JJK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

College Football, how to make it?

Im 17 and havent played organized football in High School, the seasons already started and I dont see a point in joining and not getting any playing or learning experience, so do any of u know any got books or instructional videos on the fundamentals of playing defensive back or wide out? I seen a couple but havent been sure of their usefullness enough to buy it. Im gonna go to community college for 2 years and then hopefully transfer to a school in New england so i'll be training for 2 years but the community college doesent have a team so ill probly try out for the semi pro league in NY. So does anyone know any books or anything that could help? Thanks.

˝Man˝Amazing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's no way dude. I'm dead serious. You're not going to be a D-1 football player if you've never played organized football on ANY level. Sorry, but unless you're already an amazing athlete you better just forget about it.

There's tons of great HS football players out there who will never play D-1. The odds of you making it are a billion to one. Trying to make it by using an instuctional video or book, and your odds are about a trillion to one.

wheredabud714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what that guy said ....sorry to say is total bs...you have a pretty good chance if you never played ball in hs play @ a JC n give it your best shot alot more recruiters at a JC and nah it aint hard to play at a div1 school cause i actually know alot of people that made it....ya you mite not play but you can make the team but totally disregard what that guy said

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by wheredabud714
    what that guy said ....sorry to say is total bs...you have a pretty good chance if you never played ball in hs play @ a JC n give it your best shot alot more recruiters at a JC and nah it aint hard to play at a div1 school cause i actually know alot of people that made it....ya you mite not play but you can make the team but totally disregard what that guy said
    He said the community college he's going to go to does not have a team.

To the original poster, you should join the HS team even if you don't get much playing time. You will learn a lot in practice. I doub't you'll be ready for college ball the way you're going though. Definitely not D1 and I'm sure you're aware of that. But even D2 has some pretty damn good players who were just too small to play D1. They will have years of experience ahead of you so you should start as early as possible. The semi-pro thing may be a good idea too but I'd definitely try for the HS team first.
    Last edited by sculli; 09-28-2004 at 03:00 PM.

BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigOd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you train hard it will pay off. I don't know about D-1 but with a solid running and lifting program you can do it. Remember that coaches can teach technique not speed. So start running and what not.

HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you never play in highschool, you have no chance at d3 nevermind d1

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HoboWithaRolex
    if you never play in highschool, you have no chance at d3 nevermind d1
    I wouldn't go quite that far.

Deerexing887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would definitely say you shouuld go out for your HS team. You'll learn a lot and you'll learn technique, training, and how to be part of a team. Trying to play college ball without ever playing football before seems like it'd be rather on the impossible side. Go out, get in shape, learn how to make a tackle, work your ass off and you'll be that much closer.

It's not like I've been through your situation. However, I'm presuming that it'd be a tad bit harder to make a competitive team (esp if they recruit) if you've never played before.

My advice is go join your HS team. Besides, it builds character.
    Your achievement is only limited by your desire...

...not really, but it sounds nice.

Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im playing in a semi pro league right now(my grades werent good enough to play for my hs team), and we had two kids come down join the team spend 300 bucks on equiment never played orgininized football, got layed out every freaken practice, got yelled by the coaches because they didnt no what they where doing, and now they quite, 300 bucks down the drain. Also they would be hurting everyday.

Originally Posted by wheredabud714
    Give me a break. This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Disregard what I said? Why? 'Cause it's the 100% truth?

It's like being a 19 year old, who's never lifted a weight before in his life, saying "I want to be a National Teen Bodybuilding Finalist". Well, that's a nice goal. But sorry, it's too late for you. You're too old at this point.

Same deal for this guy. Listen to me, HoboWithaRolex, and Tank. All 3 of us know what we're talking about. The rest of these people are naive, misinformed kids.

I guess imma try out for the colleges basketball team instead, a sport I actually played on a team and know what to do, ha. Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by JJK
    I guess imma try out for the colleges basketball team instead, a sport I actually played on a team and know what to do, ha. Thanks for the replies.
    Working out and being athletic is good. Just trying to be realistic with you. If you want to try college sport, go for it. But it's EXTREMELY difficult, so you better not be completely new to the sport.

Im not new to basketball. But hey I appreciate it but I ****ed around, did the bad things in high school. So if I dont try my hardest in the next two years for anything, be it school, sports or myself then i'll feel I wasted the last 4 years making wrong decisions. But thanks though.

LifeLiquid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do what you wish, all you have to do is train harder then everyone else and it will pay off.
    www.myspace.com/ukbarnaby

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in agreement with the guys saying that you wont be able to walk on and play D1 ball w/o any past experience. If you're serious about wanting to play, go to a JC that does have football or play on a club team or your high school team or something.

You might be an incredibly gifted and talented athlete, but you have to keep in mind that the kids playing D1 are also gifted, talented athletes and they also have great technique, skill and experience.

Goodluck bro, but if you are serious about playing D1 ball, you have to learn the basics before you step on the field.
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job