Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)

Getting in shape but friends think I'm Anorexic??

We just started summer camp for cross country a month ago and the first thing one of my friends said when she saw me was

"Oh wow you seemed to have gotten a lot skinnier!" which was kind of flattering but... I thought she was just being nice.

Over the past few weeks everyone has been telling me that I'm too skinny and that I should eat more and that I don't have "meat on my bones" though it's obvious that most of the muscles in my body are well-toned (not huge or anything, but visible).

And it's not like I'm skin and bones or anything... I have definite muscle though my body fat % is lower.

We went on a run just today and we went to Einstein's Bagel Co. and I told them that I didn't want to eat a bagel in the middle of our run ( and wait until I get home for breakfast) and now they think I'm anorexic?

How should I deal with that type of situation... I know that runners need a lot of carbs but my eating habits are different than theirs?
    eating out? a nutritional guide to popular restaurants and fast food!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2920231

the best ways to prepare your oatmeal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108636081

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also being a skinny cross country runner, I deal with this all the time. Like, I turn down a soda sweetened with HFCS, and my friends are like,"What are you, manorexic? Why do you drink diet soda if you're so damn skinny?" I don't usually bother explaining to them why I prefer complex carbs and the importance of eating well. I just go home and look at my 6-pack in the mirror, and then dig into a plate of sweetpotatos.

Seriously though, some people just don't get it, and you can try explaining to them why you eat how you do, and if they still don't get it, that's their problem. But I can sympathize because I know exactly what you're going through.

Did you actually lose weight or just lower bf? Because if you're the same weight or higher, that's a pretty sure sign you're not anorexic. I gained weight and lowered bodyfat, and people look at me and think I've lost weight. Put on some more muscle, and that should shut them up.

BlueBeau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueBeau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueBeau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueBeau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know what your saying. I am a pure endo and was once very fat but have lost almost all of my fat. I have to keep my diet very clean, but I don't freak out if I cheat a little here or there, but most people really don't understand the difference between low bf% and just being "skinny". I take tons of crap from grandparents/aunts pretty much anyone who I don't live with because whenever I am with them it's always a big family event and they always want to go eat ice cream/chinese buffet or both lol. I only eat that stuff on like a bimonthly basis nowadays. It's mostly jealousy I think. I don't believe for a minute that they are genuinely concerned with my health. People are like that. You just have to learn to ignore it. Who cares if they think you're anorexic?

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think both of you would do better putting on a little weight...just sayin'

post 1 and 2
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    Also being a skinny cross country runner, I deal with this all the time. Like, I turn down a soda sweetened with HFCS, and my friends are like,"What are you, manorexic? Why do you drink diet soda if you're so damn skinny?" I don't usually bother explaining to them why I prefer complex carbs and the importance of eating well. I just go home and look at my 6-pack in the mirror, and then dig into a plate of sweetpotatos.

Seriously though, some people just don't get it, and you can try explaining to them why you eat how you do, and if they still don't get it, that's their problem. But I can sympathize because I know exactly what you're going through.

Did you actually lose weight or just lower bf? Because if you're the same weight or higher, that's a pretty sure sign you're not anorexic. I gained weight and lowered bodyfat, and people look at me and think I've lost weight. Put on some more muscle, and that should shut them up.

Thanks for the fast&helpful reply

I lost a little weight but it was mainly body fat. (But i'm not suprised if it's also a little muscle from connstantly running long distance). However, I have gained some muscle too since I last saw them but, same as you, people think I've just become purely skinny. Putting on more muscle right now would be nice however I haven't seen that many "muscular" cross country people, if you know what i mean. It's true though, I'd rather take verbal crap from them and feel better on a run.

