The Next Big Thing! SemperFi222's Avatar
    SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

stomach not getting smaller

im getting really annoyed with this, ive been on a clean cut for the past 2 months and ive dropped weight but my stomach just doesnt seem to be getting smaller. i workout 4 times a week and im thinking i should add cardio to my workouts to see if that will help. ive noticed my love handles got smaller but my gut and waist just dont seem to shrink. if anybody has any suggestions or if they have been in the same situation and have gotten there stomach to get smaller please help me out. i know you cant spot reduce and all but ive seen pictures of people that have lost as much weight as i have and the size of there stomach was smaller. so if im doing anything wrong, please help.

thanks ahead of time to all that reply!
    Cutting until I'm shredded.

"Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali

clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) clintwinz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would do ten minutes of cardio after you lift. at least thats what i do and do cardio in the morning to every other day on an empty stomach

SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SemperFi222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by clintwinz View Post
    i would do ten minutes of cardio after you lift. at least thats what i do and do cardio in the morning to every other day on an empty stomach
    would that help? because normally after i workout i play basketball, but during the week i rolled my ankle and i have to wait about 1 more week before i can possibly run.

GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its alright bro, as you see your love handles are fading away, then your stomach will, stomach fats one of the hardest areas of fat to get rid of, because its usually the last place fat will be removed from. keep on truckin bro and youll see your gut go away.

also add in abdominal work after cardio, this will help tone your stomach and help utilize the fat their more so.

good luck bro.
    United States Army

Iraq- October 2008-October 2009

11B- Infantry.

STATS:
    Weight- 175lbs
    Height- 5'7 1/2

how low should my weight be for my stomache to be down. like right now im 218.5 and im about 6'1-6'2, i was thinking about dropping to 190-200 and then do some mini bulk and cut sessions but it seems like i might need to go lower than 190 if my gut doesnt get smaller.

GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SemperFi222 View Post
    how low should my weight be for my stomache to be down. like right now im 218.5 and im about 6'1-6'2, i was thinking about dropping to 190-200 and then do some mini bulk and cut sessions but it seems like i might need to go lower than 190 if my gut doesnt get smaller.
    depends on your BF percentage. if your 20% or lower, id say maybe 20 lbs will get you really good. maybe less.
    United States Army

11B- Infantry.

STATS:
    Weight- 175lbs
    Height- 5'7 1/2

im deff not 20% bf, is their a way i can do measurments on my own to find out what bf i am

im deff not 20% bf, is their a way i can do measurments on my own to find out what bf i am

you would need some calipers, but if your above 20%, 20 lbs-30 lbs is in your range, so you better be working ahrd bro!
    United States Army

11B- Infantry.

STATS:
    Weight- 175lbs
    Height- 5'7 1/2

SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm in the same boat bro. I've been eating clean, doing cardio 5x a week, lifting 4x a week, and haven't missed a workout in 8 weeks. Even if I took some before/after photos, I'd probably get really discouraged since visibly I don't see a huge difference in my gut...but I was smart and bought a tape measure...and I've lost 2.5 inches in my waist in these past 8 weeks. So my suggestion would be to buy a MyoTape (or any other flexible tape measure) and, in addition to weighing yourself once a week, you should measure your waist and your neck. If any one of the three goes down every week (preferably the measurements), you know you're doing something right.

EDIT: This isn't as accurate as calipers, but it will give you a decent estimate of your body fat percentage based on weight, age, height, neck, and waist measurements: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Input the values for #1, and then for #2 just fill in the right side column. You won't need calipers...just a tape measure
    Last edited by SGMD1; 07-01-2007 at 07:25 PM.

so according to that site im like 28% bf and i need to be like 155...that sucks but i work hard in and out of the gym i just wanna see some results on my gut its the only thing keeping me down. as soon as my damn ankle heals im starting cardio like 4x a week. i hope i can get my stomach to shrink before school starts.

