EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Transformation with Great Food

Hi everyone. I've been one of those people that are constantly on and off diets and really get nowhere. I am a big procrastinator and always make excuses. I used to be a bit more in control, but college food and drinking without restraint has bloated me to 205. I'm 5'11 and by September I want to be at 190.

I've had success with keto diets, but it seems that without carbs I end up making up excuses about why I should just have a little bit and binging one day and the diet goes downhill. I can much more easily manage a diet with moderate carbohydrates so here's what I've made up:

1-Protein pancakes (5 egg whites, 3/4 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. If you want the recipe let me know because they're actually amazing and don't taste like the recipe makes them sound)

(20 minute morning jog)

2-chicken sandwich (2 slices wheat bread, filet of chicken or equal protein, tablespoon of hummus, tomato, and lettuce)

3-chicken and zucchini

4-chicken/lean steak/fish and broccoli

(Lifting and 15 minutes of cardio at around 10 p.m.)

5-Protein pancakes and whey protein shake

10 p.m. is the only time available for me to lift so I have to work with it. My calories come out to about 2300. I figure that by writing down my weight loss experience I will finally stop pushing things off and getting distracted. I want to finally be at a healthy bodyfat. Hopefully everyone can guide me a bit since I'm somewhat informed, but no expert.

EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvoSummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pictures

Here are my pictures as of last night. Posting these pictures is such a great step for me since I'm one of those people that hides behind my clothes.

Also, I'm using the Max O/T lifting program and I hope it gives me good cutting results. I've been interested in workouts that might up my heartrate more, but I can't seem to find anything I want to do.
    Attached Images

Today I was stuck in the hospital all day for work so I replaced the chicken sandwich with a roast beef sandwich that I bought at the cafeteria. Apart from that all standard. My energy levels feel great which I think I can attribute to the two servings of oatmeal in the pancakes.

I got home too late from work (I'm an interpreter) so I wasn't able to make the gym, but I plan to make it up tomorrow.

Also, here's the recipe for the pancakes:

3/4 cup of oatmeal
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese
    Either 5 egg whites or 2 whole eggs and one egg white
    A tablespoon of cinnamon (I like a lot of it)
    8 sweet and low or splenda depending on which one is your favorite.
    You can also add vanilla extract but I don't.

Put it all in a blender and let it liquefy. Heat up the stove and spray the no-stick cooking spray and make the pancakes like you would regular pancakes. You can buy a no sugar syrup to add to the pancakes and it's amazing.

The whole meal has about 400-450 calories and makes a great starter breakfast because it has great carbs and a lot of protein.

I think that I'll eat carbs when I wake up and before and after a workout. I'll eat low carb the rest of the day but won't feel desperate to binge because I'll have my 3 servings of carbs a day. I finally feel confident I can stick to this as long as I detail it in this log.

I'll make sure to post progress pictures every week as well as measurements.
    Last edited by EvoSummer; 06-28-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Today was a good day. I ate well and even though I had to get a bowl of chili to replace a different meal, I pretty much ate the calories I wanted to. I ate the chili at Wendy's and fought the temptation of fries (my kryptonite). Also, I had my chest workout today at the gym and followed it with 15 minutes of HIIT. Overall I feel happy that I stuck with it and didn't make excuses. I can't wait to take pictures next Sunday to compare with my previous ones.

Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep at it bro. You'll have the weight falling off in no time. The pictures are a good idea. They will give you a better indication than the scale will.

Peace,
    Mike
    Conquer the Strong ... Trample the Weak ... Hurdle the Dead

Statistics means never having to say your certain.

Originally Posted by Saint Mike View Post
    Keep at it bro. You'll have the weight falling off in no time. The pictures are a good idea. They will give you a better indication than the scale will.

Peace,
    Mike
    Thanks so much. The problem I used to have is that I looked at that scale everyday. I would either get excited or disillusioned based on what I saw and it would most likely make me fall off the wagon. Recently I'm relying mostly on pictures and body measurements. Let's hope for the best.

