Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User BeastOfTheEast1's Avatar
    BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastOfTheEast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lifting 5 times a week?

Is it bad if i lift 5 times a week? My schedule would be

Mon- Upper
    Tues- Lower
    Wends- Upper
    Thurs- Lower
    Fri- Upper

what do yall think? What i need to know is it safe? like would i be overtraining or nething?

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah thats not good.

need 3 days of rest

lift 4 days and lose the wednesday

so..

monday upper
    tuesday lower
    thursday upper
    friday lower

that will allow for proper rest time

magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by athenafootball View Post
    need 3 days of rest
    Why is this so? I was unaware that everyone had the exact same amount of rest time required to recuperate from lifting, hell I was under the impression that it was even related to your diet, sleep and training! Boy was i was wrong.
    2 years
    Starting weight/height = 119lbs / 5'8"
    Current weight/height - 185lbs / 5'8"

Bulking 'til 230lbs or when the Buffalo Bills have a winning season. Whichever comes first.

Step 1) Pick up a weight and a small farm animal.
    Step 2) Lift one and eat the other.

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    generally, you should rest each muscle group for 72 hours
    just my opinion.

can vary depending on diet/ sleep/ etc.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thats the split our entire football team used our freshman-junior year. If you can keep up with it do it, if you stop making gains stop, no one else can tell you if it will make you overtrain, some people can lift 7 days a week some only 3
    771/645/622 Single Ply

magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50)

can vary depending on diet/ sleep/ etc.
    WILL vary depending on diet/ sleep / etc.

I lift 6 days a week, was doing 7 but burned out a bit and am taking it slower now. My diet and sleep allows for 6 days, 7 was stretching it a bit however.
    2 years

Bulking 'til 230lbs or when the Buffalo Bills have a winning season. Whichever comes first.

Originally Posted by magnate View Post
    WILL vary depending on diet/ sleep / etc.

I lift 6 days a week, was doing 7 but burned out a bit and am taking it slower now. My diet and sleep allows for 6 days, 7 was stretching it a bit however.
    yeah good point.

i guess im just going on what i personally do.

Back to the OP's question.

To lift 5 days a week you have to give your body the fuel and recovery to accomplish that task.

Your diet may have to get bigger and you may need to sleep more, you may have to alter what you eat and when you eat it. The only way to know how you will react to it is to do it, if you feel you can't keep doing that frequency then your diet, sleep, or training need fixing. You may respond better to lower frequency and a Total body approach, or you may respond to a split type routine. The bottom line is that you have to test this to find out how it will work for you, as nobody else has your body and can tell you what will occur.
    2 years

the more you work out, the more rest and food you need to support your body. right?

the more you work out, the more rest and food you need to support your body. right?
    absolutely.
    2 years

Registered User seminolesfan_07's Avatar
    seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seminolesfan_07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I usally work out 5-6 days a week always takin off Saturday.

HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HSP10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends on how much you eat, basically. You have to be nourished enough to work that many times. I work five-six times a week but always make sure I eat and hydrate myself enough to achieve that.

Registered User tatortotajigalo's Avatar
    tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah thats not good.

need 3 days of rest

so..

monday upper
    tuesday lower
    thursday upper
    friday lower

lol, who has 3 days of rest???
    Owner of Southern Style Trucks - Houston, Texas.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s_canter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast1 View Post
    Is it bad if i lift 5 times a week? My schedule would be

Mon- Upper
    Tues- Lower
    Wends- Upper
    Thurs- Lower
    Fri- Upper

what do yall think? What i need to know is it safe? like would i be overtraining or nething?
    it depends on you. if you are feeling unsoar and good to go, then id say go for it, but if u are tired. dont go...pretty simple. i just got 4 days a week tho. any more then i get fatigued.

vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanila gorila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 days a week.
    no more.
    no less.
    PANTERA.
    A lament for a rookie officer, punk ass weak little lamb.

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow strong overtraining.

Atleast cut down to 4 days a week if you want to do upper/lower body split.

phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ok well mixed responses but how bout i jus do it this way, since im looking to increase my speed as well.. i could hit it like this....

Mon- OFF
    Tues AM Speed Training, PM Upper Lifting
    Wends- Lower
    Thurs- AM Speed Training, PM Upper Lifting
    Fri- Lower
    Sat- OFF
    SUN- OFF

if anyone has any ideas how i can plan this please let me know, i wanna lift at least 4 days a weak but also do speed training

tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you wanna lift 4 times a week

do

monday: lower
    tuesday: upper
    wednesday: off/cardio
    thursday: lower
    friday: upper
    Last edited by tatortotajigalo; 06-29-2007 at 04:14 PM.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

Originally Posted by tatortotajigalo View Post
    lol, who has 3 days of rest???
    between each body part. not between each workout.

did you totally ignore the rest of the thread?

Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
    Wow strong overtraining.

Atleast cut down to 4 days a week if you want to do upper/lower body split.
    Its impossible for you to know he will over train doing this routine.

And to the guy who said 3 days no more no less, please say that's a joke.
    2 years

martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I still say 3 a week, but if you must, do 4 its better than 5. 5 is some crazy overtraining, especially if its full muscles, not just something like abs or cardio

phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillyboi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ill jus pull off the

Mon- Lower
    Tues- Upper
    Wends- Speed Training
    Thurs- Lower
    Fri- Upper

and do polymetrics 3 days a week.

TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomVZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah thats not good.

need 3 days of rest

so..

monday upper
    tuesday lower
    thursday upper
    friday lower

I work out 5 days a week and its going more than fine for me?

yes.
    Weight: 176
    (peak) ... - 09/13/10 - 365 / 255 / 435 total: 1055
    (current). - 09/13/10 - --- / --- / ---.. total: ----
    (goal) .... - 01/13/11 - --- / --- / ---... total: ----

Originally Posted by martymcfly View Post
    I still say 3 a week, but if you must, do 4 its better than 5. 5 is some crazy overtraining, especially if its full muscles, not just something like abs or cardio
    For the love of god stop saying 5 is overtraining, you don't know if it will lead to overtraining with him or not.
    2 years

LIl_ronnie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIl_ronnie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i lift everyday and have seen alot of muscle gain but hey i wouldn't recommend it...not for everybody
    to be as big and ripped as i naturally can

between each body part. not between each workout.

lol no, i just lol at the expense of dumbasses like you who think each body part need a ****in year to recovery, ****, one day of recovery is enough.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tatortotajigalo View Post
    lol no, i just lol at the expense of dumbasses like you who think each body part need a ****in year to recovery, ****, one day of recovery is enough.
    for some people, not everyone. I lol at them too but your views aren't 100% correct for everyone in the world either
    771/645/622 Single Ply

zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive used a 5 since I started training 5 years ago. Im starting to go 3 on 1 off instead of 5 on 2 off and am incorporating Hola Bola's 12 day workout and its doing quite well.
    ★ Cancer Survivor Crew ★

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    for some people, not everyone. I lol at them too but your views aren't 100% correct for everyone in the world either
    rigth but the part where he asked if i ignored the whole thread was pointless and stupid.

Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just do it the simple way monday - on tuesday -of wed-on thrusday-of firday on sat of etc