Spunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Rate my Meal Plans for workout/non work out days

Meal Plan 1 -

Breakfast : A slice of bread with tuna

Lunch : normal lunch with a small bowl of soup

Dinner : 4 slices of bread with tuna & vegs

** This is when i don't go body building **

Meal Plan 2 -

Break Fast 1 : A slice of bread with tuna

Break Fast 2 : Small bowl of salad follow by a cup of chocolate protein shake.

Lunch : Normal lunch w/o soups

Lunch 2 : A bowl of whipp potato from KFC follow by a cup of chocolate protein shake.

Dinner : 4 slices of bread with tuna & vegs.

** this is when i am doing full body building work out **

As for pure jogging, which meal plan should i take? Plan 1 or 2 or i should setup a new one?

thanks!

muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what are your goals?

Registered User Mr.MuscleHead69's Avatar
    Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

meal plan

Your meal plan sucks..no offense..here is a great meal plan for either day...
    Meal # 1 (On days)

BreaKfast: 1 cup of cereal w/ some sort of fruit in it and a 1/2 scoop of why protein powder, 1 slice of wheat toast w/ 100% Natuarl Peanut butter and a glass of water followed by a multi-vitamin.

Snack #1: Cottage Cheese (non-fat), 1/2 grapefruit w/ sweetner (your choice), 7 almonds, and BCAA's.

Lunch: Turkey sandwich (Fat free) on wheat bread w/ mustard, bananna, 1 serving of cut up carrots and a water.

Snack #2: Protein Bar

Dinner: 2 Chicken breasts or 1 serving of fish (salmon, tuna), Small serving of veggies or salad w/ Non-Fat dressing and water.

Snack #3 (right before bed): Protein shake w/ Peanuter butter and a fruit of your choice (mine is banana's)

If you have any questions..write me back.

Good luck!

Re: Rate my Meal Plans for workout/non work out days

Originally posted by Spunky
    Meal Plan 1 -

Breakfast : A slice of bread with tuna

Lunch : normal lunch with a small bowl of soup

Dinner : 4 slices of bread with tuna & vegs

** This is when i don't go body building **

Meal Plan 2 -

Break Fast 1 : A slice of bread with tuna

Break Fast 2 : Small bowl of salad follow by a cup of chocolate protein shake.

Lunch : Normal lunch w/o soups

Lunch 2 : A bowl of whipp potato from KFC follow by a cup of chocolate protein shake.

Dinner : 4 slices of bread with tuna & vegs.

** this is when i am doing full body building work out **

As for pure jogging, which meal plan should i take? Plan 1 or 2 or i should setup a new one?

thanks!
    my goals is to trim down my fats as well as growing muscles.

Re: meal plan

Originally posted by Mr.MuscleHead69
    Your meal plan sucks..no offense..here is a great meal plan for either day...
    Meal # 1 (On days)

BreaKfast: 1 cup of cereal w/ some sort of fruit in it and a 1/2 scoop of why protein powder, 1 slice of wheat toast w/ 100% Natuarl Peanut butter and a glass of water followed by a multi-vitamin.

Snack #1: Cottage Cheese (non-fat), 1/2 grapefruit w/ sweetner (your choice), 7 almonds, and BCAA's.

Lunch: Turkey sandwich (Fat free) on wheat bread w/ mustard, bananna, 1 serving of cut up carrots and a water.

Snack #2: Protein Bar

Dinner: 2 Chicken breasts or 1 serving of fish (salmon, tuna), Small serving of veggies or salad w/ Non-Fat dressing and water.

Snack #3 (right before bed): Protein shake w/ Peanuter butter and a fruit of your choice (mine is banana's)

If you have any questions..write me back.

Good luck!
    hello there, thanks for your comments juz a couple of questions. dont u find those meals looks pretty heavy in a way? esp at night alot of bbs whom i had spoke to asked me not to eat too much during the night.

also my goals is to trim down my fats as well as trying to grow muscles out of it.

spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yah.....a normal lunch....what the hell is that? no such thing as a "normal" lunch. What do you eat for lunch? But from the look of it, your not getting enough protein or calories to put on much muscle.

Savagerath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no such meal plan that can possibly help muscle grow mass and cut fat. You ned to do one or the other. If you are going to gain mass you need to EAT alot. Six meals a day atleast. If you are going to cut you need to cut Carbs and eat 5 equally spaced meals a day. Watch the saturated fats. Most important, Protien. Ge your body weight in grams!!!
    Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels good at first , but in the end, your just screwing yourself!

for lunch i juz ate a plate of rice, vegs, chicken breast meat and a veg soup. i drank pretty little on the soup part.

what do u suggest i shoould do ? to cut down my fat as well as maintain and hopefully slightly increase my muscles slowly?

That is kind of alot. If it were me I would eat the chcken breast, veggies and a small serving of brown rice. Slightly more after I have had a workout. Remember your body needs an increased suply of glycogen after you workout. I recomend you find a good after workout shake. I drink Myoplex. Look into it :-)
    Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels good at first , but in the end, your just screwing yourself!

Like I said If you want to cut you need to cut calories ( aka: carbs, fat, and simple carbs). Eat five evenly spaced meals a day. I eat every 2 1/2 hours. Eat alot of potien. Watch your sat fat, and ensure you replensh glycogen after workouts. This will be the only time you will need simple carbs( aka: sugar)

Lift heavy and not to muscle failure. I recomend 3 sets of five targeting muscle groups. Rember it takes time to lose fat. This is not going to happen all at once. Good Luck :-)

Smile

By the way Muscle heads meal plan isnt horrible. It would work but he has large meals and small snacks. Your metabolism will work much more efficiently if you gave it small meals evenly spaced. I recomend 5.

