO TO GYM, what do i do now?. In fact I'm planning to create you tube channel dedicated for diabetic person out there who's love to go to gym like me. I've channel now but not for diabetic it's all about motor sports update, If you want to check it out my channel It's MotoSport Update channel. I hope, I can able to contributed some ideas concerning Type 1 diabetic. thank you and God bless us all!