Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Losing strength while sick!

I have been sick a stinkin week and a half now, man does it suck. Anyways I lost some weight as everyone usually does and I also lost some strength. I used to be barely be able to curl a barbell I have, I don't know how much weight it is, but anyways, now I tried to curl it and it didn't even move. I think partly the reason why I can't lift it is because I am still sick, but also I know I lost some strength. I am just wondering though, for those of you out there, who got sick and lost some strength, how long did it take you to get back to where you were before you were sick. I know everyones case is different but I just want to get a rough idea how long it might take for me to regain what I once had.

Thanks,
    Tom

thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000)
    first, don't attempt to lift while you are terribly sick. It will just make your immune system worse and you will stay sick longer.

As for how long it will take to regain size and strength, my experience tells me about a week or two, depending upon how much you are eating. As soon as you begin to eat normally again ( i assume your not eating very well), you'll begin to put your gains back on.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    no yer doomed you are gonna lose all your muslce and strength u ever had and become anorexic sorry

Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Really camron, NO!!!!
    Thanks TheGame. I have just started eating good again like starting yesterday, but I am still sick, and no, I'm not lifting while I'm sick. I am never going to lift while I am sick. I first had a small soar throat so I kept lifting, but I think that got me so I had a very week immune system, and then I caught some bacteria and got sick with something else. The reason I've been sick for a week and a half is because I have had two sicknesses in a row. Anyways thanks for your input Game. Peace

RedDiablo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, you will always lose strengh when you dont work out or are sick. You got to make sure your body is all better before pushing youself again. I had a hernia operation 5 weeks ago and I still have another 3 weeks til I can start lifting again. Things can always be worse.
    Red Diablo

Khaos1137 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Tom,
    You should give yourself roughly a week to ensure that your body is completely free of the infection before you go back at it. This will ensure that you are free of the infection before working out again. If you are still sick you will have a relapse that will be worse than the original infection.