Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Jello to tighten skin

I read on here that you can use Jello to help tighten skin...
    This might sound dumb... but, does this include sugar free jello?

The Smith Machine Sucks Ravenous_T's Avatar
    Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you talking topically or ingesting it?

This is really odd. If you are talking about ingesting, I would think it's just BS because of the collagen content. Some people say that it strengthens hair,skin, and nails, but I think it's a load of crap. Jello is way too processed for it to have any effect.
    Looking for a Dating Service?
    www.personalsguide.net

Sex and Dating Books:
    http://www.personalsguide.net/dating_and_sex_books/index.htm

atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i agree with the gym goddress.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, sugar free is fine. It's a common known home remedy, it's too bad my bb counterparts refuse to believe anything but protein and ephedra can be good for you..........

Run some google searches if you really want more info.

And yes, you injest it.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

The Smith Machine Sucks Ravenous_T's Avatar
    Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skelooth
    Yeah, sugar free is fine. It's a common known home remedy, it's too bad my bb counterparts refuse to believe anything but protein and ephedra can be good for you..........

Run some google searches if you really want more info.

And yes, you injest it.

Actually I have read up on collagen's effect on skin. The fact is, jello (which is gelatin) is way too processed to be of any benefit. It falsfied for years that jello would help your skin, hair and nails. If you want collagen, get from the best sources - MEAT.

Edit: I also wanted to add that your comment about protein and ephedra was a pretty close minded assumption. Don't assume that because I don't follow your beliefs on jello being good for skin that I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Looking for a Dating Service?
    www.personalsguide.net

Sex and Dating Books:
    http://www.personalsguide.net/dating_and_sex_books/index.htm

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the general aura of certain people I've encountered here. It's great that people are bodybuilders, but a lot of people on this site throw proper nutrition (balanced diet) and common sense right out the window. Sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you.

edit:

http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeat...beautiful.html

i hit up google and there's hundreds of articles both FOR and AGAINST jello as a skin tightening agent. Just because something is processed, does not mean it's lost 100% of it's nutritional value.
    Last edited by skelooth; 09-29-2004 at 03:46 AM.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How much jello do you need?
    How much do you eat a day?
    and how long does it take til it starts to take effect?

also
    Does it matter if you actually chil it and eat it solid.. or can you just drink it?

thanks

You know, I really don't know. It probably doesn't matter if you chill it, so you *could* just drink it. If you're going to just drink it, buy unflavored jello and flavor it yourself, so that you don't eat all that sugar. As for quantity.... :shrug: Just eat a lot. A box a night or so. There should be very little if any calories.

lol
    yeah, I bought 12 boxes
    Sugar Free

atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well, although i am dubious about its actually benefit. I will do the best things and get the raw gelatin. like knox gelatin. I will eat a package a day for like 6 weeks (only 25) calories. non of that sugar or sugar free jello. to see if i notice a little difference.

Originally Posted by atticus_a
    well, although i am dubious about its actually benefit. I will do the best things and get the raw gelatin. like knox gelatin. I will eat a package a day for like 6 weeks (only 25) calories. non of that sugar or sugar free jello. to see if i notice a little difference.

That's actually a really cool experiment, be sure to let me know how it turns out! I've never had anyone argue against gelatin as a skin tightning agent until I came to this board, so I'm curious to see what the truth is.

<7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10) <7% is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just my opinion: I think the processing should not impact the potential benefit of collagen at all. I don't think they do anything in the manufacturing process that destroys the collages. Definitely ylet us know what you experience

Good luck

My experience thus far is Knox "unflavored" gelatin tastes quite bad. Trying it cold it is even worse. drinking it warm and you have a chance.

RebelLB07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've used knox gelatin to thicken up my protein shakes before, if that helps with your consumption dilemma at all. I don't notice a taste difference...

I don't know if it is the unigue concentration of amino acids that gives the gelatin the effect. I fear if I add other protein structures it will interfer with the ratio of protein synthesis and uptake. I know that when I tried a different collagen supplementation they indicated that you didn't want to mix proteins with it. But part of me though bull****.

But right now, I am trying to mix with splenda or lemon juice concentrate. If neither of those works I might try cost mixing it.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will highly consider it and if neither of the other ways works I might try that.

PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Heh, I was reading through this thread. When you guys were talking topical usage, I was imagining ole' boy all red and green from spreading the jello into his skin. Heee heee.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear what you find out.

Also, for skin firming, topical application of Q10 is thought to help as well (such as Nivea Body Lotion Skin Firming Formula).
    ============================
    ----I wanna be SUPER HERO BIG!----
    ============================

BODYBUILDING'S TOP FIVE FACTORS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE

1) Attitude - Think big to become big.
    2) Nutrition - You can't build anything without raw materials.
    3) Routine - Work hard, but smart.
    4) Recovery - Muscles grow in bed, not in the gym.
    5) Supplementation - Icing on the cake.

Aliceanne73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Try Bone Broth to get your Gelatin.

Make bone broth. You get gelatin from the animal bits. There is a recipe on the page. If you are leery about clicking on random links simply search bone broth and gelatin.

Let me know how it goes. I am not even sure where to get the animal bits. I suppose a local butcher shop. Still....

oops I'm not allowed to post links. bodyecology had an article about bone broth.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Almost 11 years