stxda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going on Keto Diet without ECA stack?

I'm only 16 and I want to go on the Keto diet, but I'm too young to be taking an ECA stack, so would the keto diet be as effective without it?

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I havnt even started taking ECA yet, Ive been on keto for about 5 weeks, its great man. Even though I'm gonna move down to the Anabolic Lifestyle.

Ps, at 16, just eat right, and exercise, you'll get there. Don't go on a diet yet..unless you really have to, even then unless youve got diabetes or something, just go on a healthy regular diet.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I second that - - eat like a horse no matter what, Keto or not (at your age it don't matter) but NO ECA for a long time.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keto would be effective without it.

ECA is up to you.

intermittent fasting .ridiculous's Avatar
    .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    I second that - - eat like a horse no matter what, Keto or not (at your age it don't matter) but NO ECA for a long time.
    well if your fat, I dont think you should eat like a horse

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can't take an EC(A) stack since I'm in the military, but I've been on Keto for 6 weeks now, and I still see progress. If you can take an EC stack then it'll probably be much more effective, but Keto is still great on its own.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ECA is over rated. All ECA will do is slightly speed up the results that you can get without it. It's not really worth the money or the risks'. IF you decide to do it, be conservative and don't abuse it.

Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When did the Keto Diet start being called the Keto and ECA stack diet? ECA is not neccessary

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not using an ECA stack or any other drugs or strange supps and I'm dropping body fat at an excellent rate. The only supps I use are a multivitamin, BCAAs, and whey protein (stopped using creatine monohydrate about a month ago). I'll have a couple cups of coffee and sometimes a sugar free Red Bull both as a treat and as a caffeine source when I need a boost.

I've only been on this for a little more than two weeks and I've dropped about 6 pounds. Everything is measuring the same except my waist and thighs, which are shrinking rapidly. I deadlifted 495 lbs at the end of my workout on Tuesday just for fun -- I was in ketosis *and* I had done an hour of cardio about 6 hours prior to my workout. This diet is definitely the right choice for preserving muscle/strength while losing body fat.

You don't need an ECA stack or any thermos while on this diet. It works awesome without any of that stuff. I challenge you to do it the natural way. You will learn a great deal about yourself in the process.

ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    ECA is over rated. All ECA will do is slightly speed up the results that you can get without it. It's not really worth the money or the risks'. IF you decide to do it, be conservative and don't abuse it.
    Ephedrine is the best thermogenic you can get over the counter. If taken responsibly, you will not experience heart issues. It was the people taking too much in too hot of conditions that ruined it for the rest. Good thing it is still used as a decongestant. I would imagine you burn an extra 300 calories or so a day just from the stack.

To the OP: ECA is not needed. The diet will speak for itself.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've used ECA in various different stacks, and while it definitely makes it easer to get my ass into the gym and lifting those weights, I honestly can't put my hand on my heart and swear it makes any real difference to weight loss.

Just do the diet and workout hard, and you'll be fine.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    you don't need stims for weight loss...I personally don't like lifting all buzzed out anyway, cardio is fine, but not hitting the weights, I prefer slow steady and focused
    @__@

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stxda View Post
    I'm only 16 and I want to go on the Keto diet, but I'm too young to be taking an ECA stack, so would the keto diet be as effective without it?

yes.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ItalWHOP View Post
    Ephedrine is the best thermogenic you can get over the counter. If taken responsibly, you will not experience heart issues. It was the people taking too much in too hot of conditions that ruined it for the rest. Good thing it is still used as a decongestant. I would imagine you burn an extra 300 calories or so a day just from the stack.

To the OP: ECA is not needed. The diet will speak for itself.
    That's the point. You can eaily create that extra calorie deficit without resorting to something that has the potential to cause health problems. I agree that it was abuse that caused the "E" craziness at the FDA. But, even when used responsibly no serious person could possibly argue that using this stuff doesn't have some, albeit perhaps marginal, risk. The thing is, why do it if it's not necessary?

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    ECA stacks were not around a couple of decades ago.

I only suggest taking a few supplements...

MultiVitamin
    Whey Protein
    Creatine
    Omega Oil

I have been known to take other supplements at times...but the 3 above are the tried and true supplements.

All the others (IMHO) and even some of the ones on my list...will only proivde you with marginal benefits.

None of this applies however if you are truely deficient in what the supplement provides. If you have a chromium deficiency, then chromium picolinate may actually help you...things like that are the exception.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's the point. You can eaily create that extra calorie deficit without resorting to something that has the potential to cause health problems. I agree that it was abuse that caused the "E" craziness at the FDA. But, even when used responsibly no serious person could possibly argue that using this stuff doesn't have some, albeit perhaps marginal, risk. The thing is, why do it if it's not necessary?
    When used responsibly by a healthy person there should be no risk involved. johnnyironboard and I had a discussion about this a couple weeks ago and showed that the people who died from it were grossly abusing it (1 person was taking it for over 20 years ect...). I will even quote him: "more people will die from alcohol this weekend than EC" which is true. If you use it dont pop 15 pills a day and expect better results...just take the recommended dosages and you will do fine.