I know what your saying. I am a pure endo and was once very fat but have lost almost all of my fat. I have to keep my diet very clean, but I don't freak out if I cheat a little here or there, but most people really don't understand the difference between low bf% and just being "skinny". I take tons of crap from grandparents/aunts pretty much anyone who I don't live with because whenever I am with them it's always a big family event and they always want to go eat ice cream/chinese buffet or both lol. I only eat that stuff on like a bimonthly basis nowadays. It's mostly jealousy I think. I don't believe for a minute that they are genuinely concerned with my health. People are like that. You just have to learn to ignore it. Who cares if they think you're anorexic?
    I 100% understand the whole family thing... my family is like that too and all the want to go to are buffets and go out to eat and then when I'm not eating like them they think I have bad eating habits... I think sometimes people know that they aren't eating too healthy so it makes them feel better when other people are eating like them. It's just incredibly frustrating sometimes...

jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by abergirl View Post
    I think sometimes people know that they aren't eating too healthy so it makes them feel better when other people are eating like them. It's just incredibly frustrating sometimes...
    So true. I get this feeling alot with my friends.

As for your friends thinking your anorexic, just tell them that your gonna go home and eat something better and more nutritious later. Or say you just ate not too long ago.

Ive actually had a talk with my friends about my diet. I told them that I feel 100% better when I don't eat **** food, and I have grown acustomed to it so its not really a big deal for me too turn down fast food or whatever. They understood.
    ***Transformation Thread*** http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148554381&posted=1#post148554381

***Finished Review*** Hyperdrol X2/ MassFX
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5319863

"Light days? Isn't that a tampon or something."

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just tell them you have irritable bowel syndrome and can only eat certain things at certain times.

problem solved :P

bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't have to explain yourself at all. I looked at your bodyspace and you're absolutely fine the way you are.
    glorify the Lord in all that you do =)

Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol, nobody understands the diet soda thing... i'm like **** guys, look at your stomachs, look at mine, theres a reason i dont eat like you lol

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just barley over 104 lbs at the age of 16 and 5'4 u could afford to gain 10-15 lbs man it wont hurt u at all as long as u are lifting and keeping in shape.. i think 10 lbs wont hurt u at all.. flirting with the 100lb mark as a male and in high school u are kinda small

but at least u eat clean and have a good diet.. keep that in check and its all good man.. maybe eat lil bit more

but i respect that u turn down that **** foods already in ur life.. u are off to a good start and a healthy life keep it up.. dont listen to their ****.. keep ur diet going well and let them eat all that ****

but if ur gonna go out to get a bagel w/ ur buddies go for whole wheat with some peanut butter mmmm

sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think some more weight would look better on you, seeing as you're only like an inch smaller than me but a bit over 10 pounds lighter too. you'd probably look great if you did a little clean bulk, you'd get some good muscle.

edit: oh and ignore those people who call you anorexic, i had to go through it and I KNOW it sucks. it took me a while to realize that it's not my problem what they think, im trying to put on some weight but im doing it in my OWN way (not eating junk all the time, but lots of healthy foods)
    Last edited by sportyhp; 06-26-2007 at 05:20 PM.
    Michael Scott: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    just tell them you have irritable bowel syndrome and can only eat certain things at certain times.

LOL

I am totally gonna do this!!! People just don't understand keto. I'm sure they'll stop asking questions when I mention the IBS

OP, you don't look anorexic, and I know it's hard to experience hypertrophy as a distance runner since you extensively train your slim, slow twitch muscles. If you start hitting some moderate/low reps and heavy weights, maybe throw in some sprints, it'll help to add some muscle. Right now, people just think you're anorexic because you're extremely slim and your muscles aren't the thick type. Plus they may be a little self-conscious themselves. And I totally understand not eating a bagel in the middle of a run, cause...well, barf. lol:-)

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Er, you're 16, don't sweat it. I weighed less than you at 16, and I was the same height. It's hard to tell when people are being sincere or not, but at 16 years old, you're probably not finished growing. I'd just tell them you're fine, but thanks for their concern, unless you think you really do have an eating disorder or something.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Messly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    just barley over 104 lbs at the age of 16 and 5'4 u could afford to gain 10-15 lbs man it wont hurt u at all as long as u are lifting and keeping in shape.. i think 10 lbs wont hurt u at all.. flirting with the 100lb mark as a male and in high school u are kinda small

but at least u eat clean and have a good diet.. keep that in check and its all good man.. maybe eat lil bit more

but i respect that u turn down that **** foods already in ur life.. u are off to a good start and a healthy life keep it up.. dont listen to their ****.. keep ur diet going well and let them eat all that ****

but if ur gonna go out to get a bagel w/ ur buddies go for whole wheat with some peanut butter mmmm
    she's a girl!...also just do what your doing i had/have the same type of problem once they see you know what your doing is right they'll back off

