Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

water depletion lasix aldactone

any top notch bodybuilders that compete on the regular and use prescription diaretics have any advice on what to use and how. I have lasix and aldactone on hand. I have done good without these but I think it's needed because the over the counter stuff is just not doing it any more. No disrespect to the inexperineced guys but I'm looking for advice from veterans and guys who place #1 and make it to the overall pose downs in national qualifing shows if any are on this site. thanks

Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Coming in dry:
    "SleepLifter"
    well first you have to be sure if you really are retaining water, or if that's just an excuse for not being lean enough.
    Its simple really, you don't need diuertics. Drink 2+ gallons of water a day leading up to the show so that your body is used to ex elling water at aregular rate. Then the night before the show, cut the water out. This way, your body will regulate naturally and continue to flush even though you have stoped drinking. The day of the show, just sip at the water.

str8flexed
    don't cut water out... YOU CAN'T TRICK YOUR BODY. Your water balance isn't regulated by the day, or even the hour... it's regulated by THE MINUTE! If you cut out water the night before a show I garuntee you will be flat and stringy and unable to get a pump, not to mention you won't shed interstitial water
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm read the final week section
    Greater Knox BB 06 , 8 of 13 , Novice.

Battle At The River 07 , 5 of 7 , JMW

Greater Knox classic 07 , 8 of 9 JMW

Battle at the River 08 , 4 of 4 JMW Masters crossover

cage fight record 1-1
    1st fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGcQZCtgV4

2nd fight vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6dZyZbUZc4

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

using and not using are 2 different things

Not sure but this would have to be answered by the guys that dabble in that side of the sport, even though a lot of the science and research done by Layne and Dr. Joe can still work for users.

I would not dabble in the lasix and would keep water a lot higher.

Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea i think the other side uses it to pull water and then they replace it with the carb load , before the show , but i still see no need , i came in holding no water this time no wrinkles in my back.

They say the most anyone needs is a natural diuretic , if even that.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Power-Quest; 06-27-2007 at 05:25 PM.

cage fight record 1-1

Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ldubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 5 weeks out and looking very good. This will be my 6th show, so I'm not new to it. Got a body fat test today and I'm 5'10" 233.25lbs @ 6.2% bodyfat. So I got time to drop another 2%. Just had a little problem with water in my last show. I used taraxatone and didn't like the results.
    Last edited by Ldubb; 06-27-2007 at 08:42 PM.

www.bellonsbodyworks.biz bellonsbodywork's Avatar
    bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10) bellonsbodywork is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Using those compounds is really a gamble. I would spend more time working with water and salt manipulation without those drugs. The body wants to stay in balance with itself. Basically you can really hurt your body so please be careful.
    www.bellonsbodyworks.biz
    www.tamibellon.com
    www.prowriststraps.com/

I used the lasix once in a previous show but I think I didn't time it just right. Anabolics 2007 give some info on useing the 2 compounds together and I'm going to give it a try for my first show this year. I will be posting pics soon.

Registered User user67233783783's Avatar
    user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user67233783783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not a fan of either...aldac is to weak and lasix is hard to time with a tab. BEST thing to do is EXPERIMENT..do a test run and see how you react. I do my pills thursday night and coast on friday...if all looks good friday night I hold on if not one more and Iam good to go

I'm telling you follow Laynes advice on water and you will do so much better at coming in full and dry , the other way is a gamble , Laynes method is tried and true you can look at all the people he has trained for shows and how dry they look , It works for non Naturals, this i do know.

Several of the other competitors did the same thing at my show , including Akers that placed 1st.

Just my honest opinion , let us know how it turns out either way you go.

Rob

This pic was last year with using lasix , notice the water wrinkles in my back , smoother look , my legs were smooth , this year was the better way.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Power-Quest; 06-28-2007 at 09:43 AM.

cage fight record 1-1

TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dont mess around with lasix.

Period.

Layne's article sound very impressive and I may give it a try. I think I'm going to experiment with the 2 compounds 2 weeks out just 2 see what happens. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Diesel025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just agreeing with everyone else here...if you make sure you do everything right with your water...there won't be any need for lasix...I don't stop drinking until around 8pm the night before a 10am pre-juding...and I am usually one of the driest people there. Remember that your muscles are mostly water too...so if you suck yourself dry with a strong diuretic..you will come in flat. With the proper carb-up and water timing...your muscles will be their biggest ever, and your skin will look paper thin.

All of this is only true if you have stripped your body of all fat first...the most common mistake I see is people over-estimating how lean they are. They hear their friends, who aren't competitors, telling them how crazy lean they look...when really they needed a few more weeks of dieting to be ready for a show. If you aren't lean enough, no amount of final week scrambling will help you out...and more often than not...it will just make you look worse.

Whatever you choose to do...I would recommend keeping a very detailed record of everything...that way you can look back to see where to change things...making it easier to make improvements with every show...

parneetsingh17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what should be the water intake with lasix....??? 7 days left for competition...i will use lasix for 5 days here is my schedule...

day1- 120mg
    day2 - 120 mg
    day3- 160mg
    day 4 -160mg

alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ldubb View Post
    any top notch bodybuilders that compete on the regular and use prescription diaretics have any advice on what to use and how. I have lasix and aldactone on hand. I have done good without these but I think it's needed because the over the counter stuff is just not doing it any more. No disrespect to the inexperineced guys but I'm looking for advice from veterans and guys who place #1 and make it to the overall pose downs in national qualifing shows if any are on this site. thanks
    Im the bald guy.... and this is the Pose down at the NPC USA, one of the biggest and best amateur shows in the nation.. Cross my heart, No diuretics were used or needed.

Trust me, I have won my class a few times at big national qualifying shows.. And i have done the NPC nationals 3 times, 07,08,09 and The USA in 05,06 ( placing first in my class in 06).

I have done a lot of preps for others too and diuretics are not part of the prep.. I can post many pics of me and people i know that can get super lean and dry without them..

Messing with the stuff is really a crap shoot.. thats the best advise i can give you..

Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keithfabbri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by parneetsingh17 View Post
    what should be the water intake with lasix....??? 7 days left for competition...i will use lasix for 5 days here is my schedule...

day1- 120mg
    day2 - 120 mg
    day3- 160mg
    day 4 -160mg
    NO, NO, NO. Lasix usage. (if needed) 20mg on wed, 20 mg on thurs, 20 mg on friday morning. Keep water a little higher wed, cut in 1/2 on thurs and again friday. no water after 7pm. Check condition at 7pm on friday. if you are dry, do nothing. if you are a little watery, do nothing, if you are holding too much water, take another 20mg. and get ready to piss all night. You do not need a lot of Lasix. Dyazide would be a safer choice. if you use Lasix, you must use potassium and magnesium to offset cramping.
    The biggest weights are hoisted by the biggest guys!

Live2Run has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Figure

Originally Posted by user67233783783 View Post
    not a fan of either...aldac is to weak and lasix is hard to time with a tab. BEST thing to do is EXPERIMENT..do a test run and see how you react. I do my pills thursday night and coast on friday...if all looks good friday night I hold on if not one more and Iam good to go
    I am doing my first NPC show in 10 days. Are you taking 1 lasix per day starting Thursday (another depending on how you look on Friday)? When taking Lasix are you taking a potassium supplement too?