OP: Most people on this site wont recommend taking it until you reach a plateau with your weight loss anyways (I have used it before with decent results). I would wait until you are at least 18 to take it but dont be too concerned as long as you take it responsibly

"more people will die from alcohol this weekend than EC" which is true

Perhaps. But, with all due respect, that is a totally meaningless argument. I bet more people will die from Fireworks accidents this week as well; however, that does nothing to qualify the safety of ephedrine. I ate Oatmeal for breakfast today, which has exactly the same relevance to Ephedrine safety as does alcohol related fatalities.

Anyway, I don't disagree with you guys. I too have taken my share of Ephedrine and if used with caution, I really don't think it's the Devil people make it out to be.

I just personally think it's a waste of money. I also think it can be hard on lean tissue. I have no science to back this up mind you; I just beleive that in my case, a couple of years ago, it helped me to lose as much muscle as fat.

lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukewbrubaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To each their own...sometimes its good to have differing opinnions. I just dont see how an over the counter drug could be viewed as dangerous (you would think if it were dangerous they would make you get a perscription). The only reason they monitor the selling of it is because people can make meth out of it.

john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) john_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why do people advise against teenagers taking ECA?

I've been taking it for a little while and I find it very helpful.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by john_29 View Post

Not sure if it's really "dangerous" for teens to take it, but I know they don't sell it to those under 18 so. I'm talking about the Ephedrine by the way.

I just dont suggest it yet because your still young and you need to spend time eating healthy and exercising and not depending on pills for weightloss. Theres no need to turn to fat burners yet. Once you have your eating and exercise practices in place I see no reason not to take it once you hit a plateau.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    they didn't ban it b/c of people taking it for weight loss folks, its b/c you can turn it into methamphetamine with just some household items.
    @__@

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    An EC Stack will at best boost your metabolism by 5%.

That means if you burn 3000 calories without the stack, EC will only help you burn an extra 150 caloies.

So....the answer is

NO, you do not need EC to burn fat, but it does do wonders for energy though....

[QUOTE=lukewbrubaker;56440841] I just dont see how an over the counter drug could be viewed as dangerous (you would think if it were dangerous they would make you get a perscription).

Look no further than Tylenol. You can kill yourself with this **** as easy as E

Originally Posted by vipergq View Post
    An EC Stack will at best boost your metabolism by 5%.

That means if you burn 3000 calories without the stack, EC will only help you burn an extra 150 caloies.

So....the answer is

NO, you do not need EC to burn fat, but it does do wonders for energy though....
    Amen! My point exactly. I'm not trying to crash on ECA. I just think it's a very marginal gain. You could add an extra CV session each week and accomplish much the same thing with far better health conotations.

The problem is more with habbit developement - A pill to get lean, an Amp. of this or a pill of that to get big......

I just know many guys who can't just go an enjoy working out like I do unless they are running a cylce of gear - not that you're doing that - they feel useless. You just don't want to walk through that door...not in any way. The point is, learn to control your body without assistance from the medicine cabinet. Once you realize that you can do it yourself, you'll be far happier.

[QUOTE=Cape1;56620551]
    Originally Posted by lukewbrubaker View Post
    I just dont see how an over the counter drug could be viewed as dangerous (you would think if it were dangerous they would make you get a perscription).

Look no further than Tylenol. You can kill yourself with this **** as easy as E
    Thats the point I was trying to make so it looks as if we agree. If you view tylenol as dangerous then I guess you should view E as dangerous (I guess you could die from an overdose of just about any drug). And I agree with you 100% on the advice you gave to john_29, start forming healthy habits before you even think about taking it. I only have taken it a couple of times after I have reached a plateau...just gave me an extra umph since I didnt think 2 sessions of cardio in a day would benefit me plus didnt have the time for it. Who knows maybe it was just a mind over matter for me but it worked.

The problem is more with habbit developement - A pill to get lean, an Amp. of this or a pill of that to get big......

I just know many guys who can't just go an enjoy working out like I do unless they are running a cylce of gear - not that you're doing that - they feel useless. You just don't want to walk through that door...not in any way. The point is, learn to control your body without assistance from the medicine cabinet. Once you realize that you can do it yourself, you'll be far happier.
    That's true, I used to take a bunch of supplements and realized they didn't do crap for me. I stopped taking all these energy supps and even stopped taking creatine and learned to adapt, even on Keto. So far I'm doing fairly well with adapting, now I just need to optimize my body for getting the most out of Keto.