Leslie

intermittent fasting .ridiculous's Avatar
    .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im 6"1' 180 lbs from 230. I still have around 19-22% bf. Some of my friends call me anorexic and they are....umm.... bigger with bad eating habits. It irritates me when they have they nerve to make fun of me. Its ok though, Ima get da huyge guns eventually

ps you look nice man I wish I had a girl friend lol
    Last edited by kstufff; 06-26-2007 at 05:40 PM.

ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know that runners need a lot of carbs but my eating habits are different than theirs?
    let us know exactly what your eating habits are and how much running youre actually doing.. its possible that your eating habits are better, but then again maybe not...

Registered User GEORGIACHAMPION's Avatar
    GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as long as you have a healthy body fat dont worry about your weight. people tell you thet your too skinny because in reality they are to fat and it makes them feel better too point the finger at you rather than themselves. you look great (not in a creapy hittin on you way)and as long as you feel good your fine.

slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Switch to track and sprint, instead of run distance, trust me its a lot more fun.

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by slick1235676 View Post
    Switch to track and sprint, instead of run distance, trust me its a lot more fun.
    lol you can't just switch from running hardcore x-country to sprints in track & field. To be good, you gotta be first of all bigger, stronger, have much more developed twitch fibers, and also genetics plays a role. If you're good at x-country, stick to x-country.

Don't be afraid to have a treat once in a while tho, you can afford it, especially from the amount of calories you burn from running so much.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xl Achilles lx View Post
    lol you can't just switch from running hardcore x-country to sprints in track & field. To be good, you gotta be first of all bigger, stronger, have much more developed twitch fibers, and also genetics plays a role. If you're good at x-country, stick to x-country.
    x2. I am living testament to this. I run a mile in 5:07 and 5 miles in 29:56. But man, a couple of sprints and I'm out. Which is why when I played hs soccer I was an outside mid as opposed to a forward. But now that I'm in college and not competing, I've basically scaled the 5 miles thing down to twice a week and lift 3x because I can afford to worry about aesthetics now. When you're actually competing in a sport, always go for function over form. A little bf can give you some fuel for the longhaul.

Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just be confident and secure with yourself and your training and diet.

If you are doing things the right way, it should be easy to ignore their opinions.

A lot of people who choose a healthy lifestyle are pushed to the fringe by others who don't have the dedication or work ethic to do it themselves.

Just believe in yourself and let everything else fall into place.

TinaHPU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking at your profile I noticed that your goal is to lose 10 lbs. Maybe you have not updated it in a while?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    we know ur eating clean.. ur working out.. and ur on top of ur cardio.. just make sure u dont UNDEREAT bottom line.. if u under eat u will severly damage ur metabolism which is already crazy cause ur young.. and ur a lil underweight..

just stick to works best for u and keeps u at a good maintinance for weight or a lil gain of muscle wont hurt here or there.. just keep eating clean and doing what u do best avoiding the **** foods and exercising and busting ur ass in the gym

many helpful replies! sorry my internet was down last night so just started reading this thread again today...

So true. I get this feeling alot with my friends.

As for your friends thinking your anorexic, just tell them that your gonna go home and eat something better and more nutritious later. Or say you just ate not too long ago.

