EADGBe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EADGBe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 month progress - 22lbs lighter

well, the first pic is of me at 192lbs. i've been working out regularly for a while but never watched my diet. but for the summer, i decided to cut down and watch my calorie intake. my calorie intake was at a steady 1200-1300 a day. it's a litte higher now. now i weigh 170lbs (2nd and 3rd pic) i use to weigh 250lb 2 years ago so i still have a little extra skin... kinda pisses me off. anyway, my ultimate goal is to look like ryan reynolds from blade: trinity (4th pic). tell me what you guys think. im going to bulk up after i lose another 5-8lbs.
    Attached Images
    6ft.
    175lbs
    Bench Max: 330lbs

that's all i got...

EADGBe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EADGBe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    flexing, kinda.
    Attached Images
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did you use any supplements to aid in your fat loss? Could you post a typical day's diet so we can see how you eat? I am trying to lose about 25 more lbs myself and looking for some good advice.

Originally Posted by AceRx
    Did you use any supplements to aid in your fat loss? Could you post a typical day's diet so we can see how you eat? I am trying to lose about 25 more lbs myself and looking for some good advice.
    Of course.

I have two different days: one for days i work and one for days i dont.

On a work day:

7am - wake up
    8am - arrive at work, eat a can of soup (200 calories)
    10am - eat a granola bar (120 calories)
    1pm - eat another can of soup
    3pm - another granola bar
    4pm to 7pm - i go to class (college) i get a small break and i eat another granola bar.
    7pm - i workout for an hour (mostly weights and some cardio)
    8pm - go home, eat some more soup

total calories = 980 calories (this is just the base, i leave 300-400 calories open for when i get cravings but work and school keeps me busy)

the days i dont work, it's about the same but i work out earlier at around 3pm and i adjust when i eat to that. hope it helps, it takes a bit of dedication and will power to eat only 1200-1300 calories.
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What supplements did you use?

What kind of soup are you eating?

Originally Posted by AceRx
    What supplements did you use?

What kind of soup are you eating?
    when i initially went from 250lb to 200lbs, i was using stacker 2 for about 2 months and i stopped. right now, im not using any supplements. youre going to have to check out this board for some good ones; maybe ripped fuel or something like that. as for the soup, im eating chicken noodle, chicken with rice, etc. soups with chicken in them tend to have less calories than the beef. it is usually in the 200-250 calorie range. hope this helps.
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

Chodeface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can bench 300?!

i max out at 300lbs, one time but i work out regularly with 225lbs. my chest is the only thing built on my body. ill take a close up pic of my chest flex later, then you can really feel the power =D
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you play guitar?

I'm just guessing cause of your name....

Originally Posted by The_Pain_Train
    Do you play guitar?

I'm just guessing cause of your name....
    yea i do. i get angry sometimes... mostly at not being able to hit the gym and i play guitar to relieve the stress. it's also helps with the ladies "omg you play guitar?!" *hump*
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Pain_Train will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EADGBe
    yea i do. i get angry sometimes... mostly at not being able to hit the gym and i play guitar to relieve the stress. it's also helps with the ladies "omg you play guitar?!" *hump*
    cool, what type of stuff are you into, i play too btw...

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hehehe... funny, that never worked with me and the piano. "OMG! You play the piano?!" *she grabs her purse and runs out the door*

You're making good progress. You can definitely see your muscle definition improving. The stage you're in now is where you basically define what your physique will look like in the longterm, so stay consistent. We're all products of our habits, so if you have good eating/workout habits, overtime your physique will definitely improve (and in some cases beyond what you expect).

So keep up the good work. We'll look forward to seeing your progress pics 3-6 months from now.

- Skip "Success is easy to find. It's down the street from Discipline and around the corner from Consistency."
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

Originally Posted by Abdominator
    Hehehe... funny, that never worked with me and the piano. "OMG! You play the piano?!" *she grabs her purse and runs out the door*

You're making good progress. You can definitely see your muscle definition improving. The stage you're in now is where you basically define what your physique will look like in the longterm, so stay consistent. We're all products of our habits, so if you have good eating/workout habits, overtime your physique will definitely improve (and in some cases beyond what you expect).

So keep up the good work. We'll look forward to seeing your progress pics 3-6 months from now.

- Skip "Success is easy to find. It's down the street from Discipline and around the corner from Consistency."
    thanks. i will definately post pics in 6 months. hopefully there will be bigger and more define muscles
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    :/ Wheres the protein son?

Of course.

I have two different days: one for days i work and one for days i dont.

