Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    some of you with it don't even look like you have it with all the mass you guys gained from lifting. the upside from what you guys have is you don't have man boobs or gyno. personally, my chest has been so much bigger in proportion to my body since i started benching only in highschool. i'm only 5'6" tall but i have like a 38"+ chest which i don't really like. i need to lose some fat but still, with some hard lifting, most of you guys look like you have a good chest.
    Never forget where you came from.

Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Li_Bai_Dantes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've never really paid attention to my chest before but I just started working out 3 weeks ago and ran across this thread. I looked at my chest and started to realize that it looks like I have this too.

Do you guys think I have it? And if I do is it moderate enough that with a lot more muscle it will look a lot more diminished?
    Attached Images

Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Li_Bai_Dantes View Post
    I've never really paid attention to my chest before but I just started working out 3 weeks ago and ran across this thread. I looked at my chest and started to realize that it looks like I have this too.

Do you guys think I have it? And if I do is it moderate enough that with a lot more muscle it will look a lot more diminished?
    I don't think you have it. For what it looks like look at my pic

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...427152orig.jpg

I'm confirmed to have a moderate indentation although I don't have any of the bad symptoms except for a decrease in Bench and due to the condition my stomach is far rounder then most people's which isn't really terrible but definitely not optimal for looks.
    Madcow 5x5 Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106857231

Sexy Chemical Engineer Ke422azn's Avatar
    Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ke422azn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Sculelos View Post
    I don't think you have it. For what it looks like look at my pic

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...427152orig.jpg

I'm confirmed to have a moderate indentation although I don't have any of the bad symptoms except for a decrease in Bench and due to the condition my stomach is far rounder then most people's which isn't really terrible but definitely not optimal for looks.
    Looks like someone punched you and left a permanent hole on your chest. I have never seen an Asian with this disorder, must be a white genetics thing.
    Me Picking Up Chicks (Subscribe if You Like!)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SquattinCassanova

brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yep, it's mostly caucasian, males who are 6' or over. There are some females with it, but not nearly as many, and even then they're all pretty tall.

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brianphi View Post
    yep, it's mostly caucasian, males who are 6' or over. There are some females with it, but not nearly as many, and even then they're all pretty tall.
    But some asians like me have this thing where your chest/rib cage is pretty shallow. Like lying flat on the ground relaxed, most people's chest will appear higher than their face. My chest is so shallow, that if I took a deep breath and puffed my chest out, it's still not going to be higher than my face while lying on the ground. If I raise my arms up and breathed out really hard, I can get my chest soooo flat its freaky. That was my 'stupid human trick' I'd do to freak people out for when we got drunk in college. That might be why I have always sucked at endurance sports cause I might not have a big a lung capacity as 'normal' people.

Other than that, everything else is normal, and I don't seem to lose any strength from it. I can build muscle and strength as good as anyone else I knew. I knew another guy who was the same way, and he happened to be asian as well. With a shirt on, we always looked skinny cause our rib cages are so shallow. But with shirts off, you could see alot of muscle.

I remember watching the Olympics one year, and saw a couple of divers on the Chinese team that were like that too. And I remember telling people 'Hey, that guys is like me!'
    My vids
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nykwan1/videos

tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000) tds.Enziet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey everyone i have a pretty serious case of PE compared to a lot of you. I started lifting a year ago and I think that it has really helped. I'll post a pic in a bit.

sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sachin2592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pe

well im an asian and i have a pectus excavatum...
    my left side is prettty much fine, id say its 90% or even more normal.
    but my right side is the mesd up one :S
    even tho ive been benching and doin a lot of pushups, u cant c the impression underneath the pecs on my right side because my bone there slopes at an angle and when i tense i can see the muscle make way thru the nipple area :S
    i think with more weights my left side will be good but any ideas on how to make the right side seem normal?
    i might post a pic soon

Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000)
    You guys think I might have it? Never thought about it but this got me worrying a bit :X
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mosho; 04-15-2008 at 05:56 AM.

Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sculelos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mosho View Post
    You guys think I might have it? Never thought about it but this got me worrying a bit :X
    You don't have it. Remember people with it have a noticeable fairly deep indent in their chest.
    Madcow 5x5 Journal:

maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000) maxamilion is a complete loser! (-2000)
    wow this thread has defiantly educated me, I wasn't even aware of this condition and had never even seen it before. :S
    Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible kunt... me.

Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Sculelos View Post
    You don't have it. Remember people with it have a noticeable fairly deep indent in their chest.
    I guess :P Just that people posted pics here without that deep indent and said they have it.

Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A guy in my dorm has it, he is 6'5'' and has it pretty bad, plus his lower ribs jut out. He only weighs like 175 too, its bad...but he still insists on saying he has a bigger chest and arms than me, even though he has no muscle on them.
    Meow

Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I definitely have this condition, although not an extreme case. It hurt me psychologically when I was a teen, and really got me into weightlifting in the first place. I have worked very hard over the years to improve my appearance, but my bench press is still pathetically low in comparison to my other lifts. I eventually scrapped the bench press and did the following for my chest:
    Dumbbell pullovers (tons of these to help expand the rib cage)
    Heavy incline dumbbell flyes
    Dumbbell presses
    Dips
    Pushups with narrow and wide hand position

Using variations of this routine I was finally able to develop some decent mass...bench presses were worthless for me.
    I thought I was the only one! Glad to know I'm not alone out there.

