xxwassyxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

tricep pain when doing flies

I have tried to do some research on this to see what I may be doing wrong. But it seems most people get pain in the shoulder/deltoid area. I don't believe thats where I am getting discomfort tho.

Basically when I do a fly of any kind, reverse, incline, flat, I notice a great deal of discomfort in my right tricep area. It feels like its from the pic I attached tricep head C. Again I am still a little new so please don't flame me for ignorance. I'm just trying to figure this out.

I had my wife watch me to see if there is something different I do with the right arm in comparison to the left. She said i dip the right a little lower, but other than that nothing. Naturally this messes up my form as the pain is unbearable on certain movements to keep a valid form.
    I have watched video after video to try see if i am doing anything wrong but just cannot seem to nail it down.

A side not, I believe I have had this as far back as I can remember to my high school days. Cannot isolate any kind of injury that may have caused it if there was one.
    Attached Images

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xxwassyxx View Post
    I have tried to do some research on this to see what I may be doing wrong. But it seems most people get pain in the shoulder/deltoid area. I don't believe thats where I am getting discomfort tho.

Basically when I do a fly of any kind, reverse, incline, flat, I notice a great deal of discomfort in my right tricep area. It feels like its from the pic I attached tricep head C. Again I am still a little new so please don't flame me for ignorance. I'm just trying to figure this out.

I had my wife watch me to see if there is something different I do with the right arm in comparison to the left. She said i dip the right a little lower, but other than that nothing. Naturally this messes up my form as the pain is unbearable on certain movements to keep a valid form.
    I have watched video after video to try see if i am doing anything wrong but just cannot seem to nail it down.

A side not, I believe I have had this as far back as I can remember to my high school days. Cannot isolate any kind of injury that may have caused it if there was one.
    A lot of people experience comfort in the Brachialis muscle (which lies almost between bicep and tricep) when performing flies. The muscle works mostly during isometric elbow flexion (a good example of which being flies).

I get it from time to time, sometimes if I ever do fly movements. Could be an old strain/injury.

xxwassyxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by doughnut91 View Post
    A lot of people experience comfort in the Brachialis muscle (which lies almost between bicep and tricep) when performing flies. The muscle works mostly during isometric elbow flexion (a good example of which being flies).

I get it from time to time, sometimes if I ever do fly movements. Could be an old strain/injury.
    Actually thats very comforting knowing that it can be somewhat common or others get it. At least now I can maybe lookup ways to strengthen that if possible.