Registered User digitalgangsta3's Avatar
    digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Getting rid of pesky man-boobs?

Hey all, my first post.

Well, I have been in a weights lifting class for 2 years. Mostly I have done flat bench, but recently I have started doing incline and decline. Within the past few months, I have noticed I have these rather large, ugly man boobs. I'm not sure if it is from benching flat too much or from growing, but it is weird because I am 5'8, 135 pounds, so I am not fat, but I have these big, pointy man boobs Is there a benching excersie to get rid of them? They seem to be the lower, outside region of my pectorials, so I have tried widegrip flat bench but that seems to target just a bit higher then I would like.

Any advice? Is it from growing or something else? Thanks for any help.

Please don't flame me.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    How old are you?

digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) digitalgangsta3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its probably the gynomastecia nonsense. in other words, u have a little breast tissue but that's normal at your age. however, u say u've been doing flat bench only for a while and that tends to develop only the mid to lower chest muscles, leading to a rounded effect. work more on incline presses to bulk up your upper chest and it should level it out.
    1/01/2005 185 lbs 22.5%
    1/29/2005 181 lbs 20.5%
    6/26/2005 153 lbs 14.7% crap
    2/23/2008 ~202 lbs ~21% (crap again!)

Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey i would recommend seeing your doctor. It MIGHT be pernament and you would get minor surgery to get rid of it. (in the hospital and out the same day).

Thanks

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You still might have some fat on your body which causes it, but if its serious you can always get minor surgery to get rid of it.

roshvillian17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roshvillian17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roshvillian17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Get ripped (visible six-pack), and if you still have unsightly man boobs, go to your doc. Unless they really hamper your social life, wait untill after your teen years to get surgery. They are caused by all the juice your body is pushing through your system, and it could very well be when your body returns to the normal 'I don't get acne or need to jack off twice a day" mode they will dissapear. See your doc, and ask him about it though.

I am definatley not getting surgery, I just think it is because I am growing and such. (I'm growing a little later then others, so maybe it's true) Also, I got like lumps in it from some hormone I think, so maybe it is growing?

My question is, should I keep doing incline,decline,falt and widegrip to work it?

Has anybody else experienced this when they were growing?

Marshall Banana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get some Nolva.

wtf is nolva

It's a liquid you take orally to eliminate gynecomastia.

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Marshall Banana
    Doesn't quite work like that. Nolva is a prescription drug used by those who use not so natural methods as a post cycle treatment to keep estrogen in check and prevent gyno. They may even use it during the cycle if they notice gyno beginning, but it only stops it, it can't reverse whats done, otherwise no one would get the surgery they'd just use Nolva.
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe he's actually referring to the growth of the lower pec muscles which to a novice weight trainer can seem like man boobs when the rest of your body is small. If your shoulders and arms get bigger your pecs will seem smaller. Not everyone prefers a big chest look, believe it or not. I for one HATE having big pecs and just wish they were flat and just plain ripped.
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try cutting and see how it goes first. If your bodyfat is really low and you still got tits, you have bitch tits...

thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebrakes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jay Rawd
    Maybe he's actually referring to the growth of the lower pec muscles which to a novice weight trainer can seem like man boobs when the rest of your body is small. If your shoulders and arms get bigger your pecs will seem smaller. Not everyone prefers a big chest look, believe it or not. I for one HATE having big pecs and just wish they were flat and just plain ripped.
    probably because you have never had thick, full pecs that pop out of your chest, the type that show through ANY shirt and that are impossible not to notice....

clearly you are converting your self-consciousness about a subpar bodypart into a pretend dislike of what you havent obtained.

sorry to get all freud on you, but claiming your feelings of inferiority is the first step to fixing them.

AtrusDent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your a teenager, and many teenagers have man boobs just because, since out bodies are all messed up what with puberty and all. According to health class all this stuff evens out sometime in college.
    Cheeky cheeky non?

Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000) Tiger Driver is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like not having manboobs. They're rock hard and big.

JK~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Marshall Banana
    Nolva prevents, doesn't eliminate.

Anyways, its just puberty, if it still there after your 19, then its gymno, then you have to get surgery or live with it, the surgery costs from $4-10,000.

Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000) Dante^ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JK~

Anyways, its just puberty, if it still there after your 19, then its gymno, then you have to get surgery or live with it, the surgery costs from $4-10,000.

Plus it's a prescription.

