lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I love deadlifts and squats

but Ive been having some lower back issues.

I went through MRI. My doc said nothing bad with the spine just a pulled muscle. Im on pain killers and muscle relaxents. Id like to start back on my HST cycle that included squats and deadlifts in it. But im scared I can do some permanant damage.

Any suggestions for alternatives maybe?

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lucid
    but Ive been having some lower back issues.

I went through MRI. My doc said nothing bad with the spine just a pulled muscle. Im on pain killers and muscle relaxents. Id like to start back on my HST cycle that included squats and deadlifts in it. But im scared I can do some permanant damage.

Any suggestions for alternatives maybe?
    How much weight were you using, and how many sets? Were you stretching and using a belt? As long as you did not have a slipped disc, you should be OK in the long run. I would suggest start back SLOWLY - repeat, SLOWLY. Start by using the stationary bike, then work up to one easy set of each, before you go whole hog again.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pulled muscles generally don't take all that long to heal. Why not just wait it out?

Better than risking a reinjury on sush a crucial body part.

Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't start up again with deadlifts and squats for a while. Your regular doctor may say that you shouldn't ever do them again (doctors tend to be like that) but go to a sports doctor and get his opinion on when it's safe to lift again.

Tips to keep a healthy spine when lifting: STRETCH YOUR HIP FLEXORS! Every day, after every training session.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you just pulled a muscle...i don't see how that equates to permanent injury unless you lift while it's still healing.
    <->

ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zackmurphy
    Pulled muscles generally don't take all that long to heal. Why not just wait it out?

True enough. The time off will only help you long-term.

IronStoner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    um, here's an idea: maybe if u pulled a muscle in your back, u shouldnt work it until it heals?

i swear some people are just not very smart at all.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IronStoner
    um, here's an idea: maybe if u pulled a muscle in your back, u shouldnt work it until it heals?

i enjoyed the - 'i just broke my leg, should i still try to squat' threads
    <->

NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoChemicals is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zackmurphy

Yea dude, just wait and let it heal and focus on other body parts and use other leg excercises such as leg presses or lying leg curls to replace squats and deadlifts.

lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IronStoner

smart?

if you havent noticed i asked if there are some other alternative exercises i can do in the mean time.

ive been having back problems since ever i took Accutane. doing deadlifts just pulled my back and ive had sharp pains for weeks.

no one knows why i have back pains from Accutane. but the MRI showed that I have a pulled muscle. and its been like this for over 6 weeks now...started showing signs of improvment lately though.

so before you go and try to be a smartass. know the facts.