Waskaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hip replacement -- doing lower body exercises.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the BB.com community. I finally joined because I am struggling and I really would love some guidance. I'm 38 years old, been in the bodybuilding world since I was 21. I started having major hip pain about 5 years ago. With rest and Aleve, I was able to subside it. The pain became to much to take over this past winter and I went to ta Doctor for advice. It turns out, I will need to have a hip replacement... however, not for another 6-10 years. My doctor wants to hold off. My concern is, is that I'm training to compete in my first bodybuilding show next summer. I've started my bulking diet, set forth by my nutritionist. I am here to ask about recommendations for building massive legs. I am unable to do free form squats. All of my movements need to be on controlled machines. I have had great luck with the V-Squat, hack, Smith machine squat and lunges. But, I'm looking to add in more. I'm really hoping to get some new suggestions and to tweak my routine. My goal is to put on at least 25lbs of muscle before next summer. My legs are really lacking and it's super frustrating for me. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.