lifter405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lifter405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is this enough sets for deadlift? Any help would be appreciated.

I do deadlift once every 7 days. Here are the lifts from my last workout:
    455x5
    465x5
    475x4
    485x3
    515x1
    My questions are: am i doing enough sets, and am i doing the right kinds of reps for improving my 1RM? I also do good mornings after my deads.
    god gave you a body now use it

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you're going for a 1rm for deadlift, you might wanna do so for only 3 weeks in a row.

i start low, below 50%, like say 30% and i work up from there to my new PR a friend of mine does it like that (oh btw, he deadlifts 671 pounds, natural ) :

10*30%
    7* 50%
    5* 65%
    3* 80%
    1* 90%
    1* 95%
    1* 10...%

i prefer keeping my reps noo higher than 3 once above 50 percent, and i usually end up doing like 7 sets or so before reaching my Pr.
    ow yeah, once the weight feels hard to do 3 reps with it (lile around 80%), i continue increasing the weight and doing singles

btw, to REALLY improve your 1rm : you gotta get the explosivity and the posterior chain -> so go do some goodmornings

hope this helps

odin999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I kind of disagree, if you get good rest and eat right you can do 1 reps for a very long time. But if you don't eat and rest right you will be toast in no time...
    Equipment: www.strongmanequipment.com
    Strongman Forum: www.strongmanequipment.com/forum

Don't accuse nature, she fulfilled her task; you must fulfill yours.

Hackenschmidt

odin999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry, those reps and sets look good. What kind of assistance work are you doing?
    Equipment: www.strongmanequipment.com
    Strongman Forum: www.strongmanequipment.com/forum

Don't accuse nature, she fulfilled her task; you must fulfill yours.

Hackenschmidt

Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well yeah, but i forgot to add something

3 weeks in a row for a particular lift. so i'd say to rotate you'r 1 rep exercises every three weeks, that way you can do 1rm almost all year round (with good food and good rest)

lifter405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lifter405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey odin999

sorry, i got a little confused. who's sets and reps look good, mine or deejay spikes. my only assistance excercises are good mornings and leg curls.

i think keepingthe reps lower while increasing wieght will keep you to burn out before you get to your 1rm

foor assistance i'd do more than just goodmornings.

leg curls suck, they're good for bodybuilders, but that's it :

you got a lots of assistance work, the key is variation : Dimel deadlifts, glute-ham raise, pull-thru’s, stiff legged deadlifts, zercher squats, seated good mornings, bent over good mornings, arch back good mornings, front squats, high bar squats, rack pulls, pulls off a block, and many more!

and as for my assistance exercices :

pull troughs - stiff legged - romanian - hyperextension - etc etc... i try to keep enough variation

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    great advice deejay_spike... your gettin to know your stuff!
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

hahahaha, well as much as i love to read, as much i love to expereiment the ****

thx for the compliment btw

btw i made myself a huge wsb routine+exercices+log file, i'll print it for when i start my new routine

so that file has :

- my routine
    - exercices assistance or max effort with explanations
    - cool exercises for firing up the hamstrings (thanx t-mag!)
    - my log : which i basically my routine with place to fill in mij exercises, sets and weights

if you want to look at it, here's the url :

http://users.chello.be/cr34222/WSB-exercises.doc

hey deejay spike, I want to get my 1RM higher for the deadlift. Are my reps right if i train deads once a week? Or should i be doing a set of 8 reps and maybe 3 or 4 sets of 5 reps?

if you really want your deadlift to go up, you should start doing other things than deadlifts

but if you're gonna do a 1rm on deadlift, i'd suggest you do it like that :

8* 30%
    5* 50%
    3* 65%
    3* 80%
    1* 90%
    1* 95%
    1* 10...%

i'd keep the 8 reps and 5 reps sets for your assistance exercises.

hope this helps

Registered User Teen powerliftr's Avatar
    Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teen powerliftr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mmmm...nothing like a good set of pull throughs with 200 or so pounds, it is a fast way to stop you from moving for quite awhile, your abs and spinea erectors, good mornings and stiff legs are also very VERY nice excercises spike and I have very similar techniques and I am sure we get our info from similar sources

Keep it up you european power dude :P

yeah, i'm trying

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles

Re: is this enough sets for deadlift? Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by lifter405
    I do deadlift once every 7 days. Here are the lifts from my last workout:
    455x5
    465x5
    475x4
    485x3
    515x1
    My questions are: am i doing enough sets, and am i doing the right kinds of reps for improving my 1RM? I also do good mornings after my deads.
    Suggestion write to this guy bodybuilderolympian15@hotmail.com
    Muscles