I'm training for a figure show next year, and would like to add some more muscle, will Nitric Oxide products help?
10-11-2004, 08:51 AM #1
10-11-2004, 08:55 AM #2
10-11-2004, 09:12 AM #3
1) Yes, Nitric Oxide supplements can help when combined with a high protein diet and proper training. NOTE: AVOID GNC and AVOID the actual PRODUCT CALLED NO2, it's a RIPOFF ! !
2) For best results, go with a product such as Cold Fusion, which combines Arginine, Ornithine, and Taurine. You could also add Citrulline Malate powder to the stack (high dosage for best results).
3) Take it preworkout with lots of water for cell volumization ( see http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=332329 )
4) Stack it with creatine
5) Cycle it ( see http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=253454 )
6) Be educated about the following possible side effects for females:
L-arginine, when administered in high doses, stimulates pituitary release of growth hormone and prolactin and pancreatic release of glucagon and insulin.
The main action of prolactin in females is the induction and maintenance of lactation (breastfeeding). Prolactin levels build up during pregnancy but milk secretion does not begin until after birth. As an infant suckles, prolactin is released into the mother's blood stream, causing the milk glands to produce more milk. Prolactin and other hormones are responsible for the development of mammary glands during pregnancy. Prolactin also affects the ovaries. The main target area is the corpus luteum, the secretory organ formed from the ruptured ovarian follicle after ovulation. High prolactin levels lead to reduced progesterone function. The result of hyperprolactinaemia (excess production of prolactin) can be the non-appearance of menarche (beginning of menstruation at puberty), amenorrhoea (absence of menstruation in a woman after puberty) and anovulatory menstrual cycles (absence of ovulation i.e. no mature eggs produced). These effects can be the basis of female infertility.
Last edited by pu12en12g; 10-11-2004 at 09:15 AM.CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
Senior Research and Development Consultant
Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com
Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility/no cross contamination).
10-11-2004, 10:12 AM #4
11-20-2010, 07:20 AM #5
- Join Date: Nov 2010
- Location: Shippingport, Pennsylvania, United States
- Age: 34
- Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
- Posts: 14
- Rep Power: 0
VitaChemX N.O. FISSION
11-20-2010, 07:22 AM #6
- Join Date: Feb 2010
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Age: 28
- Stats: 6'2", 250 lbs
- Posts: 2,400
- Rep Power: 1944