Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Reverse Overhead Lateral Raises

Anybody do these?
    I read about them in Arnold's Encyclepedia. It appears to work the medial and posterior delts very similar to lateral raises but without any chance of cheating.

Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Anderson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [$AJ auto reply]

Sounds like it would be hard on the r/c. r/c injury = no good.

[end auto reply]

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eric_FXST
    Anybody do these?
    I read about them in Arnold's Encyclepedia. It appears to work the medial and posterior delts very similar to lateral raises but without any chance of cheating.
    If you are talking about the ones that are "popular with British Bodybuilders"-I think it's front delts and traps.

Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson
    I play the meat flute

I can't seem to picture them or recall ever hearing of them. Link please?

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anybody do these?
    Yeah, I do those. They are really tailored for hitting the anterior(front) delts with some medial delt involvement. I do mine with a hammer grip to get the medial delts more involved.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Meta
    I can't seem to picture them or recall ever hearing of them. Link please?
    They are at the bottom of the shoulder exercise section at www.abcbodybuilding.com

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they look good.

Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    They are at the bottom of the shoulder exercise section at www.abcbodybuilding.com
    Thanks, look like DB flies but being upright.

Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thudd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do them occasionally for something different, or at the end of a shoulder workout if I want to give them some extra punishment. But for oddball side delt exercises, my favourite are W presses. No potential RC problems with that one!
    You're my wife now

Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    Yeah, I do those. They are really tailored for hitting the anterior(front) delts with some medial delt involvement. I do mine with a hammer grip to get the medial delts more involved.
    Well, screw that then. I could swear they were stated as a medial, posterior exercise with secondary emphasis placed upon traps. All three of those in which I need work.
    As for the anterior head, hell every form of dumbbell press hits that.

I just thought the feel of them would be better than that of a standing side or rear lateral.

Thanks DD/Widebody!

Question

Originally Posted by Thudd
    my favourite are W presses
    W presses?

Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    W presses?
    Instead of pressing the dumbells up, you press them outward. The name comes from the position of your arms at the bottom of the motion, as your forearms are angled out instead of straight up and down.

Originally Posted by Jotun
    Instead of pressing the dumbells up, you press them outward. The name comes from the position of your arms at the bottom of the motion, as your forearms are angled out instead of straight up and down.
    O.K., call me stupid. But, would it resemble a standing bench press?

Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    O.K., call me stupid. But, would it resemble a standing bench press?
    Not sure I understand the question, but to give a better description think about the path your hands follow when pressing a barbell overhead. Your hands are at a fixed width that the barbell keeps them at. You do this with the dumbells in a W press, so you must focus on not only pressing up, but also pressing out to keep your hands from coming closer together when your press overhead. Your hands should be closer together at the bottom of the motion than they are when you have pressed the dumbells overhead. Does that make sense?
    These are much harder than traditional dumbell presses, as the leverage of the movement and constant tension on the delts decreases the amount of weight you should effectively be able to handle.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    awesome exercise
    Chicks dig big calves

Wink

Originally Posted by Jotun
    Not sure I understand the question, but to give a better description think about the path your hands follow when pressing a barbell overhead. Your hands are at a fixed width that the barbell keeps them at. You do this with the dumbells in a W press, so you must focus on not only pressing up, but also pressing out to keep your hands from coming closer together when your press overhead. Your hands should be closer together at the bottom of the motion than they are when you have pressed the dumbells overhead. Does that make sense?
    These are much harder than traditional dumbell presses, as the leverage of the movement and constant tension on the delts decreases the amount of weight you should effectively be able to handle.
    Ah!
    I thought when you said outward, you meant straight ahead(in FRONT of your body). Kinda like a standing bench press. I was thinking that would have to be hell on the rotator cuffs and elbows.
    Now I see what you meant. A standard db press. But, as you press upwards the dumbbells angle out and up. So, they are further apart at the top, then at the bottom of the movement.
    Cool!
    Next week!!!!

Ah!
    I thought when you said outward, you meant straight ahead(in FRONT of your body). Kinda like a standing bench press. I was thinking that would have to be hell on the rotator cuffs and elbows.
    Now I see what you meant. A standard db press. But, as you press upwards the dumbbells angle out and up. So, they are further apart at the top, then at the bottom of the movement.
    Cool!
    Next week!!!!
    Good stuff. My brain hurts now, so I'm going to go back to doing my chemistry analysis

JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson
    [$AJ auto reply]

Sounds like it would be hard on the r/c. r/c injury = no good.

[end auto reply]
    rofl, aj take care of this!
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

"If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got".