SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Your perfect home gym

Ok, so this may be a repost, but I think its a pretty fun subject. I was thinking today about if I move away from my current gym, what I would do. I thought about maybe making my own gym, which got me thinking as to what I would have in it.

Anyway, here would be my ideal gym, please post yours because if I ever DO make my own gym, then maybe your input can help make it better =)

1. Heavy duty Power rack
    2. Lifting Platform
    3. Competition bench
    4. Pull-up/dip station
    5. Weight belt w/chain attachment
    6. olympic coloured weights 1,000lb's worth
    7. 7ft + 6ft olympic bar + E.Z. bar
    8. Incline/decline bench
    9. Dumbells, 20kg-80kg
    10. 2.5kg clips
    11. chains & bands
    12. Box

Aaaand, as my only piece of cardio:

13. Versa-climber

I know not all of these are necessary, but imo this would be a GREAT gym, allowing almost endless possibilities, and would be amazing to have all to yourself =D

Thoughts?
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000)
    mine would include

forza competition bench
    a good power rack (with chin bars)
    deadlift platform
    2 texas power bars with center knurling
    lots of 45's and a pair of each additional weight increment, some rubbers
    apollons axle
    log
    thick handled dumbells (that load oly plates)

that would be it for me

SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my gym has 3 forza comp. benches =D If only I could actually bench enough weight to justify using them...
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    power cage (with chin/dip attachment)
    barbell
    olympic lifting platform
    bumper plates (from 10 to 25kgs)
    metal plats (from 1.25 to 45lbs)
    adjustable bench
    adjustable box
    plyo boxes
    bands
    chin/dip belt

extra goodies:

apollon's axle
    farmers walk handles
    sandbags
    stones
    kegs
    sled
    tires
    grip stuff (pinch blocks, rolling thunder, titans telegraph, wrist roller, sledgehammer, bending nails, climbing rope)
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, i have a home gym already so here is what i have got:

LOADS of grippers.
    inch dumbell replica
    350kg(just under 800lbs) olympic weights
    cheap squat rack
    bench
    olympic bar
    homemade 2'' thick bar
    2 x 2.4'' dumbell handles
    32kg kettlebell
    homemade v bar
    homemade 2 hand pinch kit
    IM rolling thunder handle and homemade 1'' handle

And this is what i am looking to add:

power rack
    more grippers
    a few 3'' thick bars and dumbells
    a 3.5'' or even a 4'' thick bar
    a 48kg kettlebell

MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1 Bench
    1 Squat Rack
    1 Deadlift Mat
    3 Bars
    3 Trees
    3 100lb plates
    5 45, 35, 25, 10, 5, 2.5 / per tree
    Ez bar
    Chalk
    Bands
    Boxes
    Loud ass stereo system blaring hardcore music
    United States Air Force DEP - BMT 10 Aug 09
    "Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it."

Military PT Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109105731

Mizzou Football: 8/30, Home v. Illinois
    Tarheel Basketball: N/A

ah forgot to add the loud ass stereo system, good call =)

JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I train with a group of powerlifters in a garage. The guy put it together himself and we have:

Comp Bench
    Power Rack with Monolift attachment
    Deadlift Platform with jumpstretch hooks
    Independent Squat Stands
    Reverse Hyper
    Glute-Ham
    Chest-supported Row
    Pulley set-up
    Dip Station
    1 Board
    2 Board
    3 Board
    4 Board
    5 Board
    Bands
    Chains
    a few dumbbells
    a ****-ton of weight
    Deadlift Bar
    Frantz Power Bar
    Giant Cambered Bar
    Fat Bar
    Safety Squat Bar
    Buffalo Bar
    a few olympic bars
    Adjustable flat/incline Bench
    a fan
    chalk
    most of the floor is covered in rubberized flooring
    surround sound stereo

We have 2 elite lifters and 3 who'll total elite within a year.
    Last edited by JNo20; 07-01-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    Meet PRs @220
    Squat: 675, (8-22-2008)
    Bench: 455, (8-22-2008)
    Deadlift: 611, (3-29-2008)
    Total: 1735, (8-22-2008)

pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i workout at home i have everything i need
    powerrack
    flat bench
    adjustable bench(flat,incline,decline,military)
    adjustable bench with leg cur/extenstion
    dumbells 10lbs-70 im still trying to pick up more there expensive
    mini cable cross over machine, high pullys and low pullys
    all types of cable attachments
    preacher curl
    homemade dip station(very strong)
    t-bar
    2 olympic bars
    e-zbar
    weight tree
    floor mats
    all differnt weight plates.

thats everything i have and dont need anymore. you gotta have a lot of space to put all that stuff and if you buy the right stuff and dont blow your money on overpriced **** you can get all that for about $1,000 like i did

pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pprivon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Power rack w/ band pegs (prob Elitefts)
    Lifting Platform
    competition bench
    Incline/Decline bench (maybe incoroporated w/ flat bench ... i dunno)
    GHR
    Rev Hyper
    Prowler
    Texas Powerbar
    SSB
    A bunch of plates
    All types of bands, couple sets of minis
    Chains
    Pulling harness
    Tire
    Log
    Stones
    Farmer Walks
    Kegs (2-3)
    Handles

I think with all that I'd be happy :-D. Now just to graduate from College ... get a good job and make it happen
    Total ... what else matters?
    6/10/06 - 665lb

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    My gym is pretty complete. I wish I had a bit more floor space. And I'd like to eventually get a good DL bar like a Texas or Okie.

I have:
    power rack w/ chin bar
    adjustable (flat, incline, decline) bench
    1" rubber mats on the entire floor (12x12' area)
    3 bars (2 of which are slightly bent from drops)
    cambered bar
    curl bar
    about 1000lbs of plates and 2 plate trees, one at each side of the rack
    db's up to 110's but not every increment
    homemade lat/pushdown pulley
    adjustable box squat box
    chains
    my bands are all damaged but I had them at one point
    a TV and stereo