Today was a good day. I went outside to do some cardio with a run of about 3 miles. It felt good because I did it because I wanted to and not because I felt I should. Then I had a very good type of cardio in the evening.

I had a bit more carbohydrates today than normally because my body seemed to really be without energy and I assume they just wanted a bit more. I had some brown rice with chicken, a turkey sandwich on whole wheat, and the other carbohydrates in my main diet and it really gave me some more energy which should help me out a lot tomorrow. Overall I'm really pleased with how I've done so far and hope I can do this for two months.

I'll be weighing myself Monday morning and I hope to be at 202. We'll see.

Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EvoSummer View Post
    Then I had a very good type of cardio in the evening.
    Heh...That's the best type of cardio there is, my friend.

Peace,
    Mike

jklv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jklv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jklv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck man.
    Remember to keep us updated x3

Today was a bit of a rough day in terms of my workout. I just felt tired before it was time to go to the gym, but I made myself go. There, every single time I was struggling with something I kept trying to tell myself that I can just pick it up next week, but I didn't let it happen. I really went through it all and even increased the incline in my cardio.

Apart from that, I ate pretty clean, but the only thing that worries me is that I think I might have eaten too many carbohydrates. I had brown rice with every meal except my last one which had oats. This had to do with me being out all day, but I think that from now on I'll have to prepare stuff to go.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to weigh myself and post pictures because I like doing all that stuff on Monday's, even though it's only been 4 days since the start of my diet. I feel a bit bloated, but I'm sure I'll survive. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more energy.

Way to keep at it even though you didn't feel great. Persaverience pays!

Originally Posted by Saint Mike View Post
    Way to keep at it even though you didn't feel great. Persaverience pays!
    That's what I'm banking on. I have to do this for the long run and can't expect to lose it all in a week or two with extreme diets. It's more mental than anything. Thanks for the good words man.

So this is a bit of a blow, but I guess I can't see it too surprising. Today I woke up at 206. One pound heavier then I was when I started. I think this is because of the way my schedule works around. I am eating entirely too much at night. After my late night workout, I'm drinking a protein shake (which fills me up) and then pancakes (oatmeal, cottage cheese, eggs). That's about 700 calories and the majority of my carbohydrate intake for the day. Not to mention I drink lots of water during that meal. I just don't think my body has enough time to get all that liquid and food out of my body when it's time to wake up in the morning.

I'm going to be changing my diet as follows:

1-Pancakes

2- Two chicken breasts and zucchini

3-Turkey/hummus sandwich

4-Two chicken breasts and broccoli

5-1 cup of cottage cheese

6-Protein Shake

This comes out to be about 2200, 100 less than what I've been eating. I'm also drinking most of my water during the day and having just a glass or two at night time so I don't wake up so heavy.

Also, here are the pictures for today. I do feel a tiny bit leaner, so that's good. I'll measure myself on Thursday morning so I can see my progress for the entire week. I just need to stay motivated.
    Attached Images

I'm actually doing a drastic modification of my diet. Thanks to help from DYnomyte001, Thursday will be my first day on a Lyle McDonald Diet. I'm very very excited and can't wait to start.

Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice work, the ketogenic diet is good.

Cutting down those carbs and bad fat calories is critical. Psychologically the scales are a friend and an enemy.

Your on the right path and you can transform your body, bit by bit, the secret is to keep going, never miss a session, always keep going. Also don't expect drastic changes day to day, if you keep increasing your strength and cardio then your new body is inevitable.

Oh yeah, those binges aren't always bad, it can be caloric cycling on a keto diet, just make the binges every 4-5 days and you'll still be sweet.

It really is hard work, but I'm willing to really put some effort into it. I have so much more control of binges than I used to and I'm ready to cut so that I can finally do a real bulk for the first time.