I know it's usually used for prevention, but I read some study the other day that said it actually reduces gyno as well, both in fatty and lumpy gyno cases.

ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JK~

random question, im not sure if its been asked before, but would health insurance cover the cost of the surgery if you decided to get it?
    "Blank expression. Deer caught in the headlights. Ronnie Coleman doing trigonometry."

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ua94
    random question, im not sure if its been asked before, but would health insurance cover the cost of the surgery if you decided to get it?
    I highly doubt it because they'd dismiss it as "cosmetic." They dont cover cosmetic junk. oh well...
    1/01/2005 185 lbs 22.5%
    1/29/2005 181 lbs 20.5%
    6/26/2005 153 lbs 14.7% crap
    2/23/2008 ~202 lbs ~21% (crap again!)

Proteies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    chop them off with a kitchen knife

doms rule has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Ab Machine

Or You cold just try an ab belt the guys on the ab commercials sort everything in 10 minutes with them

Migee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Migee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Migee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Migee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Migee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Migee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Migee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by digitalgangsta3
    Hey all, my first post.

Well, I have been in a weights lifting class for 2 years. Mostly I have done flat bench, but recently I have started doing incline and decline. Within the past few months, I have noticed I have these rather large, ugly man boobs. I'm not sure if it is from benching flat too much or from growing, but it is weird because I am 5'8, 135 pounds, so I am not fat, but I have these big, pointy man boobs Is there a benching excersie to get rid of them? They seem to be the lower, outside region of my pectorials, so I have tried widegrip flat bench but that seems to target just a bit higher then I would like.

Any advice? Is it from growing or something else? Thanks for any help.

Please don't flame me.
    Dude, I've had the same problem, I still am having some troubles working out my pecs to become fuller as well. I read this article on this site somewhere, and it had a buncha Q and A from people like us. One of the questions asked was the same as yours, man boobs. Wanna know what the answer was? flat benching. The dude that asked the question said he did mostly flat benches, and rarely incline/decline.

Ive been doing incline/decline for awhile now and it really helps and I think im finally getting mine even. The guy that was answering said to STOP doing benches, and only do decline/incline if your going to work out your pecs. Dont worry about loosing weight on your pecks because the decline and incline will keep the meat on as long as you do them.

see how this works out for you bud.

-migee
    19 Yrs old 150 lb 5"10
    Currently Bulking | MAX-OT
    Deads: 240lbs M/R
    Bench: 220lbs M/R
    Curl: 110 lbs M/R
    Squats: N/A Back problems, low reps only.

Weightlifting helps me lift the other weights in life.

well...

well I've determined it's one of two things....thanks for all the help guys

It's either from too much flat bench, or growing...maybe some backround info would help?

Last year at this point I was 5'4 120 pounds. Now I'm 5'9 140 pounds. I noticed them around a year ago. So it may be that...

I started benching a year ago and still bench. I just do like 10 reps of my max a week and that's it....

Well it's weird. I wish they were pecs...but they are flabby and spikey...so I'm going to have to chalk this up to growing,

I'm defnatley going to do decline and incline from now on. I won't bench over break and see if anything happens. Thanks guys for helping me with my pathetic problem

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thebrakes
    probably because you have never had thick, full pecs that pop out of your chest, the type that show through ANY shirt and that are impossible not to notice....

clearly you are converting your self-consciousness about a subpar bodypart into a pretend dislike of what you havent obtained.
    Actually, that is EXACTLY the kind of pecs I'm referring to. Impossible not to notice, full, the whole package. I have good chest genetics. The reason I don't like them is because they make my shoulders seem smaller, and I never was a fan of big pecs. You know how some guys have a bodypart they want to grow really bad? Well, it's the opposite with me. My pecs don't look bad, and they're not tits, either. I just don't like them dwarfing my shoulders. Big delts appeal more to me than a big chest. My pecs show through ANY shirt, and I hate that. Don't try to tell me what my own pecs look like.
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this man had a name and his name was bob....this man had a name and his name was bob
    "diet today kicked ass.. had steak and oatmeal for breakfast lol..." - Twisted Steal

"...all i have to say is I hope to god everyone weighing 140 has a 6pack" - BOZZ (the vet)

It's really getting depressing...I read a book and it says it's all normal, but it is still pissing me off.

My nipples are acting kinda crazy too. They are always ****ing big, so I might pierce them to make them stay small, and my chest doesnt look as bad then