SGMD1-whats your workout routine/food plan look like? it seems like youre doing something right thats helping you lose size.

so according to that site im like 28% bf and i need to be like 155...that sucks but i work hard in and out of the gym i just wanna see some results on my gut its the only thing keeping me down. as soon as my damn ankle heals im starting cardio like 4x a week. i hope i can get my stomach to shrink before school starts.

SGMD1-whats your workout routine/food plan look like? it seems like youre doing something right thats helping you lose size.

haha bro, dont worry, if yu did it off a site they its not really really accurate.

no way in hell at 6'2 you should be 155lbs. im 155lbs at 5'7 and decent thick, youd be a stick at this weight. but yeah bro jsut keep lifting and get that muscle in. youll even out soon.
    United States Army

11B- Infantry.

STATS:
    Weight- 175lbs
    Height- 5'7 1/2

bro i pray to god i even out soon because im sick of being fat and out of shape. i love lifting weights and as soon as i drop the guy and look good im gona start bulking...i wanna push my body to its limit and see how big i can get it and how strong i can be even though im already getting strong from my workout routines that im doing now. but yea as soon as i can run im deffinatley doing it.

SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK here goes haha:

Diet:
    I carb cycle and calorie cycle, doing 150g carbs on Monday/Thursday, 100g carbs on Tuesday/Friday, and 50g carbs on Wednesday/Saturday Morning/Sunday (I have my cheat meal on Saturday evening).

A Typical High Carb Day:

Meal 1:
    1/2 Cup Egg Whites
    1 Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal Packet
    1 Cup Mixed Berries
    1 Multivitamin

Meal 2:
    2 Slices Panera Whole Grain Bread
    4 oz. Sara Lee Sliced Turkey Breast
    Lettuce, Tomato, 1 Tsp. Horseradish Mustard

Post Workout:
    BIOTEST Surge Recovery Shake (though I'm planning on finding a better substitute for this...too many simple carbs)

Meal 4:
    4 oz. Marinated Chicken Breast
    1 Sweet Potato

Meal 5:
    4 oz. Marinated Chicken Breast
    2 Cups Broccoli Flowerets
    Omega 3-6-9 Capsules

Meal 6:
    SYNTRAX Matrix Whey/Casein Shake
    Omega 3-6-9 Capsules

On a low carb day, I'll eliminate the Post Workout shake (low carb days are my off days from lifting), substitute a protein shake for the oatmeal, a low carb wrap for the Panera bread, and broccoli or some other green veggie for the sweet potato. On a medium carb day I'll do something in between. Saturday night I eat whatever the heck I want (check out the Cheat Contest thread to see a photo of what I had last night...it was awesome haha)

Lifting:

Monday: Squat, Leg Press, Leg Extension, Leg Curls, Stiff-Leg Deadlift
    Tuesday: Bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Decline Bench Press, Dips, Skullcrushers
    Thursday: Deadlift, Barbell Rows, Assisted Chin-Ups, Barbell Curls, Incline Dumbbell Curls
    Friday: Military Press, Side Laterals, Rear Laterals, Shrugs, Standing Calf Raises

Each workout lasts between 35-50 minutes, followed immediately by cardio. On lifting days after cardio I'll do four sets of 20 of different ab exercises (decline sit-ups, knee raises, etc.)

Cardio:
    On lifting days, I'll either walk at a 3.5 incline at 3.5 mph for 45 minutes, or if I'm in a rush, I'll do 12 minutes of HIIT (2 min warmup, 10 min of intervals)
    On Wednesday I do 23 minutes of HIIT (3 min warmup, 20 min of intervals)

Saturday I build houses with Habitat for Humanity for 3-4 hours which is a decent workout, and Sunday is off.

As for my progress since May 14th (8 weeks ago), I've gone from 179 lbs to 167 lbs as of today, from a 38 inch to a 35.5 inch waist, and an approximate bf% of 25 to 20.5. Nothing that I'm doing is really groundbreaking or revolutionary or extreme...just stuff I've found out from reading these forums and experimenting a little bit.
    Last edited by SGMD1; 07-01-2007 at 08:38 PM.

thats an awesome job bro, seems like youre doing better than me, only thing happening to me is that my numbers on the scale are going down and everything else seems to looks the same.