Genosis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is Doing Cardio while legs are still sore from working out advised?

Is it advised? Will I lose a lot of muscle if i do that?

I usually do cardio 4 days a week for an hour/day. I don't want to reduce my cardio, but i wanted to work out on a no-cardio day.

But problem is, i worked the legs on sunday, and today is supposed to be my cardio day, but my quads still hurt like hell. I CAN run/do cardio like this, but I'm not sure if i should since soreness=muscles recovering (is that right?) and it might end up doing more harm than good...

So can anyone help me out here? Should I cardio while my legs etc. are sore? Or should I wait?

Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [$AJ auto reply]

soreness means nothing

[end auto reply]

PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Soreness = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)

Key Concept: DOMS = Recovery, but Recovery may or may not equal DOMS.

If you are experiencing DOMS, I would say emphatically, yes, you are still recovering. However, even if you are not experiencing DOMS, you may still be recovering. Here's an excellent article about identifying the signs of recovery and shortening recovery time: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa68.htm

Any cardio you perform can delay your recovery time if it is too intense or too long. If you're set on cardio, the best option is a HITT style cardio session.

To answer your question, are you risking muscle loss -- possible, but not probable if you maintain an appropriate intensity level. Are you going to increase your recovery time -- probably.

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I count running as active recovery, but I would say i'm very aerobically conditioned.