I'll make sure to keep everyone updated with pictures and progress. Thank you for the support!

I feel great today. I had to eat tuna with zucchini in the morning which was disgusting because I hate canned tuna and had not done any grocery shopping. Well I went out and bought some 98% lean ground turkey breast and it was amazing with spinach, fat free cheddar cheese and salsa. I can't wait to eat some more of it. Tonight I do a full body workout followed by some low intensity cardio.

My mood is definitely on the up. Let's hope it lasts.

Today wasn't bad considering I spent the day with my girlfriend and picked up the iphone. I ate lots of chicken and veggies and my energy levels are great. I'm ready to weigh myself tomorrow to see if I've lost any water weight.

Pictures will be up on thursday.

So I weighed myself this morning and the scale says I'm at 202. While that's exciting because I'm finally seeing a drop, I'm scared that is only the water weight and I haven't lost any actual weight. One good thing though is that I did my body measurements and my legs seem to be bigger (while I've been lifting consistently for about a year, I was stupid and excluded my legs because I played soccer and have only now started to work them). The rest of the body seems to be about the same except for slight changes which for the most part are good.

The only bad part is that I can't see changes in the mirror which sucks. This might be due to me mostly loosing fat in the arse section first which does seem a bit smaller. I won't really analyze myself too harshly till 2 weeks have passed. This is going to be my 4th day on this diet and it really is way to soon to critique.

I'll post pictures on Thursday.

Today was my first scheduled cheat meal. I went out with the lady to Chilis and had a delicious burger with fries. I was also going to have dessert, but I was full and wasn't going to stuff myself and go overboard. Overall my calories for the day weren't out the roof. I was just slightly above the amount I eat daily which doesn't make me feel like a pig like other cheat meals do.

Overall I'm feeling good and ready for my workout tomorrow.

Well I've been keeping up with my diet. I think that I should feel great, but while I was waiting for my computer to get fixed at the mall I went to try on some jeans and that mirror sure did make me feel like a fat ass. I guess that this week has just gone by so slowly that I feel like it's been a month. I'm going to stick to it though. I can't lose all the weight in one week. I have to keep up.

I also need to buy a new scale because mine seems very unreliable. I really just need something to inspire me some more instead of make me feel like lard.

Update

DAY 8:

So I've finally completed a week on my Lyle McDonald program and I'm very happy with my progress.

I woke up today at 200 pounds making me about 5-7 pounds lighter than when I started exactly a week ago. I know that most of that weight is water weight and with my 5 hour carb up today, I've probably gained a lot of it back. That's fine though because I know it's just water and I've worked really hard.

Here are my updated stats from when I started in late May:
    Weight: -10 lbs
    Chest: -3 inches
    Arms: -0 inches
    Hips: +0.5 (I think I measured them incorrectly the first time)
    Waist: -2 inches
    Thighs: +1 (please be muscle)
    Calfs: -1 inches

My cheat worked out really well. I had olive garden and sorbet. Very satisfying. I think I'm ready to keep going on this diet again tomorrow and hopefully be able to lose 2 pounds by next thursday.

Special recognition:
    -My fat: for being there so I can look in the mirror and decide that it looks terrible so I shouldn't binge
    -Dyno: for the diet tips
    -My girlfriend: for the cardio and support
    -Lifetime fitness: for being open 24 hours a day to match my weird schedule
    -Chicken: for taking your own life so that I can have my protein

Pictures

Forgot to include these. I think that since I'm using the webcam on my computer, the angle is not helping to show the losses very well. I actually feel a lot leaner and my clothes are fitting so much better but here are the pictures anyways.

My love handles should be the last to go. Something you can't really see is my big fat ass. That's always where I gain weight the quickest and the weight loss for that area is not visible (I'm a nice guy. I wouldn't want to subject you guys to that).

Can anyone guestimate what my body fat percentage is? I'd say around 25% no?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by EvoSummer; 07-12-2007 at 11:36 AM.