Thread: Bulking up....

ironbrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking up....

Im an 18 year old personal trainer at the, heh....ymca. well i know its not a hardcore gym but it works. Anyway im an endomorph and its sucks, but im trying to put on some serious mass during the winter then cut it up in the summer for a competition. For the past few years i've been doing chest, tris, front delts/back, bi, side & rear delts/legs spilt twice a week. This usually works for my body and i've been making gains but im kind of at a stand still. I was just wondering if somebody is in a similar situtuation or has some insights or tips that might help me blast through the winter. thanks all-
    "i loved the feel of the cold iron and steel warming to my touch and the sounds and semlls of the gym" "Its like cuming" -Arnold

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironbrock
    Im an 18 year old personal trainer at the, heh....ymca. well i know its not a hardcore gym but it works. Anyway im an endomorph and its sucks, but im trying to put on some serious mass during the winter then cut it up in the summer for a competition. For the past few years i've been doing chest, tris, front delts/back, bi, side & rear delts/legs spilt twice a week. This usually works for my body and i've been making gains but im kind of at a stand still. I was just wondering if somebody is in a similar situtuation or has some insights or tips that might help me blast through the winter. thanks all-
    Endomorphs respond to higher reps/sets than other bodytypes. Endomorphs also respond best to DB exercises and cable exercises because of their leverages-limb length and torso thickness/length. Endomorphs are usually strong, but need to concentrate to make sure the muscles are doing the work not their joints.

I would NOT recommend bulking and cutting for an endomorph. If you bulk you will stay bulked. Endomorphs usually have a slight estrogen problem, and by putting on more fat you encourage it. You can cut carbs to lose fat and STILL gain muscle because of your metabolism. "Taper" your carbs-eat the most after your workout (for recovery), then gradually taper them down as you get further from your workout.