On a work day:

7am - wake up
    8am - arrive at work, eat a can of soup (200 calories)
    10am - eat a granola bar (120 calories)
    1pm - eat another can of soup
    3pm - another granola bar
    4pm to 7pm - i go to class (college) i get a small break and i eat another granola bar.
    7pm - i workout for an hour (mostly weights and some cardio)
    8pm - go home, eat some more soup

total calories = 980 calories (this is just the base, i leave 300-400 calories open for when i get cravings but work and school keeps me busy)

the days i dont work, it's about the same but i work out earlier at around 3pm and i adjust when i eat to that. hope it helps, it takes a bit of dedication and will power to eat only 1200-1300 calories.

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bazzi
    :/ Wheres the protein son?
    lol yeh i really cant believe you cut like that. you could've had WAY more progress with better macromutrient ratios!!!

but you had a huge caloric deficit, so weight loss was bound to happen. but if you had better food content and the same caloric intake, you could've lost fat at a much higher rate.

but oh well, no use regretting the past, you got favorable results anyway. just concentrate on the future and gain more muscle. don't forget the protein this time though!

Originally Posted by quest-x
    lol yeh i really cant believe you cut like that. you could've had WAY more progress with better macromutrient ratios!!!

but you had a huge caloric deficit, so weight loss was bound to happen. but if you had better food content and the same caloric intake, you could've lost fat at a much higher rate.

but oh well, no use regretting the past, you got favorable results anyway. just concentrate on the future and gain more muscle. don't forget the protein this time though!
    i was cutting so i didnt know protein was important. i had around 70g a day on this diet. how could protein have helped in losing weight? i thought it was just more calories burned than calories eaten.
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    protein is what keeps your lbm alive!

omg that must be a ****load of sodium in your diet... damn..
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

yea, i had quite a bit of sodium in my diet (about 100-110% of daily value). i drink at least a gallon of water a day though, i dont know if that helps flush out the sodium or not.
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not flush it out but it helps dilute it..

you sure you only had like 100% of your dv???
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    not flush it out but it helps dilute it..

you sure you only had like 100% of your dv???
    a can of soup i ate had 31% sodium dv. so i only eat 93% + granola bars which are like 2-5% i think, i have checked so.. around 100-110% of my dv.

why is sodium bad for me? (im checking google right now for more info).
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Did someone mention Na?!

a can of soup i ate had 31% sodium dv. so i only eat 93% + granola bars which are like 2-5% i think, i have checked so.. around 100-110% of my dv.

Here's a webpage that talks about electrolytes:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question565.htm

Although this is an advertisement for a salt-free product, it does have a listing of the salt content of popular foods:

http://www.alsosalt.com/socounfo.html

In regards to bodybuilding, sodium is not only used in conjuction with potassium by your nervous system to control muscle contractions and nerve impulses, but sodium helps the body retain water. Most competitive bodybuilders try to eliminate most of the sodium from their diet near the competion as it prevents the crisp look of their musculature from appearing.

When it comes to losing weight though, if you were to just reduce your sodium intake, you'd lose a lot of weight in just water within the first 5 days. This is why people with high bloodpressure (hypertension) are encouraged to stay away from products containing sodium, because as your interior water levels increase, so does your blood volume, causing strain to already weakend bloodvessels.

I hope this helps.

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Be sure you're reading the lable right... the % of daily allotment is per serving and most soup cans contain 2 or more servings... you may be getting double or more than you think you are...

Rob

Originally Posted by rleeson
    Be sure you're reading the lable right... the % of daily allotment is per serving and most soup cans contain 2 or more servings... you may be getting double or more than you think you are...

Rob
    wow, sucks.. i totally forgot about doing that.. i only doubled the calories... not the sodium... sigh. oh well... im coming off this diet anyway =D
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow, sucks.. i totally forgot about doing that.. i only doubled the calories... not the sodium... sigh. oh well... im coming off this diet anyway =D

If you're getting twice the Calories, wouldn't that mean you're getting twice the Salt too???

Oh yeah... you have "tighten up" your body a good bit... good work... stick with it and you'll get there...

Rob
    Last edited by rleeson; 10-04-2004 at 10:23 AM.

it's 100 calories and 31% sodium per serving... 2 servings. i only doubled the calories but forgot to look at the sodium.

anyway, this forum helps with encouragement. looking to do a good amount of bulking up. not massive but definately bigger.

Originally Posted by rleeson
    :Confussed:
    If you're getting twice the Calories, wouldn't that mean you're getting twice the Salt too???

Oh yeah... you have "tighten up" your body a good bit... good work... stick with it and you'll get there...

Rob
    6ft.
    175lbs

that's all i got...