rollinwkd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knee pain while bending down

I have been experiencing pain when I bend my knee.

It feels kind of like something being stretched really tight over the knee cap, and a sharp pain in back of knee.
    My left knee doesn't bother me at all. And my right one is only when I bend it up to the the point where my calf is close or touching the hamstring, kind of like when get down on your shins and lean back on your feet. That kills me in my right knee. Its like if i stretch it out it will stop. Then after awhile it starts back up.

Anyone else???
    Rollin Wicked Productions

King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50) King Viscera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like it might be a tight patellar ligament. Do ham, quad, and gastroc stretchs everyday 3-5 sets, 30-60 second holds for a few weeks and see how that helps. You could also, do some leg extesnions and leg curls a few times a weeks to get a better balance between you quads and hamstrings, light/ moderate weight.

Hangmanzx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just went to the doctors for a very similar injury. My pain is usually on the outside of my right knee. The doctor told me he though it was a strained Lateral Colateral Ligament. I got X-Ray's taken and I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor.

He told me just to lay off the knee for a few weeks then start off light. Hope this helps.

MontanaPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not trying to be rude i just thought the lateral colateral ligament was funny, its cruciate if you care.

Also try strengthening your hips with some adduction and abduction which may be a culprit for knee pain if weak. ice and stretch man gl

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hangmanzx View Post
    I just went to the doctors for a very similar injury. My pain is usually on the outside of my right knee.
    I may have the same injury. Mine is the right knee also, right on the boney point at the top of the shin. Is it quite a sharp pain? Does it hurt when you press on that area?

Keep me posted, I'm hoping it's not to serious.

rollinwkd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not like it hurts when i walk or bend over it just hurts when i bend down or kneeling, to where my calfe is tounching my ham and hurts worse when i lean back and put pressure on my feet, or when im on my knees and calfe is touching ham and feet extended out behind me, i switched from building house to doin cabinets so im bending down alot more than i was especially when im installing.
    Last edited by rollinwkd; 06-28-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    Rollin Wicked Productions

Hangmanzx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flangmasterj View Post
    I may have the same injury. Mine is the right knee also, right on the boney point at the top of the shin. Is it quite a sharp pain? Does it hurt when you press on that area?

Keep me posted, I'm hoping it's not to serious.
    Yup, sounds like the same damn thing. Still waiting for my doctor.

sounds like patellar tendonitis. quick question do you have a bump underneath your knee and at one point did you guys grow rapidly and maybe too fast causing osgood schlaughters just wondering it may be that. but yeh stretches, ice, chill out a little all that good stuff you hate to hear.

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MontanaPT View Post
    sounds like patellar tendonitis. quick question do you have a bump underneath your knee and at one point did you guys grow rapidly and maybe too fast causing osgood schlaughters just wondering it may be that. but yeh stretches, ice, chill out a little all that good stuff you hate to hear.
    Bang on. I've had a large lump below my knee since I was 11 or so. Doesn't cause any problems just hurts like **** when it get's knocked.

well yeh sounds like i was right. should at least comfort you a bit knowing it isn't anything serious most likely.