Thread: Olympic plates?

jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Olympic plates?

Ok, I know this sounds funny, but what is the difference between olympic and standard plates - and the barbells the respective use etc.?

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Olympic plates are bigger and usually have a 2" hole where standard plates have 1". The Olympic bars are bigger, longer and weigh more. They are also usually much stronger than the standard bars.

I don't know if there's a big price difference in the plate as far as price per pound goes.

And Olympic plates just look cooler
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) maidenfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They all (depending on where you get them and the type) generally run .35-.60 a lb. The fancy plates, bumper plates, etc are horendusly expensive.

makin' women stronger strongwhit's Avatar
    strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongwhit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    also the olympic bar weighs 45 lbs where the standard bar only weighs about 5 lbs. - whits farm

Dont_quit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by strongwhit
    also the olympic bar weighs 45 lbs where the standard bar only weighs about 5 lbs. - whits farm

i dunno about a standard bar being 5lbs. my 5' standard is 14lbs

I don't work out, I train xplosiveDL's Avatar
    xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    also an olympic bar is ~1000 dollars
    If a guy is muscular but cant lift worth **** he is nuthing but a cosmetic pussy ,non functional muscle size =pointless silicon implants as far as i `m concerned

-> A-Rod

You want big muscles, girly man? Find big rock. Pick up big rock. Raise big rock overhead. Repeat as neccesary.

-> rent-a-lambo

pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hmm i think i paid 80$ for 150 pounds of standard weights with the bar, and then when i upgraded to olympic weights it was 120$ for 300 pounds including the bar.
    ''You can either feel the pain of discipline or feel the pain of regret. The choice is yours.'' - Jim Rohn

-US ARMY-

1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jeez, where do you guys buy your equipment?

My first Olympic set cost me $99.00, from NY Barbells. My second set cost me $50.00 from a want ad in the newspaper.

Dick's Sporting Goods usually sells the plates for around .49 cents a pound but you can routinely find them on sale for as little as .33-.39 cents a pound.

Look around for a store in your area called Play it Again Sports. They're like a pawn shop for used equipment. I bought a pair of 70 lb dumbbells for $50.00 a couple years back.

t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50) t_dats will become famous soon enough. (+50)

yup, they arent that expensive. About 120 $$ (american) for 300 lbs, at the sports store that i work at, which is Modells (if anyone cares). Plus i get 20% off so im good.