Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Help! going away for a week.

I got accepted into the Provincial Police Auxiliary force and I have to do a week of training at their head quarters. They'll be feeding us three times a day there, but that obviously doesn't fit my six times a day routine + morning and evening whey shakes.

Any advice on what I can bring up with me to eat for protien/cals? The only thing I thought of so far is a can of tuna for each day, and a good protien-food bar like Trioplex or something.

Any other ideas?

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jellotree
    I got accepted into the Provincial Police Auxiliary force and I have to do a week of training at their head quarters. They'll be feeding us three times a day there, but that obviously doesn't fit my six times a day routine + morning and evening whey shakes.

Any advice on what I can bring up with me to eat for protien/cals? The only thing I thought of so far is a can of tuna for each day, and a good protien-food bar like Trioplex or something.

Any other ideas?
    Bring a shaker bottle and some very slow digesting protein powder with you. Some beef jerky would be a convenient source of protein as well. Bring some almonds to snack on to get your daily intake of good fats. Don't forget your carbs. Try finding a good recipe for some homemade protein bars with plenty of complex carbs. Thats about all that comes to mind..Hope that helps some bro.
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ditto the homemeade protein bars. Maybe some apples (they won't go bad), a small tupperware of whey and a shaker bottle.

r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone have a recipe for protein bars that are 600 calories each?

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can assume the meals will be substantial, though, so you'll be fine for calories (unless you're on a very hypercaloric diet already). And you can assume the meals will be higher in satu fat than you'd prefer, and with mostly higher GI carbs than you'd prefer. So you can expect to be eating what will be basically very nice fast food. Like Chili's or a nice cafeteria.

So I wouldn't worry about high calorie energy bars (600+ kcals). I would plan for a late night snack, and for portable 150-300 kcal snacks. I would take ON or Met-Rx bars for daytime snacks, almonds and whey (that you can mix with cold water), or flax for late night pre-bed. A 1/2 loaf of wheat bread for good carbs during the day of the food they make isn't substantial enough.....

Stuff like that.

You need things you can keep at room temp.

And congrats on getting accepted.

Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I kinda figured it'd be like military food.

The thing I'm going to miss most is milk! I drink two litres a day on average. Since there will obviously be washroom in the room, I'll have a place to drain the tuna cans. I'll be eating plain tuna, but ah well. I have a resipe for homemade bars from this site, maybe I'll try that.

My diet as of now is typically this.

Morning:
    -Two scoops of whey/3 eggwhite (pasturized)/milk - all in a shake
    -boal of oat bran cereal
    -whole grain bar for carbs

Morning classes (school):
    two small yogurts
    500ml 2% milk

Lunch:
    Whole can of tuna on flax bread w/cheese
    500ml 2% milk

2nd Lunch:
    Flax bread w/ 4 tbl spoons of peanut butter or with turkey and cheese.
    water

Pree workout (only on wo days):
    pasta and chicken (for example)
    2 scoops whey w/milk

Post workout:
    Regular dinner (i.e. chicken/rice/vegs or steak/potato/beans...etc)

Evening:
    Sandwich, either p-butter, turkey, or chicken on flax w/cheese

Pre-bed:
    2 scoops whey w/milk