Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Onomatopoeia == good buzz bhaputi's Avatar
    bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WeebleNoMore View Post
    nah, I was just playin. I don't have any experience with blood type diets... sorry if I struck a nerve.
    Nope - no nerve at all here. I was just commenting on the apparent confusion between type A blood and type A personalities

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

No, No, You are on-target....

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Okay, this isn't good. I'm type O and I avoid most carbs -- I do eat oats and rice, but avoid wheat and pastas (even vegetable pastas), so I guess I'm not Keto-style. I do function well on low carbs and tend to hold too much fat when I'm at a standard amount ("standard" for most people).

I'm logging off and going home before I start to find reasons why this could be valid.

Buggers.
    As a type O you are eating within D'adamo's guidelines. When I talk about "keto" , I'm referring to less than 20g carbs per day, and using it for muscle-sparing weight loss. With you, you can eat those types of carbs when in "maintenance". I use the term "keto-style" when the term "low glycemic carb" is probably more appropriate......
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KLMARB View Post
    As a type O you are eating within D'adamo's guidelines. When I talk about "keto" , I'm referring to less than 20g carbs per day, and using it for muscle-sparing weight loss. With you, you can eat those types of carbs when in "maintenance". I use the term "keto-style" when the term "low glycemic carb" is probably more appropriate......
    What about protein sources? Before I volunteer any info, what does D'Adamo say?

This is not good -- meaning, I'm finding validity in his arguments for my personal situation and I'm not happy about changing my mind...

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I thought all this was debunked a couple of years ago? (serious)

Anyway, here's some reading for you....
    http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/rev...lood-type.html
    http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/NegativeBR/d'adamo.html
    Last edited by phikappa; 07-03-2007 at 01:06 PM.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

There are many options.....

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    What about protein sources? Before I volunteer any info, what does D'Adamo say?

This is not good -- meaning, I'm finding validity in his arguments for my personal situation and I'm not happy about changing my mind...
    Next time you are at the mall or near a bookstore, pop in and check for one of the "guides". They are small booklets by bloodtype listing the foods he recommends. Foods are divided into "beneficial, nonbeneficial, and neutral" You may find it interesting, it is my bet you are already eating much like what is recommended.....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Herophilus View Post
    x2. (A- Here). Hasn't effected my intensity, drive or progress in the gym.
    And me makes three (A+)
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Blood types indicate the presence (or absence) of certain substances on the surface of your blood cells. In terms of your overall biology, blood type is a pretty irrelevant/insignificant thing, but it becomes crucial when getting a blood transfusion because if your immune system sees a blood type it isn't accustomed to it will treat it as a foreign invader and attack it (destroying the 'foreign' blood cells and generally making a dreadful (even fatal) mess of things.)

Blood type A: 'Substance A'
    Blood type B: 'Substance B'
    Blood type O: Neither.
    Blood type AB: Both.

So, an AB person can get blood from anybody (more or less), because their immune system is used to seeing both the A and B substances, so it doesn't attack any of these blood types. On the other hand, a person with type O blood has an immune system that will regard both A and B as foreign and attack them, so they can only get transfusions from other type-O people.

There doesn't seem to be any credible evidence linking blood type to personality or whatnot, although such notions are popular in some cultures and in various 'alternative medicine' movements.

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Xystra View Post
    Hi, I started to follow at 90% adamo diet 2 years ago, and I have put members of my family and girlfriend on it too, we all have seen amazing result. My girlfirend she is type o and needs her protein, specially red meat, and I'm type A and I'm a professional athlete and everything as improve for me... and it's true that outside of my 6hours a day of strenuous exercise , I need my meditation time, streching (yoga) and breathing exercise it makes me recever quicker and boost my level of energy. I think adamo blood type diet is great, and you have to do try. The only thing that I do is I still use high protein diet (mostly vegetarian with eggs and a tiny bit of turkey,chicken and sea food) ( but as well complex carbs and loads of veggies and fruits...mostly vegetarian but I stay away from soy... personal choice...)
    Awesome work, you should jump in a time machine, head back to 2007 and post this when the original poster put it up.
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KLMARB View Post
    . After all, he basically is advocating a protein/fat based diet, much in line with Eades, Atkins, South Beach, Zone, etc. Which clearly have an evolutionary basis. Just my thoughts....
    What does that have to do with his blood type mambajahamba?

Originally Posted by dunemonkey View Post
    What does that have to do with his blood type mambajahamba?
    I revisited D'Adamo's concept a little over a year ago, this thread goes into it in detail.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146162043