Ive actually had a talk with my friends about my diet. I told them that I feel 100% better when I don't eat **** food, and I have grown acustomed to it so its not really a big deal for me too turn down fast food or whatever. They understood.
    i try to explain it to them but then they keep throwing " you have an eating disorder" out at me... which makes me step back and go "woahh. don't cross that line" you know? i think i've gotten into this phase with some of them where they want to start force feeding me unhealthy food. aiyy.

hahahah
    that would make me about 1000x more attractive, huh?

she's a girl!...also just do what your doing i had/have the same type of problem once they see you know what your doing is right they'll back off

Leslie
    thanks for clearing that up

i think some more weight would look better on you, seeing as you're only like an inch smaller than me but a bit over 10 pounds lighter too. you'd probably look great if you did a little clean bulk, you'd get some good muscle.

edit: oh and ignore those people who call you anorexic, i had to go through it and I KNOW it sucks. it took me a while to realize that it's not my problem what they think, im trying to put on some weight but im doing it in my OWN way (not eating junk all the time, but lots of healthy foods)
    i'm really trying hard to get more muscle but once again long distance is pushing me back it's good to know that a lot of people go through the same thing and getting critisized for eating healthy...

as long as you have a healthy body fat dont worry about your weight. people tell you thet your too skinny because in reality they are to fat and it makes them feel better too point the finger at you rather than themselves. you look great (not in a creapy hittin on you way)and as long as you feel good your fine.
    Im 6"1' 180 lbs from 230. I still have around 19-22% bf. Some of my friends call me anorexic and they are....umm.... bigger with bad eating habits. It irritates me when they have they nerve to make fun of me. Its ok though, Ima get da huyge guns eventually

ps you look nice man I wish I had a girl friend lol
    haha thanks

let us know exactly what your eating habits are and how much running youre actually doing.. its possible that your eating habits are better, but then again maybe not...
    Wake up, coffee, then I go to practice in the morning (today was around an hour and a half of something like a 20 minute warm up, 6-1-5-1-4-1-3-1-2-1-1 sprint jog, then a 20 minute cool down and some stretching) then i'll have a bowl of kashi go lean cereal with soy milk and some protein powder. Lunch will be some complex carbs, meat in the form of tuna, chicken, or boca burger, and fruit. Snack will be a pria bar, fruit, and a boca burger patty, dinner is lean meat, vegetables... and then I'll go to the gym at night and take a yoga class. I find that I can't really eat before my workouts in the morning otherwise my stomach flips out and that's probably why it's hard to gain muscle.

x2. I am living testament to this. I run a mile in 5:07 and 5 miles in 29:56. But man, a couple of sprints and I'm out. Which is why when I played hs soccer I was an outside mid as opposed to a forward. But now that I'm in college and not competing, I've basically scaled the 5 miles thing down to twice a week and lift 3x because I can afford to worry about aesthetics now. When you're actually competing in a sport, always go for function over form. A little bf can give you some fuel for the longhaul.
    x3. I used to run sprints but muscle fibers are incredibly important now that I'm into cross country for a few years already. doing a sprint workout and i'm DONE in 10 minutes but a long run (maybe 60+ minutes) and i feel great. the body is complex like that i suppose? great times though

Just be confident and secure with yourself and your training and diet.

If you are doing things the right way, it should be easy to ignore their opinions.

A lot of people who choose a healthy lifestyle are pushed to the fringe by others who don't have the dedication or work ethic to do it themselves.

Just believe in yourself and let everything else fall into place.
    thanks... very inspiring and well said.

Looking at your profile I noticed that your goal is to lose 10 lbs. Maybe you have not updated it in a while?
    forgot about that whoops will update it now.

we know ur eating clean.. ur working out.. and ur on top of ur cardio.. just make sure u dont UNDEREAT bottom line.. if u under eat u will severly damage ur metabolism which is already crazy cause ur young.. and ur a lil underweight..

just stick to works best for u and keeps u at a good maintinance for weight or a lil gain of muscle wont hurt here or there.. just keep eating clean and doing what u do best avoiding the **** foods and exercising and busting ur ass in the gym
    a lot of times i think i'm afraid to gain more weight than i need to for cross country because i used to be a "chubby runner" from overeating and binging all the time while at the same time i remember last season i would look around and all the girls were so skinny... i realize now that it is all about balance though- very good advice

thanks everyone (i'll try to rep everyone that i can but if you don't get reps now i'll do it when it recharges)
    Last edited by abergirl; 06-27-2007 at 07:25 AM.

ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000)

Wake up, coffee, then I go to practice in the morning (today was around an hour and a half of something like a 20 minute warm up, 6-1-5-1-4-1-3-1-2-1-1 sprint jog, then a 20 minute cool down and some stretching) then i'll have a bowl of kashi go lean cereal with soy milk and some protein powder. Lunch will be some complex carbs, meat in the form of tuna, chicken, or boca burger, and fruit. Snack will be a pria bar, fruit, and a boca burger patty, dinner is lean meat, vegetables... and then I'll go to the gym at night and take a yoga class. I find that I can't really eat before my workouts in the morning otherwise my stomach flips out and that's probably why it's hard to gain muscle.

So you eat dinner, go take a yoga class, go home and sleep, wake up the next morning, only have coffee, then have cross country running practice...

My guess is youre a little low on your carb intake...

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it seems like you're afraid to gain weight.

don't worry, most people are...especially those who were overweight in the past.

i would be a little more relaxed about your diet and see if you can gain some quality weight, then if you see that you gained too much..you can always lose it again, right?

Originally Posted by ilurk View Post
    So you eat dinner, go take a yoga class, go home and sleep, wake up the next morning, only have coffee, then have cross country running practice...

My guess is youre a little low on your carb intake...
    most likely carbs are a little low but a few months ago i lowered my carbs on my injured/ off season and then i started eating no starchy carbs whatsoever and now I'm trying to inch back into starchy carbs and introducing them back into my diet.

jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

You better be getting a post workout meal in after the gym at night...or else you will lose all the muscles worked in your weights/yoga routine.

I have a pretty effective calorie calculator, and I calculated your estimated needs being 16 yrs old, 5'4 and 105 lbs with 2 hours of exercise each day (1 hour for the morning training and 1 hour for the night training that you do). You should be taking in at least 2700 calories daily.

The calculator actually calls for like 2800-2900 but I think you would be safe anywhere above 2700.

You may not have anorexia but you also may not know how much you need to be eating. I garauntee that if you aren't getting 2700+ calories then you aren't training to your full potential, and if you do get that many calories then you will see your training and overall energy skyrocket....

I speak from experience - I'm taking in alot of calories currently (3200) daily to put on some lean muscle and I only train for about an hour with 3 weight training days and 3-4 cardio/ab days. I used to do this on about 2700 calories and thought I was making progress, but then I bumped up to 3000 about 5 weeks ago and 3200 this week and I feel more energized overall with the caloric increase and my weight has stayed the same (although I am hoping to gain some pounds with the 3200 calories). I am hoping to weigh 175 lbs by christmas with a similar percentage of bodyfat.

Good luck with track.
    Work hard, play hard, eat hard...
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Originally Posted by jfla32033 View Post
    You better be getting a post workout meal in after the gym at night...or else you will lose all the muscles worked in your weights/yoga routine.

I have a pretty effective calorie calculator, and I calculated your estimated needs being 16 yrs old, 5'4 and 105 lbs with 2 hours of exercise each day (1 hour for the morning training and 1 hour for the night training that you do). You should be taking in at least 2700 calories daily.

The calculator actually calls for like 2800-2900 but I think you would be safe anywhere above 2700.

You may not have anorexia but you also may not know how much you need to be eating. I garauntee that if you aren't getting 2700+ calories then you aren't training to your full potential, and if you do get that many calories then you will see your training and overall energy skyrocket....

I speak from experience - I'm taking in alot of calories currently (3200) daily to put on some lean muscle and I only train for about an hour with 3 weight training days and 3-4 cardio/ab days. I used to do this on about 2700 calories and thought I was making progress, but then I bumped up to 3000 about 5 weeks ago and 3200 this week and I feel more energized overall with the caloric increase and my weight has stayed the same (although I am hoping to gain some pounds with the 3200 calories). I am hoping to weigh 175 lbs by christmas with a similar percentage of bodyfat.

Good luck with track.
    Work hard, play hard, eat hard...
    wow.

i just read over your reply and it's incredibly helpful. however 2700 seems kind of high still? even if i'm sedentary for the rest of the day?

sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000)
    it'll depend on your metabolism too but if it's any help i try to take in between 2000-2200 cals per day and im seeing more muscle gain than fat gain really
    Michael Scott: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.