kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa

a big meal or whey after training?

my whey only contains protein not carbs.(thats why i bought cause its cheaper and can be mixed with milk in seconds).
    after a workout would it better to have a meal with consists of 40g protein and lots of carbs or would the whey.

bow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After a working out you want a fast digesting drink containing 25% Protein and 50% Carbs. Use 25 grams of Whey Isolate, 25 grams of dextrose and 25 grams of maltodextrin. Add 5 grams of BCAA's and 5 grams of glutamine. Consider adding creating and ribose to the drink.

After on hour, then eat a solid meal.
    Player to Player, Pimp to Pimp

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by bow
    After a working out you want a fast digesting drink containing 25% Protein and 50% Carbs. Use 25 grams of Whey Isolate, 25 grams of dextrose and 25 grams of maltodextrin. Add 5 grams of BCAA's and 5 grams of glutamine. Consider adding creating and ribose to the drink.

After on hour, then eat a solid meal.
    What about the other 25%?
    Where do i find creating?(jk)
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Lonny

What about the other 25%?
    Where do i find creating?(jk)
    lol man..
    MOD @ www.anabolicminds.com

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol....he meant creatine.

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    25grams of protein after a workout? I personally opt for about 60grams and around 80grams of carbs. Yep, even when bulking.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I meant even when cutting.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz

TPRES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kappa keep it simple and use what you have, there is nothing that says you must drink the same drink that others use, or more experienced lifters use. Get a good sports drink with lots of sugar in it and mix your whey with that to get the carbs you need. Try to get at around 30 grams of whey and 50 grams of simple carbs (sugar). This may force you to be creative. Use 16 ox of gatoraid for 28 grams of sugar, mix your whey in with this. Then have some solid food containing carbs and sugar, oatmeal bars are great for this. The key is to get the total carbs and protein that you need. A few tips if you choose to use straight whey use only around 30 grams, anymore and you are just wasting it. If you choose to go with the whey make sure that you eat a good solid meal within 45min to 1 hour post workout. If you wait any longer than that you will rebound into a negative nitrogen balance. Make this solid food meal a very large protein meal 60-80 grams of protein from chicken, steak or another meat source. As you get a little more experience you will probably want to add other supps, and you will probably figure out what works best for your body. In the meantime do not get so caught up in the exact make up of your postworkout meal, just keep it simple and try to follow the basic rules that have been outlined for you and watch yourself grow.

Not trying to start anything TPRES, but using more than 30grams of whey after a workout is not wasting anything. After a workout a person could absorb as much as 120grams some have said. At other times of the day, pushing more than 3 or 4 grams of whey would be a waste. There is no set rule as to how much your body can absorb in a certain amount of time, because it depends on when you are taking it. Just a thought.

Younggunz your are not starting anything so toss out your opinion bro, trust me I don't view things like that. I prefer open think tanks where everyone intelligent enough to have an opinion can express it. I have seen quite a bit of literature that states that too much whey protein at one time leads to whey being oxidized for energy. I am sure you have heard the same thing, and I have also seen it stated that postworkout you can absorb more than at all other times of the day. So we have no argument there. The question then becomes how much whey is too much post workout? I don't think that anyone has ever given a definitive answer on that one, but I will tell a short story to explain why I view it the way I do. I have an aquantance whom will remain nameless who has done some contracting with supp companies to help them design protein. He has stated without question that the companies have misrepresented whey protein, and the end result is that consumers take more than can be utilized at a single sitting. The thing is according to this gentlemen the companies all know this and it is like a little inside joke. They increase the serving size to like 55 grams a serving even though they know that much of this will be oxidized for energy. The end result is that they sell more protein. My friend who has moved on to bigger and better told me without question that he and some of his associates had some solid proof that large servings of whey end up being oxidized, but the supp companies didn't want to hear it. Bigger is better ya know. The thing is I trust this guy and he has really influenced the way that I view protein supplementation, and total protein intake. I draw a lot of my views from past conversations with this gentlemen and that is where I come up with my slightly "anti-whey" stance. I will not argue with you if you feel that larger amounts of whey postworkout are good for you, then go for it. Everyone must do what works best for them. In my case I will continue to take in 20-25 grams of whey postworkout combined with my egg and cassein. To each his own if you know what I mean.

Hmmm? Very interesting stuff. I would still wonder about using things like casein and egg along with whey right after a workout, seeing as it would slow the whey down. You're right though, I haven't heard anything about whey being oxidized for energy, at least not after a workout. Nothing is written in stone yet I guess about that. Of course if it were written in stone, this science wouldn't be nearly as fun. Thanks for your input.

Originally posted by Younggunz
    Hmmm? Very interesting stuff. I would still wonder about using things like casein and egg along with whey right after a workout, seeing as it would slow the whey down. You're right though, I haven't heard anything about whey being oxidized for energy, at least not after a workout. Nothing is written in stone yet I guess about that. Of course if it were written in stone, this science wouldn't be nearly as fun. Thanks for your input.
    Younggunz I still don't believe that adding cassein and or egg to whey will slow the whey down to any great extent, certainly not enough to effect your bodies ability to absorb it. I certainly could be wrong but I have yet to see anything conclusive on this. In the studies we performed in college we found that rates of digestion were not affected much at all with addition of other foods that digest at a different rate. That is why I believe that adding a slower digesting protein to whey will not affect the rate of digestion enough to cause a problem. It will give something for the backside of the whey, however, as the way expires in a relatively quick fashion.

Kenneth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is what I have been saying all along. Everyone is repeating the same mantra that adding casein or what ever will slow down the digestion of whey. There is no scientific basis for such assertion. If you simply mix 2 materials together, there is no reason how that would affect their respective digestive properties.

It is also interesting that people are repeating that adding a couple of teaspoons of flax oil will slow down the digestion of whey. There is no basis for that neither.
    aka : K, K (same)