Thumbs up

got it ! smalll bowl of rice and thanks for the tips guys! i wil work hard ! hehe thanks again!

Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.MuscleHead69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

meal plan

I eat my meal plan..everyday 3 hrs. in between..I try not to eat starchy carbs. If you are trying to burn fat..throw out the rice..you don't need it. I am also a personal trainer and I have a degree in nutrition. I hope this helps.

so i should eat breads with tuna or breads with chicken breast to replace the rice?

meal

either way..as long you are eating wheat bread..look for the lowest carb wheat bread 100% wheat anything else is usually garbage.

You do need to stay away from starchy carbs in abundance, but after awork out it is essential to relenish lost carbs during a workout. I dont mean to toot my own horn but I have degree in excrecise science. I am not saying I know more but I do know what I have been taught and what has worked for me in personal expriences.

Mongul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Savagerath, since you're an exercise scientist, what is your opinion of ketogenic diets and their effects on leptin levels in the body?

j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_r_mav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Exercise science degree..... LOL.

i got a question. i just bought a premake green salad from the supermarket. it comes with thousand island dressing..

the thousand island dressing ingredients are soyabean oil, sugar, acetic acid, eggs, pickle relish,salt, tomato paste, modified starch, spices,preservative,edible gum, flavour, natural colouring and calcium disodium EDTA to protect flavour.

should i use it and mix with with my green salad cause it comes with it. hehe

Well in response. A Ketogenic diet is a severe restriction of carbohydrate calories, which causes a net reducton in total calories. Since carbohydrate calories are limited, the intake of fat usually increases. This high fat diet causes ketosis, which supresses hunger, and contributes to caloric restriction.
    These diets are usually characterized by excessive,rapid, water loss, caused by liver and muscle gycogen depletion.
    Also, restricting carbohydrate consumption causes an increased secreation of sodium. All of these factors cause rapid and very teporary weight loss, when in actuality the body fat percntage of the dieter remains the same.
    In my opinion Ketognic diets are more dangerous than they are beneficial.
    As far as leptin levels after a ketogenic diet. I would imagine the level of lepin drops. Although no solid conclusions have been made in any formal studies, results have shown that in the majority of test patients, this reduction results in increased hunger and a slower metabolism. (Friedman, Maffei 1995)
    Last edited by Savagerath; 05-31-2002 at 01:45 AM.

Spunky.... I think you are worryng too much. Look at the saturated fat, sugar, carbohydrates, and sodium. If there is too much, do not eat it. Look at the protien and make sure there is enough for a meal or as part of a meal. Alittle acid and processed edible gum is not going to kill you.
    Last edited by Savagerath; 05-31-2002 at 02:22 AM.

heeh ok thanks yea i am worry too much cuz i dun wanan increase my fats cuz i already got a little tummy as well as ... butt. hehe

Mongul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Savagerath, that is all fine and good, but I did not ask you what a ketogenic diet is, I asked you what you're opinion is of how they affect leptin levels. I am well aware of what a ketogenic diet is. The only thing you said that even comes close to answering what I asked is "I would imagine the level of lepin drops". That is all you have to say about it? Care to go into any detail on why it is you feel they drop?

Also, another question for you: what is your opinion of Octopamine HCl and its effects on the Beta3 Adrenergic Receptor? Worth it?

ClarenceSkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Gentlemen,

After reading Spunky's original diet, I just thought of a question for you all. I train every other day like Spunky. If I want to gradually gain muscle, while reducing fat, should I be consuming less calories on off days?

I really would like to pack on mass, but after experimenting with increasing calories (protein/carbs/fat), to support the mass gain, my midsection becomes way too fat. I look like humpty dumpty and can barely fit into my pants.

Is it possible to gain mass without the body fat? If so, what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sincerely,

Skip Smith
    Miami Beach, FL

Thinking of a Master Plan SirSavageX's Avatar
    SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by ClarenceSkip
    Gentlemen,

After reading Spunky's original diet, I just thought of a question for you all. I train every other day like Spunky. If I want to gradually gain muscle, while reducing fat, should I be consuming less calories on off days?

I really would like to pack on mass, but after experimenting with increasing calories (protein/carbs/fat), to support the mass gain, my midsection becomes way too fat. I look like humpty dumpty and can barely fit into my pants.

Is it possible to gain mass without the body fat? If so, what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sincerely,

Skip Smith
    Miami Beach, FL
    It is possible, but difficult, since you must eat a great deal in order to bulk.

In my opinion, one of the best ways to minimize fat gain a bulk cycle is to try high volume, one or two bodyparts per day, for 5-6 days a week. This way, you're not sitting on your ass half the days of the week, increasing your chances for fat storage. Your working one bodypart almost everyday of the week, giving it the attention it deserves, and working to develop its full potential, AND putting those excess calories you're taking in everyday to good use.

Example: Mon.-Triceps and abs
    Tues.-Biceps
    Wed.-Chest
    Thurs.-Legs
    Fri.-Shoulders and abs
    Sat.-Back
    Sun.-Rest

Now, the thing about this type of routine, is you have to eat more than you would on a plan where you only work out a few days a week, because you're working out everyday (the diet must mirror the training), but even so, if done correctly, I think it would still minimize the amount of fat gained, and maximize muscle gained.

ClarenceSkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Sir Savage X for your input. I will give it a try.

Take care!

Skip