Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by muscleshakes View Post
    That's good marketing ...
    In what way is his post marketing?

SwampKid84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MetZleRmaN View Post
    If L-Glutamine does nothing why do so many pro bodybuilders take it? I've seen some of their nutrition articles, and almost always, they have L-Glutamine in their stack.
    Exactly. I strongly disagree with those saying Glutamine isn't worth supplementing because our body makes plenty of it. Sure, our body makes plenty of it to get by, just like our body makes plenty of a lot of stuff to get by, but Glutamine is different in that you need to supplement it at the right times, and that's the key. After a hard workout, your body is determined to get your brain and nervous system operating at 100%. It does that by taking Glutamine from your body and putting it in your bloodstream. The most abundant place to get Glutamine as most of you know is your muscles. The process by which your body goes about putting Glutamine in your bloodstream is catabolising protein from your skeletal muscle. So Glutamine after a hard workout is great.

I've also noticed results by taking it before bed and in the morning. I think of Glutamine as a "fortifier" not a "muscle-builder" in how it operates, but preventing muscle breakdown is indirectly a muscle-building trait. It definitely helps with recovery, digestion and immune system too. It's a staple for me.

MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SwampKid84 View Post
    After a hard workout, your body is determined to get your brain and nervous system operating at 100%. It does that by taking Glutamine from your body and putting it in your bloodstream. The most abundant place to get Glutamine as most of you know is your muscles. The process by which your body goes about putting Glutamine in your bloodstream is catabolising protein from your skeletal muscle.
    I understand what you're saying. However, if you eat pre/post workout, aren't you ingesting enough glutamine naturally to prevent your body from ever possibly needing to go catabolic on your muscles seeking glutamine? I mean, most post-workout meals should be loaded with glutamine without even trying?
    Just trying to be helpful. You want something? Go get it.

Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    I understand what you're saying. However, if you eat pre/post workout, aren't you ingesting enough glutamine naturally to prevent your body from ever possibly needing to go catabolic on your muscles seeking glutamine? I mean, most post-workout meals should be loaded with glutamine without even trying?
    I think that depends on:

1) If you're cutting. That's what I'm doing personally and trying to trim and gain muscle at the same time means I can't eat like someone who's bulking or maintaining, consuming way more meats than me.

2) If you believe, in the midst of such hearty meals, that your body is digesting the Glutamine quick enough in that crucial time period to prevent the catabolism in your muscles while other aminos are in competition with it to be digested. That's why doctors have said it's most effective when taken on an empty stomach. Most people drink a post-workout shake, and those all at least have a LITTLE bit of Glutamine in them. I could understand why someone wouldn't worry as much about supplementing it post-workout because of that reason, but if you're training hard, powerlifting, a greater amount of Glutamine can be very beneficial as it's depleted big-time with intense exercise. Some people I know go at least 1-2 hours before eating a meal post-workout because the protein shake holds them over a little bit, so in that case, supplementing it would be a good idea imo.

In the end, I think everyone consumes things differently. Last year, I'd work out in the morning/afternoon and feel/look great in the mirror throughout that same day, but on rest days I wouldn't see QUITE as much. Ever since I've started taking Glutamine before bed and in the morning, there's never been a dropoff. To each his own I guess. I can see both sides of the argument. I think it depends how you get your Glutamine at the most opportune times (during/post-workout, before bed, upon rising).

I have to add to that 2nd point. I've read from bodybuilders that you have to take L-Glutamine away from other protein sources or it won't be ingested at all. That I'm not completely sure about, but that's what they say, and I'm inclined to believe that coming from guys who do that for a living and their body IS their living, and they know how to get the best results. I've been taking it on an empty stomach at least an hour separated from meals before I even knew that, so maybe that's why I've seen good results. I also know MP Glutamine and others have Glutamine Peptides, Alanyl-L-Glutamine, etc. that make for more effective Glutamine absorption.

hardeep6896 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sir

Sir I m workout frm five years nd little bit pain on my ryt elbow so I want to knw glutamine l does work on my elbow if I wish to take. My physician asked me it is a tennis elbow

Re: Sir

U said the physician "asked" you if it was tennis elbow? If you find out that you do, i had it for about 1 year when i was in my early 20s and it was from bad benching technique. What really helped me was ibuprofen, staying away from weights for a few months, then wearing elbow straps for the first few months once i started lifting again. Elbow tendonitis is something my dr. told me might stay with me forever, but i totally recovered within about 6 months by doing that. Hope that helps at all.

MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MRMBlog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Glutamine is a great supplement that does wonders for Muscle recovery. I would recommend some sort of glutamine intake after every work out.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MRMBlog View Post
    Glutamine is a great supplement that does wonders for Muscle recovery. I would recommend some sort of glutamine intake after every work out.
    That's enough now

triciaandnanny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up glutamine

I recover with almost no soreness with glutamine. I can workout twice as long. Im am anemic usually snd hypoglygemic and this supplement is a godsend.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by triciaandnanny View Post
    I recover with almost no soreness with glutamine. I can workout twice as long. Im am anemic usually snd hypoglygemic and this supplement is a godsend.
    not due to glutamine you dont
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlpineX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bumping old thread but if you have kind of bowel disease it's the best supplment you could ever take period. I take 25 to 30 grams daily and I don't know what I would do without I start to panic if it gets to low. It's littery the best supplement Ive ever used. As far as a bodybuilding supplment I noticed I developed more muscle when I began to use probably because I started actually absorbing my food.

ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlpineX View Post
    Bumping old thread but if you have kind of bowel disease it's the best supplment you could ever take period. I take 25 to 30 grams daily and I don't know what I would do without I start to panic if it gets to low. It's littery the best supplement Ive ever used. As far as a bodybuilding supplment I noticed I developed more muscle when I began to use probably because I started actually absorbing my food.
    I was diagnosed with gerd and mild gastritis. I've read that glutamine is good for digestion as well. I've been only taking 5g before and after a workout. I need to take more?