halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can anyone recommend some good lifting shoes?

Preferably under $100.

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I asked this once before and was told my new balance shoes should do fine. I currently have 804's. Some goofs said use converse ie crapy ass shoes with no support.

Any luck you'll fair better than I did in this quest. I like like my shoes but am looking for something with more ankle support.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Well Dan, if you are talking about shoes for squatting Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hightops are some of the best you can get for decent money. (MOST of the big squatters workout in them)
    I'm talking REALLY squatting here, not some 315lb 1/2 squat stuff.
    They have no cushion to the bottom so they don't roll, they have undoubtedly the best "no-blow-out" sidewall, and, if properly sized, really good ankle support (why do you think the heavy bench shirts are made from canvas)

Now halbbd01, if you want a good all around lifting shoe, I really like my Otomix "Power Trainer" high tops, or the "classic high top".
    They both have flat soles, but better insoles than the Chuck T's.
    If you are a heavy lifter (IE approaching 2 x bodyweight in squats) do not buy a "cross trainer" to squat with, the soles are to spongy and they WILL roll your ankle if you get wide and heavy with the squats. Save the cross trainers for cardio, when you need some shock absorbtion.
    You want a flat sole so you can get good heel drive from the floor and some decent ankle support (but not binding). All the otomix "trainer" series will fit the bill. I got mine at www.shoebuy.com, and saved 10% when I signed up and got free shipping. Also check http://store.yahoo.com/otomix/index.html for specials direct.
    Look around in the stores, but court shoes and cross trainers are for guys who wanna "get toned".
    Get some shoes designed for lifting if you actually want to get some life out of them.
    I think I paid about $60 for mine a couple of months ago
    But if I am going for a max, I still grab the Chucky T's.
    Good luck

Hint: Otomix says they run 1/2 size small, I wear a 12 and bought 13's in the "classic and they were a little long, so I bought 12's in the power trainer and they are snug but not too tight. So if you are under a 12, buy 1/2 size up.
    Last edited by ctgblue; 10-05-2004 at 04:22 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Dont_quit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i don't squat that heavy, but i workout/squat in steel-toe worker boots. they've got high tops for ankle support, very little actual heel, and no spongieness. plus the steel toe for when you drop a plate on your foot.

some squat barefoot. i used to.

JasonCST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I prefer barefoot when possible. Otherwise, I wear UGS (Ultimate Grappling Shoes) from RMAX.tv, as they are as close to barefoot as you can be without having nekkid feet.

Check them out here, at RMAX.tv products - scroll down for the UGS.
    JasonCST
    www.ClubbellTrainer.com

"Be good to yourself. If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?" - Kobi Yamada

dr3w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dr3w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dr3w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Otomix works for me.
    "The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping up and down."

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue
    Well Dan, if you are talking about shoes for squatting Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hightops are some of the best you can get for decent money. (MOST of the big squatters workout in them)
    I'm talking REALLY squatting here, not some 315lb 1/2 squat stuff.
    They have no cushion to the bottom so they don't roll, they have undoubtedly the best "no-blow-out" sidewall, and, if properly sized, really good ankle support (why do you think the heavy bench shirts are made from canvas)
    Thanks CT
    I have a blown tendon in my right foot and can't do no foot support. There was a bit more to that thread I mentioned. Right now my new balances are doing ok but I am getting near twice my weight for squats. I shall check into the optomix thanks for the links!

halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halbbd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the help!

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DanMc
    Thanks CT
    I have a blown tendon in my right foot and can't do no foot support. There was a bit more to that thread I mentioned. Right now my new balances are doing ok but I am getting near twice my weight for squats. I shall check into the optomix thanks for the links!
    I've got fallen arches so I put my own prescript orthotics in all my shoes anyway.
    The allstars are good to JUST squat in, or lift in, but I they are crappy for everyday wear. I am trying to get my 14yr old daughter to hang hers up

I suggest that people look into the low profile type padded arch supports for their shoes like CT Allstars and even Otomix if they have any foot problems

I made sure to get some for my daughter when she started softball and had to wear the nice hard cleats, she started wearing them in the Allstars too.
    Last edited by ctgblue; 10-06-2004 at 06:35 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

fatass PLer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fatass PLer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry

Unless you are showing off of your wealth otherwise Chuck Taylor is the cheapest and most reliable in training.

Originally Posted by fatass PLer
    Unless you are showing off of your wealth otherwise Chuck Taylor is the cheapest and most reliable in training.
    If you shop right, you can get the otomix for the same price as the allstars, I did
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com