Closed Thread
    RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Okay to work out with a sore throat?

Or is that automatic layoff?

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're sick, take the day off.

If it's just an allergic kind of thing, you can probably work through it.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    take time off

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DanMc
    take time off
    yep untill you feel 100%

fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DanMc
    take time off
    for a sore throat?? unless it's so bad that it feels like you're swallowing razor blades when you drink go lift

chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

if you don't have a fever workout

i notice i will get allergy symptoms and not feel like working out but i after i workout i feel a hell of a lot better. if you have a fever and are filling dizzy and super weak then yes take some time off.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    When I get the beginings of a sore throat, I always hit the rest, vitamins and nutrition hard...

The influenza virus starts out in the nose/throat, and works it's way down to the lungs... Once in the lungs it lives there, and gives you the full blown flu. The sore throat and such is from your immune system making Blastocytes. (I think that's what they're called, could be wrong.)

What they are is large immuno cells that attempt to destroy the virus before it gets to the lungs, buying your immune system time to make the proper antibodies to directly combat the specific virus.

These "Blastocytes" are like shot guns... They attempt to kill infected cells in the mucus membranes leading to the throat... Since they cannot themselves kill the virus, they kill the body cells that have the virus... The result is a sore throat and increased mucus. As the mucal cells are no longer acting at top efficiency.

If you work out, your body will have to delegate a large amount of it's resources to recovering/repairing the muscles... Thus less resources are used to help the immune system make the "Blastocytes" Which slow the virus down... And even less resources are sent to create the correct anti-bodies to directly fight the virus, and eliminate it completely from the body.

Even if it's a viral strain you've had before, your body still only keeps in storage a single "Old Anti-body" as a blue print... And it will still require you time for the body to make more copies of that Anti-body or T-Cell to fight that virus.

Thus working out when your body is under the early stages of a viral assault can make it much easier for the virus to get in, and once in, allow it to stay longer.

Gargling "Deep" (Almost to the point of gaging) with salt water or Listerine, has always helped me "Clean up the throat" to help out.

Giving your recovery systems the max ability to take care of the virus, can keep you from letting it get full blown... Or once infected, can lessen the syptoms and shorten the duration.

If it's an allergic thing... That's a different story... But I figured I'd give you the 411 on the process of influenza infection.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A good rule of thumb I heard years ago is if your symptoms are all above the neckline, then do an easy workout. However, if you have anything below the neckline, like body aches, chills, or chest congestion, they stay the hell away from the gym and rest up. At this time of year when fall is beginning to hit and our bodies have to get used to the change in temperature, I vote in favor of rest.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) highthief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by cowboyathlete
    A good rule of thumb I heard years ago is if your symptoms are all above the neckline, then do an easy workout. However, if you have anything below the neckline, like body aches, chills, or chest congestion, they stay the hell away from the gym and rest up. At this time of year when fall is beginning to hit and our bodies have to get used to the change in temperature, I vote in favor of rest.
    Bingo!

daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa
    When I get the beginings of a sore throat, I always hit the rest, vitamins and nutrition hard...

The influenza virus starts out in the nose/throat, and works it's way down to the lungs... Once in the lungs it lives there, and gives you the full blown flu. The sore throat and such is from your immune system making Blastocytes. (I think that's what they're called, could be wrong.)

What they are is large immuno cells that attempt to destroy the virus before it gets to the lungs, buying your immune system time to make the proper antibodies to directly combat the specific virus.

These "Blastocytes" are like shot guns... They attempt to kill infected cells in the mucus membranes leading to the throat... Since they cannot themselves kill the virus, they kill the body cells that have the virus... The result is a sore throat and increased mucus. As the mucal cells are no longer acting at top efficiency.

If you work out, your body will have to delegate a large amount of it's resources to recovering/repairing the muscles... Thus less resources are used to help the immune system make the "Blastocytes" Which slow the virus down... And even less resources are sent to create the correct anti-bodies to directly fight the virus, and eliminate it completely from the body.

Even if it's a viral strain you've had before, your body still only keeps in storage a single "Old Anti-body" as a blue print... And it will still require you time for the body to make more copies of that Anti-body or T-Cell to fight that virus.

Thus working out when your body is under the early stages of a viral assault can make it much easier for the virus to get in, and once in, allow it to stay longer.

Gargling "Deep" (Almost to the point of gaging) with salt water or Listerine, has always helped me "Clean up the throat" to help out.

Giving your recovery systems the max ability to take care of the virus, can keep you from letting it get full blown... Or once infected, can lessen the syptoms and shorten the duration.

If it's an allergic thing... That's a different story... But I figured I'd give you the 411 on the process of influenza infection.
    What a great post! I had an awful sore throat last Friday, as a result I skipped the gym for the first time in a year. My throat hurt so much I didn't eat a single thing that day...talk about a bad nutrition day!
    "We know Burns has the trillion dollar bill somewhere in his house, but all we've been able to ascertain from satellite photos is that it's not on the roof".

www.daninthemix.com

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Glad to hear you found it informative...

I don't think a single day of bad nutrition or missing one workout is going to set you back even a single percent... When compared to what a week or more of having the flu would set you back... The way the scales tip makes it an easy choice.

Glad you're feeling Better Bro!

Nainoa

P.S. Does anyone know the name of those "Blastocytes." I think that's the term for them, but I'd like to know 100%
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa

very interesting post. always wondered why the throat gets sore when you are getting sick.

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you feel like it, go for it. Just keep it less intense if you have too and don't kick your body when it's down.

jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100) jakesmith2000 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by RotatorCuff View Post
    sup bro

As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000) As1ngh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sore throat, yes i'd train through it...Takes a lot to keep some away from the gym and as long as it's not impeding you or danger of spreading, work through it.

Originally Posted by RotatorCuff View Post
    "Belief triggers the power to do"

Squat: 358
    Deadlift: 415
    Bench: 285

DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jakesmith2000 View Post
    sup bro
    11 year old thread bumped to say "sup bro" check.

Next person giving advice to eleven year old post check.

bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bignick1927 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Listen ur body