...what a douche... Antagonist388's Avatar
    Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Antagonist388 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

peacefulkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have it. i dont know what condition it is though. if anyone could help me out? will this effect my ability to gain muscle?
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by peacefulkid View Post
    i have it. i dont know what condition it is though. if anyone could help me out? will this effect my ability to gain muscle?
    No, I have a moderate case of Pectus Excavatum and it hasn't effected my ability to gain muscle at all. Many people with a serious case of this have trouble breathing when exercising as their heart is confined to a small space and they don't have a large lung capacity for taking in air. Thankfully I don't have either of those effects but I'm still quite sure the condition has weakened my Bench and Military and Strengthened my Bent Over Barbell Rows for some odd reason. Weird trade off but at least I'm getting some benefit out of it. Plus I can seriously freak people out by doing odd crap.
    Madcow 5x5 Journal:

LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeantoMean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I got it too =( But it has goten alot less noticeable since i started lifting....and im goin to try the dumbbell pullovers to see if they help also.

Mick31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got it as well, it seems as my pecks get bigger the indentation seems deeper lol.
    Attached Images

Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mick31 View Post
    I've got it as well, it seems as my pecks get bigger the indentation seems deeper lol.
    ouch, has your bench been affected at all? you have quite a bad case
    ☆★★☆★?ɐʌo uıʞɐʇ ɐǝs uǝǝʇ☆★★☆★

negger please......

reps on sight for life:

Jules_d1

bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its better then what i have got i have damn Pectus Carinatum

nijelrijel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mick31 View Post
    mine looks a lot like yours but not quite as round but more open and wide...have u tried pull overs and flies to stretch it?

gangster of satisfaction quietstormx1's Avatar
    quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ke422azn View Post
    Looks like someone punched you and left a permanent hole on your chest. I have never seen an Asian with this disorder, must be a white genetics thing.
    way to contribute to the thread.

and just because YOU havent seen an asian with it, doesnt mean there arent any. im friends with an asian in college that has it.

and no, somebody didnt punch him in the chest. its not something to make fun of, and even if you werent, thats a pretty dick comment to make. ever consider some of us were made fun of growing up? a condition like this seriously affects a child mentally growing up and an ignorant comment like this wouldnt help matters much.

not only is this condition devistating mentally, but many cases, physically as well as the heart and lungs do not have enough room to grow. it can also cause scoleosus (sp). Many times, this condition is accompanied by Marphans Syndrome..which includes extreme height, lax joints, and an enlarged aorta that can lead to multiple heart problems.

its really sad how ignorant and immature people can be.
    Last edited by quietstormx1; 06-15-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by quietstormx1 View Post
    way to contribute to the thread.

and just because YOU havent seen an asian with it, doesnt mean there arent any. im friends with an asian in college that has it.

and no, somebody didnt punch him in the chest. its not something to make fun of, and even if you werent, thats a pretty dick comment to make. ever consider some of us were made fun of growing up? a condition like this seriously affects a child mentally growing up and an ignorant comment like this wouldnt help matters much.

not only is this condition devistating mentally, but many cases, physically as well as the heart and lungs do not have enough room to grow. it can also cause scoleosus (sp). Many times, this condition is accompanied by Marphans Syndrome..which includes extreme height, lax joints, and an enlarged aorta that can lead to multiple heart problems.

its really sad how ignorant and immature people can be.
    rofl calm down dude. he never meant to insult anyone. I hate it when people get so easily offended.

I'll never be able to take bb'ing seriously because of my minor case effecting my pec insertion points. But oh well, **** happens.

negger please......

reps on sight for life:

Jules_d1

Originally Posted by Sex_Pistol View Post
    rofl calm down dude. he never meant to insult anyone. I hate it when people get so easily offended.

I'll never be able to take bb'ing seriously because of my minor case effecting my pec insertion points. But oh well, **** happens.
    Indeed. I'm the same way as I will never become a true bodybuilder since my chest is indented and it causes me to have a rounded stomach as well... definitely hurts my appearance without a shirt on but I've come to accept it and am still going to get as big and lean as I possibly can naturally. I might still look freaky without my shirt on but at least I'll be big, muscular, strong and in much better shape then most people, thats my goal.
    Madcow 5x5 Journal:

brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'll never be able to take bb'ing seriously because of my minor case effecting my pec insertion points. .

You may never win any shows, but not taking it seriously is your own choice.

Originally Posted by brianphi View Post
    You may never win any shows, but not taking it seriously is your own choice.
    I meant doing comps lulz. i take it seriously, but I will never be able to take it any further.

negger please......

reps on sight for life:

Jules_d1

gangster of satisfaction quietstormx1's Avatar
    quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

i actually wasnt too offended, it just erked me that the guy read the thread, looked at some of the pictures, and made an ill-informed/pointless comment that could potentially hurt some peoples mentality. a lot of people have enough problems taking theyre shirts off in public, a comment like that wouldnt help. and many times people who dont have it or have never heard of it before have no idea that its not just a cosmetic coniditon, but that it also can cause physical harm.

TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TinFoil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i have pidgeons chest. my right pec/chest is normal but my left pic sticks out, also, my pecs are uneven meaing one is higher than the other. i have trouble breathing all the time and when i lie down to sleep it hurts to breath sometimes. that really sucks, be glad you dont have that problem.

i never had it as a child or atleast it wasnt as noticeable but every since hs ive been getting comments about it like someone will glance at my chest wen im wearing a thin shirt and say dude wuts wrong wit ur chest its sticking out.

more than a dozen times someone has punched my chest or hit it either by accident or just messing around and then they will be like whoa wtf your chest is weird.

those comments really hurt cuz theres nothing i can do about it. i started lifting a few weeks ago, im hoping it will help.

even if it doesn't help overall you'll look a lot better, If you have trouble breathing you might want to check into what medical procedures may be available... check out pectusinfo.com there's some good info on that site.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast