Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "I would say someone who's benching 300 should be squatting around 400 at least and deadlifting more. It depends on how you're built though."

Thanks man! Very good numbers to shoot for, I got a feeling i'm only going to hit 350 in squats, and 400 in the deadlift my first try out, who knows I'll find out this Tuesday. Thanks for giving me realistic goals to set out for. I'm really getting enthusastic about treating this as a sport. That is one sweet jump btw, ****ing kangaroo on roids!

hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hiii98 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

tools of the trade

Heres some pics of my home gym setup, i got a bunch more equiptment in the garage, because some of them are too tall for basement ceiling. See any equiptment lacking that would help?
    Attached Images

350dead lifted, going for 400 now, no injuries and i got movie.

400lbs down. Video to prove it post soon
    Last edited by hiii98; 10-18-2004 at 08:37 PM.

I don't work out, I train xplosiveDL's Avatar
    xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hiii98
    Heres some pics of my home gym setup, i got a bunch more equiptment in the garage, because some of them are too tall for basement ceiling. See any equiptment lacking that would help?
    is that a tanning bed?!? :|
    If a guy is muscular but cant lift worth **** he is nuthing but a cosmetic pussy ,non functional muscle size =pointless silicon implants as far as i `m concerned

-> A-Rod

You want big muscles, girly man? Find big rock. Pick up big rock. Raise big rock overhead. Repeat as neccesary.

-> rent-a-lambo

here yah go http://www.ispdeal.com/vid1bright1.wmv

http://www.ispdeal.com/DSCF0020-2.AVI

thats the orgional one, alittle dark so I lightened it up

nailed it, guess squat is next
    Last edited by hiii98; 10-18-2004 at 09:36 PM.

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    here yah go http://www.ispdeal.com/vid1bright1.wmv

http://www.ispdeal.com/DSCF0020-2.AVI

thats the orgional one, alittle dark so I lightened it up

nailed it, guess squat is next

Nice job! Nice home gym too.
    Here's a goal you should shoot for next. You're a lot closer to hitting it than I am. I was reading Stuart McRobert's Brawn, and he says that to be really considered strong, one should shoot for 300, 400, 500 for bench, squats and deadlifts respectively. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it, but I'm going to try.
    My vids
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nykwan1/videos

500 for deadlift now?? the 300 bench was pretty hard to achieve, and deadlift felt kinda easy.... but i dunno about doing an additional 100 pounds, at least not yet. i know a 400 pound squat would squish me. I think 350 would be achievable. But if those are the numbers from the man, then I guess I have new weight limits to go after. Everyone else agree with those numbers? I dont care to end up with hernia's and torn ligaments for unrealistic goals.

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    McRobert didn't really say how big a guy one has to be to hit those numbers, so it can be less for someone in your weight range. But it's a goal to shoot for anyway - always aim high, right?
    And I had a friend who weighed ~175, and he was able to squat 500lb (although he has no upper body strength). So a 400lb squat might not be that unrealistic for you. And your vid of your 400lb deadlift looked like you had some more in there, so it might be acheivable one day too.

But keep it up. You're tempting me to switch from a bodybuilding routine to more powerlifting oriented just to see what I could do sometime.
    My vids

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice job was that your first time doing deadlifts? If so that is a huge pull. Next you should go for triple bodyweight.

tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SteR-
    AAAAAAAH! THERE'S NO "T" IN BICEP!!!

where do people get this??

but congrats on the lift!
    Unfortunately for you, though, there *is* an "s" in "biceps", and no such word as "bicep". One biceps, many biceps. Singular and plural.

Unfortunately for you, though, there *is* an "s" in "biceps", and no such word as "bicep". One biceps, many biceps. Singular and plural.
    LOL thanks bro!

Yeah I definatly think i found a sport that is more me, than bodybuilding. Powerlifting is alot of fun, and the prospect that you can do this for competition is pretty exciting. To answer another question, yes that was my first time in over a year of doing a dead lift, and I think I did have alittle bit more in me (I was just in shock that I actually got it up however!). I think 450 is a definate possability before perment back problems kick in ;-) . Yeah anyone in the southern Wisconsin/ northern Illinois area that wants to lift or has information on competitions let me know! Thanks for the feedback.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL thanks bro!

Yeah I definatly think i found a sport that is more me, than bodybuilding. Powerlifting is alot of fun, and the prospect that you can do this for competition is pretty exciting. To answer another question, yes that was my first time in over a year of doing a dead lift, and I think I did have alittle bit more in me (I was just in shock that I actually got it up however!). I think 450 is a definate possability before perment back problems kick in ;-) . Yeah anyone in the southern Wisconsin/ northern Illinois area that wants to lift or has information on competitions let me know! Thanks for the feedback.
    Say Ryan,

If you weight just 150 and can bench 300, then you are doing incredibly well. I don't know anyone that can do that. I had a friend though a few years back - he was 17 yrs old, weighed 180 and could bench 365. Yeah, like you, he was a freak

The same guy I think is on something, he is 22 yrs old, weighs 230, and is a champ amateur BBer.

Keep doing what you're doing. Your Bis to me, are big. Just watch out for injuries by warming up well.

Hope you pound the competition.

hiii98,

You inspired me to try deadlifts for the first time ever today. I don't even know if I was doing good form though since I felt like the bar was scraping my shins and banging my kneecaps.
    But I got up to an even 300lb and I think I had a little more, but I was kinda scared to go up higher on my first time. It really tires the lower back out. And I gotta get some plywood on the floor or something for when you set the weights back down.
    I'm right around your size too (5'8", 160lb), so keep on posting your progress every once in awhile so I got someone to evaluate myself against.
    My vids

hiii98,

You inspired me to try deadlifts for the first time ever today.
    I think that is the best compliment I have ever heard someone give me. Hey man I'm here to help, I know what its like being in the 150 pound range and would love to share my own experiences, and advice with you anytime! From what I've heard the fact that the bar scrapped your shins and knees was following good form for building muscle (and scars), not sure about proper compeition form though. Please update me with your own progress, as I typically have been lifting alone, and nice to see how other freinds are progressing.
    Last edited by hiii98; 10-20-2004 at 06:56 PM.
    Powerlifting stats:
    squat: 375 http://www.cheap56k.com/pics/hiii98/DSCF0044.AVI
    bench: 345 (shirt)
    Deadlift: 450 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=163859
    Curl: 180 http://www.cheap56k.com/pics/hiii98/3.avi
    Weight:170
    Height: 5'9"

Pic
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=187127

xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think that is the best compliment I have ever heard someone give me. Hey man I'm here to help, I know what its like being in the 150 pound range and would love to share my own experiences, and advice with you anytime! From what I've heard the fact that the bar scrapped your shins and knees was following good form for building muscle (and scars), not sure about proper compeition form though. Please update me with your own progress, as I typically have been lifting alone, and nice to see how other freinds are progressing.
    I bet if you knew how to deadlift properly you would lift even more. You got a lot of form mistakes in there
    If a guy is muscular but cant lift worth **** he is nuthing but a cosmetic pussy ,non functional muscle size =pointless silicon implants as far as i `m concerned

-> A-Rod

You want big muscles, girly man? Find big rock. Pick up big rock. Raise big rock overhead. Repeat as neccesary.

-> rent-a-lambo

AndrewT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndrewT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndrewT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xplosiveDL
    I bet if you knew how to deadlift properly you would lift even more. You got a lot of form mistakes in there
    So what is the correct form then? I've started doing deadlifts again but to me it never "feels" right? I thought you were supposed to keep the bar as close to your shins and knees as possible...always touching them. Hence why I always end up with bruises on my shins and knees...ouch!! Is this not the correct way to perform the deadlifts?

badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hii

Sup Hii,

Just wanted to address some of your comments and questions hope i can lend any help. BB style of benchpressing is when guys bench using a wider than usual grip and have their elbows flared out so that the angle at the armpit is close to 90 degrees emphasizing pecs and they lower the bar at the middle of the pecs. Good powerlifting bp technique pins the elbows to the sides, archs the back as far as possible, and when the bar is lowered it touches much further down than BB style ( somewhere round the top of the stomach) emphasizing the triceps and anterior delts. To put it lightly, form is everything. BB style is more comfy for lots of folks since they have done that their whole lives but it really robs them of potential.

You're gym looks awesome, but your deadlift form wasn't so hot. Your back was bent and you didn't start low enough putting all the weight squarly on your back and not your legs and your hands were both pronated. The fact that you got that weight up no prob and injury free is awesome because once you get down some form your lifts will just take off. Your enthusiasm is inspiring keep up the hardwork and keep us posted on gains. . . good luck

Originally Posted by AndrewT
    So what is the correct form then? I've started doing deadlifts again but to me it never "feels" right? I thought you were supposed to keep the bar as close to your shins and knees as possible...always touching them. Hence why I always end up with bruises on my shins and knees...ouch!! Is this not the correct way to perform the deadlifts?
    http://t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459744

Read this. It added 60lbs to my deadlift in one workout. For reps too 8-)

-> A-Rod

-> rent-a-lambo

Thumbs up

Just wanted to address some of your comments and questions hope i can lend any help. BB style of benchpressing is when guys bench using a wider than usual grip and have their elbows flared out so that the angle at the armpit is close to 90 degrees emphasizing pecs and they lower the bar at the middle of the pecs. Good powerlifting bp technique pins the elbows to the sides, archs the back as far as possible, and when the bar is lowered it touches much further down than BB style ( somewhere round the top of the stomach) emphasizing the triceps and anterior delts. To put it lightly, form is everything. BB style is more comfy for lots of folks since they have done that their whole lives but it really robs them of potential.

You're gym looks awesome, but your deadlift form wasn't so hot. Your back was bent and you didn't start low enough putting all the weight squarly on your back and not your legs and your hands were both pronated. The fact that you got that weight up no prob and injury free is awesome because once you get down some form your lifts will just take off. Your enthusiasm is inspiring keep up the hardwork and keep us posted on gains. . . good luck
    Read it and made a note of everything your suggest. I'll lift alittle lighter tommorow and try to demonstrate better form with the deadlift, perhaps you can critique? Also I'm definatly lifting BB style, do you have any websites or online pictures of the other technique? Probably will make quite a difference! Also I'm going to pickup a bench shirt

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...ID=02_HD_BLAST

Any other suggested equiptment? Oh and I looked up local compeitions, there is one in January, a state match, and from all the previous matches, if I keep lifting what I am, I may place first, if not break a state record.

Thanks
    Powerlifting stats:

Pic

I can really appreciate how much your 400lb deadlift was now. I repeated my 300lb pull from last week, and then decided what the hell, I'll try 345lb. I swear somebody snuck down to my basement and gorilla glued the bar to the floor! I couldn't budge it an inch! Very humbling.

But I'm inching closer and closer to that 300 lb benchpress that I want so bad. Today, I did fewer reps and did 3x255, 3x265, 2x275, 1x285 and then 10x225. So I think I'm getting real close. But I don't want to max until I know I can do it for sure. I workout alone, and even though I have a power cage, I'm still a little uneasy about maxing any lift that is lifted over my body.
    My vids

Thumbs up

But I'm inching closer and closer to that 300 lb benchpress that I want so bad. Today, I did fewer reps and did 3x255, 3x265, 2x275, 1x285 and then 10x225. So I think I'm getting real close.
    Dude you are practically there!!! Thats exactly where I was at before I said to hell with it and attempted the big 300. If you are doing the lifts that you claim above I have no doubt that within the next few weeks you will be lifting 300 as well! Congrats. Also keep at the dead lifts, really wasnt that hard, I thought the bench was alot more difficult than the deadlift. Also I've been reading up thanks to the advice of others on this board, apparently competition form is everything, by doing proper powerlifting form you will be able to lift more weight, and to do so without injury. I'm going to try proper technique on the deadlift tonight, maybe go for the big 450, IF I HAVE ANY WEIGHTS LEFT!!. You words are very encouraging to me as well, lets keep each other updated on our progress. Oh another freaky thing is when you do get that big 300 up, when you lift alone and toss it on the rack, i've had my whole bench try to flip over on me so be careful bro.
    Powerlifting stats:

Pic

Just put up 415 in a deadlift

http://www.ispdeal.com/pics/hiii98/4.avi

Theres the link, I tried to improve my form, sorry for the dark background I can edit the avi to change the gamma levels if need be. Thats 415, felt alittle heavy, but I got more in me next time! Also my rotator cuff (I think thats what its called) is totally fked from puttting up that 300 pound bench, any advice on how to heal it? Hurts back and makes a crunching sound when i put up even 135 (as a test tonight). I still have the strength but ... need the arm to agree.
    Powerlifting stats:

Pic

body weight curl

Oh and I curled my body weight ;-)

http://www.ispdeal.com/pics/hiii98/3.avi
    Powerlifting stats:

Pic

http://www.ispdeal.com/pics/hiii98/4.avi

Theres the link, I tried to improve my form, sorry for the dark background I can edit the avi to change the gamma levels if need be. Thats 415, felt alittle heavy, but I got more in me next time! Also my rotator cuff (I think thats what its called) is totally fked from puttting up that 300 pound bench, any advice on how to heal it? Hurts back and makes a crunching sound when i put up even 135 (as a test tonight). I still have the strength but ... need the arm to agree.

