chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chigum has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

what do i have to do to get bigger

hi all, ive been working out now for over 4 months putting alot of hard work into it, but still not seeing any good results. i lift 12 10 8 6 then 12 i make sure that i try and reach failure on the last set. should i be lifting more weight say heavy loads of 8 resp then 6 its looking from the info i am reading that if i make my muscles explode then i will see bigger results may be no need for 12 10 8 6 12 sets ,, thanks all

liftw8s247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting bigger:

The first thing you need to realize that 4 months, is that the lenght of time needed to get you where you want to be.

Is you workout routine set up properly?

My workout days consist of:
    Day 1 Back,Bis and abs/Cardio
    Day 2 Chest, Tris, little sholder, and abs/Cardio
    Day 3 Legs and abs.
    Day 4 Rest/Cardio however you body needs.

Sets are usually 4 sets x 10 reps per muscle group.

That is the simple version of what I do for my workouts.

Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pure Dasani has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here's the split that I'm doing right now - http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/4split1.html

I'm busy so I cut back from 5 days a week training to just 4. You should look into that split. I've been only doing it for a month but I think it's pretty effective.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chigum
    hi all, ive been working out now for over 4 months putting alot of hard work into it, but still not seeing any good results. i lift 12 10 8 6 then 12 i make sure that i try and reach failure on the last set. should i be lifting more weight say heavy loads of 8 resp then 6 its looking from the info i am reading that if i make my muscles explode then i will see bigger results may be no need for 12 10 8 6 12 sets ,, thanks all
    4 months is nothing, especially if your diet is not under control and well-designed for muscle growth.

Based on your question, I strongly recommend reading the stickies on this, particularly the BRIT_BEEF splits, the components of a periodized program, how to structure a program, the articles on mass gain diets and basics of nutrition.... all the basics.

Have no idea what exercises you're doing, how often, whether you're eating right, sleeping enough, using proper form, proper weight increments....

No way to answer your question without that, and if you do some reading first, you'll be able to answer the questions yourself, actually.

Happy reading.

tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tcM_Emperor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get at least 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of your body weight every day.

Get creatine.

Don't work out for longer then 45 minutes.

Try to get like 40 grams of protein within 20 minutes post-workout.

Do a 2 day, rest day, 2 day, 2 rest days repeat routine.

Those are things I ignored for a long time and wasted like 6 months of working out when I could have made awesome progress.

JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You want to get bigger, EAT BIG/LIFT HEAVY/SLEEP ALOT
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

"If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got".

NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor
    Get at least 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of your body weight every day.

Get creatine.

Try to get like 40 grams of protein within 20 minutes post-workout.

Do a 2 day, rest day, 2 day, 2 rest days repeat routine.

Those are things I ignored for a long time and wasted like 6 months of working out when I could have made awesome progress.
    Short and sweet. I totally agree.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NoChemicals
    Short and sweet. I totally agree.
    "NoChemicals" agrees with "Get creatine"?

Bah. I don't. Beginners need hard work and a solid plan. Creatine masks inadequacies by helping get you gains in SPITE of your program.

From a practical standpoint, I think guys with <1 year under their belts should avoid supplementation. They need to know exactly what works, what creates DOMS and what doesn't (for proper rest and recovery), what helps their strength and what doesn't, etc.

Eat right, yes.
    Good program, yes.
    Proper meal timing, yes.

Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor
    I 100% agree with this.
    So many people I see in the gym do the 1 set/4 minutes talking- 5 times on way too many exercises. I would say the average lifter spends 1 hour(not bad) to 1 1/2 hours(whoa) in the gym.
    One guy looked at me weird last Tuesday when I said I was done after 3 sets of the E-Z Curl. I told him I had just worked back prior.
    He then continued on with his 5th and 6th E-Z Curl set. He got there before me and was still working out after I had finished my shower. 1 1/2 hours, at least.

Originally Posted by Eric_FXST
    I told him I had just worked back prior.
    Most gym-goers would have no idea why this was a relevant statement.

korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) korrrupt2004 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by zackmurphy
    "NoChemicals" agrees with "Get creatine"?

Bah. I don't. Beginners need hard work and a solid plan. Creatine masks inadequacies by helping get you gains in SPITE of your program.

From a practical standpoint, I think guys with <1 year under their belts should avoid supplementation. They need to know exactly what works, what creates DOMS and what doesn't (for proper rest and recovery), what helps their strength and what doesn't, etc.

Eat right, yes.
    Good program, yes.
    Proper meal timing, yes.
    Well founded view, yes. Realistic? No... everyone wants the quickest, best results 5 minutes ago................Totally agree with you though.
    Ní féidir ach le Dia breithiúnas a dhéanamh orm.

Snarrrrrrrrrrrrrrl UltimateWarrior's Avatar
    UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UltimateWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eat Big, Train Heavy, Sleep well.
    -=PRO MMA FIGHTER CREW=-
    -=MISC MMA & BJJ CREW=-
    -=FORMER HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP CREW=-
    -=LEO CREW=-
    Squat 335 / Bench 280 / Deadlift 405 Conventional and Sumo

Originally Posted by korrrupt2004
    Well founded view, yes. Realistic? No... everyone wants the quickest, best results 5 minutes ago................Totally agree with you though.
    Yeah... had to say it, though.

NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good catch zack. Actually, I wouldnt' recommend creatine either but it is an option for them depending on their goals. Creatine does give quicker results if people want faster gains. But what about protein supplements? Would you guys recommend it for beginners?

AndrewT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndrewT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndrewT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Creatine does help, but with 4 months of training it's best to just lift weights hard, and eat harder! I think too many people make the mistake of working out adequately, but their food intake is sub-par. You really need to eat big to get big. Plus plenty of rest and consistency is the key. You need to be consistent...it'll take time, but it'll come eventually. Keep at it!