Good pull. As for the shoulder, you gotta rest it. Hopefully it's not a rotator cuff, and just something else that's irritated. But either way, you gotta rest it, and possible use ibuprofen.
    I hurt something in my shoulder moving stuff around in the basement last year, and I didn't stop lifting even though it would irritate it more. So the shoulder pain lasted for ~3 months, until I gave in and took an entire month off with no lifting, and then it went away. So be careful with it and rest it before it gets worse.
    My vids

http://www.monster-isp.com/exe/DSCF0039.AVI

Just deadlifted 425... and going..
    Powerlifting stats:

Pic

F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100) F3aReDRickA is not very well liked. (-100)
    Your pretty strong for a skinny ****. You should do powerlifting. Bodybuilding is eh... If you can sit there in speedos and flex for male judges, and mostly a man crowd go for it... I recommend powerlifting though, that's a pretty strong lift. how do your other 2 fair?
    My stats are:

weight: 260 ( creatine :( )
    Height: 6'1.5
    Bench: 370 raw, 405+ shirted
    Squat 385-405 raw
    Deadlift: 480 raw
    Military press: 175 x 8 reps

Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nykwan
    Nice job! Nice home gym too.
    Here's a goal you should shoot for next. You're a lot closer to hitting it than I am. I was reading Stuart McRobert's Brawn, and he says that to be really considered strong, one should shoot for 300, 400, 500 for bench, squats and deadlifts respectively. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it, but I'm going to try.
    naw if i can do it and i am only 18 than you can do it no prob, and i only weigh 170
    "To be the physically elite, you need to be physically complete."
    1 month's membership to a gym:$50
    month's supply of creatine:$29.99
    an issue of Muscle and Fitness:$5.99
    nike workout gloves:$19.99
    posing in the mirror with great satisfaction:Priceless

Lifting ain't nothing till you've held a girl over your head with one hand

"Compliments kill a bodybuilber, crticism builds one"

Originally Posted by F3aReDRickA
    Your pretty strong for a skinny ****. You should do powerlifting. Bodybuilding is eh... If you can sit there in speedos and flex for male judges, and mostly a man crowd go for it... I recommend powerlifting though, that's a pretty strong lift. how do your other 2 fair?

I am working on strength training mainly, and i believe the stronger you are the less skinny you will become. I do powerlifting and plan to compete next month. I'm not into the ego scene of a bodybuilder, i think powerlifting is truely impressive myself. I'm really impressed with your own stats, even at your weight an height being only 16 and putting up the numbers you do is impressive. I remember struggling putting up 135 on bench at 16! When you say "your other 2 fair" what are you reffering to? my other lifts? I posted them in my signature.

This is to everyone, is my form ok in that lift? I've taken alot of heat on other threads for having poor deadlift form, and have been trying to work on that with this lattest shot. Thank you for the words of encouragement, and I really dont look that skinny, i have a belt on that i tightened almost to the point of not breathing (makes me look thin)

later and thanks for the words of encouragment.
    Last edited by hiii98; 12-20-2004 at 07:42 PM.
    Powerlifting stats:

Pic

Originally Posted by Chisle
    naw if i can do it and i am only 18 than you can do it no prob, and i only weigh 170
    what weight are you putting up Chisle? or reffering to?
    Powerlifting stats:

Pic

Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good job hiii. I love to see the small guys putting up some decent weight on their lifts. I'm also benching a little over double my weight as well. Being 5'6", 159 pounds and pausing 335 pounds raw for 2 reps. I've never maxed out on squats, but i'm repping 365 ass to grass for about 5-6 reps. I'm also deadlifting 405 for 5-6 reps as well. All my other lifts are decent as well, probably my military presses, overhead dumbell presses, weighted pullups, bentover rows being my strongest lifts. I've been super all natural, no supplements or drugs. I've taken protein supplements and creatine for my first year only, after that only food ! i've trained for 4 years straight, about 9 months off due to injury, and then back in the game for about a year and 3 months, smaller, but probably close to my strongest pound for pound strength ever...training safe, testing my limits, consistency, proper diet, and confidence have gotten me to where i'm at now, or it could be that i'm on the short side and I have very small joints and light bones.. anyways, good job, good luck and get f*cking nuts !!!!!